• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Undertaker: Favourite WrestleMania Match

What is The Undertakers Best WrestleMania Match?

• WrestleMania 7 - Jimmy Snuka

• WrestleMania XIII- Jake the Snake Roberts

• WrestleMania IX- Giant Gonzalez

• WrestleMania 11- King Kong Bundy

• WrestleMania XII- Diesel

• WrestleMania XIII - Sycho Sid (WWF Title)

• WrestleMania 14 - Kane

• WrestleMania 15 - Big Boss Man (Hell in the Cell)

• WrestleMania X-7: Triple H

• Wrestlemania X-8: Ric Flair

• Wrestlemania XIX: Big Show and A-Train

• Wrestlemania XX - Kane

• Wrestlemania 21 - Randy Orton

• Wrestelmania 22 - Mark Henry (Casket Match)

• Wrestlemania 23 - Batista (World Heavyweight Title)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Agrex

The Canadian Sensation
I know that The Undertaker has been in fifteen 'Mania matches, but there are only ten options on the poll. So I listed his 'Mania matches from the last nine. I gave the "other" option just incase someone believes that one his earlier 'Mania matches was his best.

*Shockmaster Edit

Wrestlemania 7
vs. Jimmy Superfly Snuka

Wrestlemania 8
vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Wrestlemania 9
vs. the Giant Gonzalez

Wrestlemania 11
vs. King Kong Bundy

Wrestlemania 12
vs. Diesel

Wrestlemania 13
vs. Sycho Sid (WWF Title)

WrestleMania XIV
Vs. Kane

WrestleMania XV
Vs. Big Boss Man (Hell In A Cell)

WrestleMania X-Seven
Vs. Triple H

WrestleMania X-8
Vs. Ric Flair (No-DQ Match)

WrestleMania XIX
Vs. Big Show & A-Train (2-1 Handicap Match)

WrestleMania XX
Vs. Kane

WrestleMania 21
Vs. Randy Orton

WrestleMania 22
Vs. Mark Henry (Casket Match)

WrestleMania 23
Vs. Batista

My personal favourite was at WrestleMania 21. This was a pretty decent match, and had me excited throught the entire match. This was a great feud to get Orton over.

There are many more 'Mania matches for 'Taker, so if you believe that the ones I listed aren't his best, explain in your post.

For me it's a tie between 17 and 14. The Kane match was built up so well because it was just so over the top. I was 10 years old at the time so it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. That match is still great, with kane kicking out time after time is just cool to see. The match with HHH was the first time the streak really began to come into play. That match was just an all out brawl, with an, at the time, original ending. Both great matches, and I guess I'll go with the Kane match, just for the feeling that went along with it.

I gotta say his match with HHH was the greatest of all. When he chokeslamed him from the production tower my mouth dropped.

Second, I loved his return as the deadman at WMXX. As soon as the lights went out and I heard Paul Bearers voice it send chills down my spine.

Tied for third was Kane at WM14 and Orton at WM 21. Both had unpredictable finishes and amazing buildups.

Another one that isnt even on the poll was his match vs. Giant Gonzales at WM9. I know that Gonzalez was absolute shit in the ring but as I kid I truly thought he was unstoppable. When taker came back out after he was choked out with the chloroform by the Giant i remember going wild!!

:undertaker2:

kane vs taker at 14. i got into wrestling just after this and watched it and all the build up and it was just so well put together. 3 tombstones was incredible as it showed kane in a favourable light despite getting beat.

I have to make this quick but Mania X8 is on my OnDeman and I must say I am excited to watch Taker vs. Ric Flair again. The suspense probably wasn't as great as other matches but Flair put on a hell of a match with him and I was unbelievably stoked when Double AA busted up Taker with the Spinebuster. It was also the only match (other than Snuka) where he played his short hair cut Red Evil heel which I think was vastly underrated.

My favorite Undertaker WM match is WM12 vs. Diesel. Having Taker come up through the ring in the Diesel vs. Hart cage match, and Diesel opening the casket on RAW only to see himself laying there (much as they did for orton jr. and sr.). that build-up was great imo, taker being jacknifed twice and sitting up both times.

I would have to say the his match vs Orton at WM21 is my all time favorite. Although most of these deserve consideration, I loved the Orton feud and it was one hell of a match. I actaully thought that Orton might end the streak, when he reversed the Choakslam into a RKO, I thought it was over. Of course Taker' kicked out, and ended up winning the match by hitting the tombstone. It was an extremely entertaining match and defineltly my favorite Taker' Mania' match.

my favorite would probably be WM X8 it was my first wrestlemania to watch live and it was two legends going at it and it was the undertakers 10th wrestlemania so it felt kind of special plus he was a heel so people kinda wanted him to lose but win at the same time to keep the streak going!

My favorite match was last year at WM23 against Batista. For being so low on the card, these guys delivered and tore the house down...best match of the night, this should have been in the main event.

