Their Best Match game

scottyshowman82

Getting Noticed By Management
Just a little game....

I'll name a pro wrestler and then whatever name you see last when you make your first post, write in your opinion what their best match of their career was. The more detail in opinion and any personal stories and links you choose to add to your point of view the better the thread will be.

I'll start with what many would call the number one in the business since he is the current WWE Champion..The Rock.

Obviously his wars with Austin @ Wrestlemania jump out right away. They were electric, they did have the fans on their seats, those matches were great and elevated the WWE but to me a lot of them fall into the category of a lot of brawling and who can kick out of the most finishers. His match at Wrestlemania 18 against Hogan was a match I was lucky enough to there live for, it absolutely incredible. It was a magical dream match. He did have the Iron match against HHH which was different than the, HBK/Bret Hart match which set the standard for Iron Man matches, in that there were a lot of pins it was a great show of heart and toughness on both Rock and HHH's part. HHH and The Rock also had that great ladder match at Summerslam '98. I believe it was a very good ladder match, again lots of brawling, very hard fought tough match.

All great impressive matches in the Rock's carreer, however if I had to pick Rock's best match for me, it would have to be the I Quit match at the 1999 Royal Rumble against Mankind, The Chair Shots were brutal, this was, to steal a term from Michael Cole Vintage Rock, he really came into his own, fully into the "roody poo, at the corner of Jabroni Drive & Know your Role Boulevard,long side burns, sun glasses wearing" Rock. Rock really got to shine with his promo skills on the mike since it was an I Quit match. Although in retrospect, I gotta say the the chair shots were excessive and knowing what we know now, they weren't the best idea, that being said it was one of those brutal matches that really said, this is the attitude era, this is the WWF at the time and this is what we do, better than anyone at the time.

So in my opinion The Rock's best match was against Mankind at the 1999 Royal Rumble...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSWuCLC_Z8U

so the next person your question is what was Mankind/ Mick Foley's best match and then so forth, the game will continue...

» Mick Foley's best match was against either The Rock or Edge. I am a big fan of Mankind, and in 1998 he showed the world how good of a wrestler he really was, specially with matches against the likes of Steve Austin, but only a year later I would find myself really enjoying is skills as a whole, specially with that shown at Royal Rumble 1999. Aside from the Hell In A Cell match in 1998, I believe that this one is the one I remember the most, it was brutal and it sold every inch of Mankind's character at that point. But well, you also pointed that one out so...

Outside the WWE he also has some big fights against Terry Funk that it's worth checking out. Most recently, his WrestleMania Moment against Edge is to this day one of my favorite matches for both of their careers.

The next competitor will talk about: Rey Mysterio Jr.

History, I think this game works by selecting the opponent person who's best match you are trying to make a case for. Ie for Foley it might be Edge or Terry Funk as you pointed towards, but not Mysterio. Tell me if I'm right scotty.

Edge had a lot of pretty good matches over the years. His best may have been when he was teaming with Rey Misterio and they faced off against Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit at No Mercy 2002. His match with Undertaker at Wrestlemania 24 is nothing to sneeze at either. My favorite though would have to be against Benoit, Angle, and Guerrero on smackdown to determine the number one contender.

Edge had a lot of pretty good matches over the years. His best may have been when he was teaming with Rey Misterio and they faced off against Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit at No Mercy 2002. His match with Undertaker at Wrestlemania 24 is nothing to sneeze at either. My favorite though would have to be against Benoit, Angle, and Guerrero on smackdown to determine the number one contender.

So which is it?

Their best match is probably against each other so now we're caught in an endless loop.

Ha! Nice...

That's a shame, though, this seemed like a good game.

I'm going to go ahead and roll with The Undertaker, because WrestleMania 24 has been on my mind ever since KB made that thread. Taker's best match in my mind was unquestionably his classic against "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 25. So, the challenge I bestow upon the next lucky bastard is to tell us which match (just one will suffice) was the best in the career of Shawn Michaels?

Ha! Nice...

That's a shame, though, this seemed like a good game.

I'm going to go ahead and roll with The Undertaker, because WrestleMania 24 has been on my mind ever since KB made that thread. Taker's best match in my mind was unquestionably his classic against "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 25. So, the challenge I bestow upon the next lucky bastard is to tell us which match (just one will suffice) was the best in the career of Shawn Michaels?

It was Eddie Guerrero, But Shawns best match undoubtedly came against his best Friend HHH at SummerSlam 2002 a close second being the triple threat with these two and Chris Benoit

It's easier if we choose the next guy, as I was doing first, it will end the loops.
My Kurt Angle's favorite match... this one is though because he always had great matches, but there isn't one that we can call it an instant classic or something like that. At least in my opinion of course, but for the sake of it I think that Shawn Michaels was his best opponent, with Benoit coming of as a runner-up. His match at WrestleMania 21 against the Showstopper was a show stealing performance, specially since we had a very good card out of the bat.

Now, it's easier that way so I'll pick the next guy: Randy Orton

It's easier if we choose the next guy, as I was doing first, it will end the loops.
My Kurt Angle's favorite match... this one is though because he always had great matches, but there isn't one that we can call it an instant classic or something like that. At least in my opinion of course, but for the sake of it I think that Shawn Michaels was his best opponent, with Benoit coming of as a runner-up. His match at WrestleMania 21 against the Showstopper was a show stealing performance, specially since we had a very good card out of the bat.

Randy Orton's best was with Christian

This actually hilarious and fun to watch. I am enjoying reading it because people are reminding of matches I forgot, or missed.

History, I think this game works by selecting the opponent person who's best match you are trying to make a case for. Ie for Foley it might be Edge or Terry Funk as you pointed towards, but not Mysterio. Tell me if I'm right scotty.

lol you are correct sir.

We should stick with initial rules. No worries the thread no big deal it's more for fun, for people to express their favourite moments, memories and passions for certain matches. I really like making the initial statement in threads and just letting the thread loose and let it do what it wants organically. I think people are intelligent enough to keep a simple game like this going if they choose to.

Keeping the game going is the main factor of this thread but also feel free to comment, argue, dispute or share memories of matches mentioned. Have fun and enjoy Wrestlemania!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back