• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The way the Slammy's SHOULD have gone

navyveteran

Dark Match Winner
I've watched the Slammy's the last few years and I've noticed my biggest complaint is the lack of consistency within the awards. The reason other ACTUAL awards shows are so entertaining is that the awards are the same year-in and year-out. Also, this could just be my impression, but it seems that these awards were used to simply further storylines rather than actually award the wrestlers on their accomplishments. I've listed below the awards this year and who won them.

The question for this thread is, what awards should be yearly awards without any change?
ex. Match of the Year
Superstar of the Year
Game Changer (seems like a solid concept to me)
Rookie of the Year

And just for side note discussions, how do you think these awards that did take place should have been awarded. I'll list my preferences in bold underneath the actual winners.

"Tell Me I Did Not Just See That" Moment of the Year:
-Jim Ross for his dance contest against Michael Cole
- I don't remember the options honestly.. so I guess this works

Holy Sh**t Moment of the Year:
-Big Show and Mark Henry for their ring implosion moment at Vengeance
- my choice was Evan Bourne

Pipe Bomb Moment of the Year:
-CM Punk
- honorable mention should go to R Truth for being so damn funny

Divalicious Moment of the Year:
-Kelly Kelly for her first WWE Divas Title win
-Either Beth Phoenix's Glam Slam from the top rope or Kharma in general... she definitely was about to make Diva's interesting

OMG Moment of the Year:
-Triple H tombstones The Undertaker at WrestleMania
- this was another CM Punk award that was given to HHH simply to announce his return

Trending WWE Star of the Year:
-Zack Ryder
Agreed. he built himself off of this.

Game Changer of the Year:
-The Rock and John Cena announce their WrestleMania 28 match
- This was the wrong choice period. Edge's retirement was the only legitimate option and yet they chose Cena and Rock

WWE A-Lister of the Year:
-Snooki
- Hugh Jackman. He gave Zach Ryder a victory over Dolph
Superstar of the Year:
-CM Punk
-I agree with this one, but I did vote on him

"Tell Me I Did Not Just See That" Moment of the Year:
-Jim Ross for his dance contest against Michael Cole

Holy Sh**t Moment of the Year:
-Big Show and Mark Henry for their ring implosion moment at Vengeance

Pipe Bomb Moment of the Year:
-CM Punk

Divalicious Moment of the Year:
-Kelly Kelly for her first WWE Divas Title win

OMG Moment of the Year:
-Triple H tombstones The Undertaker at WrestleMania

Trending WWE Star of the Year:
-Zack Ryder

Game Changer of the Year:
-The Rock and John Cena announce their WrestleMania 28 match

WWE A-Lister of the Year:
-Snooki

Superstar of the Year:
-CM Punk
huh? but...didnt that happen?

yah good post buddy pick them how they actually happened wow damn good post idiot that must have taken alot of thought

Before this does get closed I have to say you sir are fucking ******ed that's how the slammys happened either you have pronunciation issues or you just don't know what the fuck you are talking about

WTF? Why is there no "match of the year" award?

And the OMG moment of the year is when Triple H tombstones the Undertaker? I can't even remember that happened.

Well that's the question Keehlnate. Why wasn't there a "Match of the Year" in this year's Slammy's. Other "awards shows" have exclusive, annual awards that are consistent. Why can't this follow that pattern rather than re-naming the awards every year.
But if there was a "match of the year" what would you choose?

The only issue I took with the slammy's was superstar of the year. and judging my the people who say they voted for CM punk there is only two options. 1) it was fixed to make sure Punk was reckonized or 2) The fans and WWE are to ignorant to realize what "YEAR" means.

CM punk Did nothing at the Royal Rumble, Nothing at Wrestle mania he didn't even start wrestling again until June where he was in a pointless match Vs Rey then he finally beats Cena with the help of Johnny ace. So all in all Cm Punk won 3 titles in 6 months. So has Cena, so has Orton so has the list goes on that makes him the superstar of the 6 months. I guess it pays to cry like a little bitch

Also, this could just be my impression, but it seems that these awards were used to simply further storylines rather than actually award the wrestlers on their accomplishments.
Can't wait until this guy stumbles onto something that leaves him with a sneaking suspicion that the belts might be props.

You make a good point. My other option, to me, was Randy Orton. The beginning of the year he began a feud with the New Nexus and Punk. He effectively took out each member and then had a great match with Punk at Wrestlemania. Then of course, he went on to hold the title, a good feud with Christian (regardless of how many matches they had). And has maintained his relevance, even without the belt.

The only issue I took with the slammy's was superstar of the year. and judging my the people who say they voted for CM punk there is only two options. 1) it was fixed to make sure Punk was reckonized or 2) The fans and WWE are to ignorant to realize what "YEAR" means.

Oh god..

CM punk Did nothing at the Royal Rumble,

I could of swore that he bulldozed through 10 or so guys with Nexus. :shrug:

Nothing at Wrestle mania

I could of swore that he wrestled the 2nd biggest face of the WWE.

he didn't even start wrestling again until June

???

he finally beats Cena with the help of Johnny ace.

He more or less went over clean here.

So all in all Cm Punk won 3 titles in 6 months. So has Cena, so has Orton so has the list goes on that makes him the superstar of the 6 months.

You are right, they all rightfully deserve to win the award, but why give it to two guys who have already gotten so over?

I guess it pays to cry like a little bitch

I'm assuming you know from experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back