Also, some thoughts on X8 against Ric Flair....the buildup to this match was awesome, but they pretty much made Double A and Slick Ric look like a couple of jobbers at the mercy of the Deadman. I can't stand to watch the match, simply because I respect Ric Flair, more than Taker.

Not to take anything away from Taker, because he always delivers, but the Nature Boy got destroyed. One of the true legends in the business, at least give him some offense. There, enough griping...still, it was another feather in the proverbial cap of the Undertaker.

What offense did you expect Flair to get off on the Undertaker. Arn was a retired wrestler I think his role was perfect in the match and I would rather not see a 50 year old man beat the Undertaker from pillar to post. That was the whole concept of the match, Flair new he was outmanned. He did everything he could not to take the match and only until Taker assaulted AA and David did he have no other choice but to try his hand against the dead man. There was never any consideration that Flair had a shot in a straight up one-on-one match with the deadman, which their shouldn't, not in the last ten years anyway.

I voted for WM9 against Gonzalez. Only because that was the wrestlemania I grew up with, My first wrestlemania. Even though looking back on it and seeing that it was a pretty horrible match, it still gives me a nostalgistic feeling every time I watch it.

WrestleMania XV - it was the first one I owned on Video and I loved the PPV. I still thought it was real at that point (I was 9) so when Bossman got hung I thought he was dead then and there.

The match was average but it is still my favourite.

I have to go with last years match with Batista. It was a great match between the two and the Undertaker may have helped Batista deliver his best match (along with the Last Man Standing at Backlash). It really looked like Batista had a chance of winning, but the Undertaker eventually won. Runner up would have to be vs. Orton at WM 21.

I say either vs orton because that match was great when orton hit the rko you thought it was over but taker kicked out and tombstoned him or the vs the game it was a brawl a dencet match

I know I am going to get negative feedback, but to me, its WM XX with Kane, being that it was the first(and so far only) PPV i EVER ordered. The build-up, though not the most creative, was still really cool to watch Raw every week to see what type of "unexplainable" event occurs. The ring being shooken, or the "taker" simbols lit on fire really was fun to watch. Also, to see the DEADMAN return in this "hybrid" persona was just really fun to watch. Also, to see Paul Bearer return just sealed the deal. He is one of my favorite managers(sorry to go off topic there). Though it wasn't one of the best "wrestling matches", it had fun promos and allowed the fans to see the "real" undertaker in the 21st century.

I'd have to go with The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton. This BARELY passes the Flair match, but does so since I feel the Flair/Taker bout went much longer than necessary, even though it was still great.

What made the Orton/Taker match so good to me was that I was 100% certain that there was no way in hell Orton was going to be able to end Taker's streak, but while I was watching it live, there were times in the match where I really thought Orton was about to win the fucking thing. Those two did a great job that night with their false finishes. That's how pro wrestling matches are suppose to go.

Taker vs. Orton at WM21 was fantastic.

Honestly, Takers Mania matches are some of his most boring (Psycho Sid bear hug, anyone?), but Orton vs. Taker had me into it the whole way through. I saw the match live at Staples Center and wasn't expecting much from the match up other than to see Taker in person. The Money in the Bank match had already tore down the house earlier that evening and the Kurt Angle v. Shawn Michaels clinic was still to come.

Yet if I had to pick one stand out moment of the night, it was definitely the chokeslam reversed into the RKO. Everyone in the arena was on their feet and I seriously thought the streak could end right there.

14 against Kane. The build up was amazing and the match just had so many "WOW!" moments. Getting up from a piledriver just wasn't supposed to happen in those days, so when Kane did it TWICE, I was just glued to the Tv, i didn't even blink :p

Is it true that Kane was originally supposed to win but said no out of respect...?

Ill start with the two BEST matches, then mover to my favorite...

WM X-7 Vs Triple H

The match is generally revered as great, and with very could reason. It was fuckin incredible, gripping, and you didnt know who would win til the last second. Great outside the ring action, with the big choke slam off the staging, and when Trips whack Taker with the hammer during the last ride, it was a jaw dropping edge of your seat moment.

WM 21, Vs Randy Orton
probably the MOST scary match, in regards to Taker possibly losing, that there has been. Orton had been built up very strongly, and when he reversed the chokeslam into the RKO, I thought it was OVER. And when Bob Orton interfered, I thought it was OVER. Awesome drama throughout, and probably the coolest Undertaker entrance of all time, as he "floated" to the ring.

My favorite
WM 8, Vs Jake "The Snake" Roberts

YEA I SAID IT. I love this match for everything it is. Jake being dominated, and selling his ass off. The young, agile, cat quick Undertaker with great array of offense. And possibly best of all, the utterly hilarious commentary of Bobby Heenan. No one calls a UT match like Heenan. Very underrated match IMO, a very entertaining match for how slow it went. Awesome phsycology, and extremely entertaining all around. Love it. One of my favorite WM matches overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back