The WWE Women's Tag Team Championship Belts Make A Surprise Debut

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
During the opening minutes of A Moment of Bliss, Lil' Miss Bliss herself revealed some info regarding the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship. There's going to be an Elimination Chamber PPV in 5 weeks and 6 teams, 3 from Raw and 3 from SmackDown, will face off in an Elimination Chamber match with the winning team becoming the first WWE Women's Tag Team Championship. WWE.com posted several pics of the title belts a little while ago: Exclusive photos: In-depth look at the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships

Overall, I like 'em. It's a relatively simple design with the gold and silver accenting each other nicely and it's a nice change of pace to see a new main roster championship in which the center is little more than a huge WWE logo.

As to who the teams will be, you'll probably have Nia Jax & Tamina, maybe Sasha & Bayley and someone from the Riott Squadd for Raw. For SmackDown, probably Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville, the IIconics and they'll probably just slap Naomi with someone as part of her program with Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville.

While it wasn't stated outright, it looks like they're just going to do a single title instead of each brand getting a set of titles. Since they're determined to go down this road, that's really the only way to do it and it's something I wouldn't mind seeing happen with the men's tag team division at some point. Of course, this could be the next step in doing away with the brand split altogether, the first of which happening when they stopped going brand exclusive PPVs.

First, i'm glad that it's a floating championship instead of a brand only title as they're not enough team on either brand to carry a tag division

Also, it does give to women's in the division something to do especially those that are look at as a top tear talent on the level of charlotte and ronda rousey.

Now as far as the teams are concern for Elimination chamber, For RAW, I'm sure Sasha and bayley will be in it since they've been the poster team for those titles for months now. Nia & Tamina makes senses as well. As for the third team on Raw, it'S either going to the riott squad, Natalya and ember or mickie and either Dana or alicia. My gut tells me they they will go with the riott squad and maybe do like they did with the new day the last time they had the tag team elimination chamber match and have all three member of the team in the match.

As far as smackdown is concern. I pretty sure that Naomi will either tag with Lana or carmella as these are the only 2 option available for her right now unless they send either nikki cross or lacey evans to smackdown. Mandy and Sonya will be in there and the last team will be the iiconics which until last night, i completely forgot that they were on the roster. They could have Becky and charlotte teaming up and being put in this match instead of naomi and whoever, But that match really don'T need it and the title is pretty much a lower card level title anyway that it's above those 2 at this point.

So i'm happy that they finally pull the trigger on this project but i really don't have high hopes for this division or that title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back