The Undertaker's WrestleMania Opponent "Revealed?"

I would prefer to see him finish his feud with Sheamus if I'm honest. I think I'm one of the few who weren't bothered by Barrett vs. Taker. To me it's quite annoying for them to ignore continuity for the sake of Triple H getting to go out against Taker.

Using the event of last year it get's instant interest and momentum. I'm sure the first thought in most people's minds will be "what about Sheamus?" It's good in one respect because nobody is going to see it coming and those guys are two top dogs rearing for a fight, if it happens to be the case I'm just interested to see how it plays out. I assume taker is returning in the episode of raw in a week and a bit, after elimination chamber so will HHH return then?

I'm confused as to why Triple H should bother with Sheamus again. He lost that feud, it's over, time to move on.

I love the idea of Taker/Trips II. Taker/Trips I (Mania X7) was good if I remember correctly, and it would be a good way for him to go out. I actually see Taker/Trips being a better fit storyline wise then Trips/Sheamus. Trips avenges his best friends retirement, but ultimately gets himself retired.

Norcal and Dave are going to have a shit fit if this is true. Streak vs. Career, you can kiss The Game's career goodbye.

Triple H vs. The Undertaker was the best match on the card at Wrestlemania 17, no reason to think it wouldn't be again.

I'm all for the WWE youth movement, but you have to have a big marquee match to sell the pay per view. Wade Barrett vs. the Undertaker just doesn't do it for me. With HBK out of the business on camera, and Triple H gearing to take over backstage, I'm damn interested to see how this plays out.

This would be an event for the ages if it were to happen, especially if Triple H loses and goes to working backstage.

I can't wait until Trippy takes over backstage, he has such a great mind for the business.

It's refreshing to see everyone using their head, and treating this like a possibility as opposed to fact. Saying things like "if" and "would be" and "I love the idea of.."

Take note, main page.

Unless we get Taker/Cena anything outside of Taker vs Triple H will be a letdown. I was really pulling for this match to happen after Triple H pinned The Undertaker at EC '09 for WM25. We got arguably a better match, but we also got a horrible one too. I have zero interest in Sheamus facing Triple H as it's been done and it wasn't all that attractive and I also have zero interest in Barrett vs Taker as Barrett is nowhere near the caliber HBK was. Since it ain't Sting, who better than HBK's best friend?

I know guys like Shawn Michaels, Triple H and Undertaker have to retire at some point (with Shawn already 11 months into his retirement), but it might just be me but the idea of them not being around anymore is quite hard to take. Triple H is one of those wrestlers I grew up watching. It'll be emotional to see him go if this does indeed happen.

I'm confused as to why Triple H should bother with Sheamus again. He lost that feud, it's over, time to move on.
I'm sure you know what Sheamus did to Triple H to put him on the shelf. If someone almost ended your career wouldn't you go after him when you got better?

I love the idea of Taker/Trips II. Taker/Trips I (Mania X7) was good if I remember correctly, and it would be a good way for him to go out. I actually see Taker/Trips being a better fit storyline wise then Trips/Sheamus. Trips avenges his best friends retirement, but ultimately gets himself retired.
I saw Triple H V Taker 1 and loved it so I wouldn't be upset at all if this happened. I'd rather see him go after Sheamus myself and give him the rub from retiring 'The Game' (If that indeed is what happens this year).

I'm with FunKay...I never really had a problem with Taker v Barrett. But I really am game for anything...as long as its meaningful...and nothing stupid like Ziggler v Taker...

I seem to be in the minority here but I want Triple H V Sheamus & Taker Vs Barrett.

If Taker & Barrett put on a good enough match win or lose Barrett gets a huge rub and if Triple H wants to retire this year Sheamus will sky rocket as the man who does it.

Triple H vs. The Undertaker was the best match on the card at Wrestlemania 17
Completely true except for the fact that it's not true at all.

I'm all for the WWE youth movement, but you have to have a big marquee match to sell the pay per view.
Because Cena vs. Miz isn't going to be absolutely massive?

Come on, guys. I'm saying something nice about Miz. Take the bone.

This doesn't make sense to me, The WWE have already set up Sheamus and Barrett's respective opponents what with Sheamus being named King of the Ring, calling himself King Sheamus and drawing parallel's with Triple H's 2007 Summerslam feud with King Booker. And Barrett and Nexus taking out 'Taker, for a reason that would be revealed at a later date.

Sheamus v Triple H
Taker v Barrett

those are your WM27 matches folks, it's been written for a long time, just like Cena v Miz and Orton v Punk.

Completely true except for the fact that it's not true at all.

Because Cena vs. Miz isn't going to be absolutely massive?

Come on, guys. I'm saying something nice about Miz. Take the bone.

john-cena-vs-the-miz.jpeg

No match will reach the greatness their 2009 Bash encounter had.

If this happens then thank god, sure the WM card is shaping up to be good and all and HHH/Sheamus and Barrett/Taker would be decent individually but really it does seem to be missing that huge match to really make it great, this would be that match.

If this happens then thank god, sure the WM card is shaping up to be good and all and HHH/Sheamus and Barrett/Taker would be decent individually but really it does seem to be missing that huge match to really make it great, this would be that match.

These two work well together, and it could save us from an Undertaker/Wade Barrett flop. Wade just isn't anything special in the ring, and I don't think it would be an entertaining match.

I'm sure you know what Sheamus did to Triple H to put him on the shelf. If someone almost ended your career wouldn't you go after him when you got better?

Personally, I'd hire a hitman to do the job for me. :lmao:

But if this is true, its pretty great for a Wrestlemania main-event. Triple H could either retire or continue onward after this, but him going to Smackdown (if Undertaker isn't sticking on Raw after his return that is) could really boost the place up.

Personally, I'd hire a hitman to do the job for me. :lmao:

But if this is true, its pretty great for a Wrestlemania main-event. Triple H could either retire or continue onward after this, but him going to Smackdown (if Undertaker isn't sticking on Raw after his return that is) could really boost the place up.

IF that's Taker returning on 2/21/11, why would HHH need to move to Smackdown? Seems like it would be much easier to justify leaving both men on Raw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back