The ugly side of Pro Wrestling

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
In a Japanese women's promotion called Stardom at their most recent event the main event turned into a legit shoot fight with one of those involved directly trying to injure her opponent.

Link to the Photos here [warning not for the faint hearted]

This is abominable within the modern pro wrestling industry that this could happen. YOSHIKO going directly after Act Yasukawa's recently surgically repaired eye. The photos are just out right disturbing for a pro wrestling match.

YOSHIKO has also been forced to resign(read fired), stripped of the title. And I hope never works in a wrestling ring again. Pro Wrestling doesn't need that barbarism.

Act Yasukawa as a result of this assault suffered a broken orbital bone, nose and cheek.

This English interview with Act Yaskukawa (Link) also gives a degree of background to her and just how tragic her life has been, this could possibly end her career which is just wrong for someone with such a passion for pro wrestling, (she apparently was saying that she was a pro wrestler and wanted to finish the match).

this is from a thread on Wreddit about it which is where I found out about this in the first place.

She just updated her blog and twitter and is both cheerful and apologetic for "letting her fans down" and asks not to think badly of Stardom and its wrestlers for the incident. She says she will come back stronger than ever. Her eyes were both completely swollen shut so her mom had to type out her blog post for her. She is totally blind right now and based on her past history, its unclear if she will ever have sight in her right eye again.

You know what legit got me to tear up?

When they were taking Act Yaskukawa away, she kept shouting that she was a pro wrestler and that she wanted to finish the match.

Yeah... shoots like this are uncalled for. This isn't the age of double crosses and shoots anymore. Even decades ago when it was, unnecessary violence would often lead to suspensions.

I feel for the girl. And it's admirable that as a performer she didn't let her bad eyesight be a detriment in the past, and instead rolled with it. And she's still determined to continue despite injury.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back