The UFC signs big time hack....

jmt225

Global Moderator
Phil Baroni has verbally agreed to a contract with the UFC, according to a source close to the fighter. The veteran welterweight’s potential signing will undoubtedly raise a few eyebrows as well as shed some light on the brewing feud between the UFC and rival promotion Strikeforce.

According to an MMAJunkie.com report, the UFC has also signed Dennis Hallman, another former Strikeforce fighter. A source close to the UFC intimated more signings might be on the horizon as fighters complete their Strikeforce contracts.

Strikeforce matchmaker Bob Cook confirmed to Sherdog.com that Baroni was released from his Strikeforce contract in the past few days and would be free to sign with another promotion.

Baroni (13-11) dropped a unanimous decision to Joe Riggs in St. Louis in June. He had won three bouts in a row before the loss.

................................​

Okay, what the fuck? The UFC constantly claims to only be interested in the best fighters in the World, and then they sign someone as big of a joke as Phil fucking Baroni? This guy is ten times worse than someone like Kimbo Slice. Not only does Baroni suck complete ass, but the douchebag is obviously on steroids as well. Seriously, what was the point in signing this clown? Can he beat ANYONE at in the UFC's Welterweight Division? I don't think so, do you? Are there any fights you would like to see from this joker? If so, who, and more importantly, why in the hell so?

Fuck Baroni. What a joke.

You know what's real bullshit? They cut Thales Leites, a man who one fight ago was main eventing and billed as a actual contender to Anderson's belt, is now cut. And who do they bring in after cutting Thales? Baroni, it's pretty laughable really. I have nothing against Baroni, but I highly doubt he will have a successful run in the UFC this time around. He can have some nice fight of the nights fight with someone like Chris Lytle who likes to stand and bang, but I can't imagine Baroni going on a winning streak or anything. My only wish is that they have a Baroni Vs. Serra match up. Oh man, that fight would have some of the greatest shit talking ever leading up to the fight. The shit talking alone would be worth, damn I hope it happens.

You know what's real bullshit? They cut Thales Leites, a man who one fight ago was main eventing and billed as a actual contender to Anderson's belt, is now cut.

Eh, I don't really mind they cut him. I mean, I don't wish for anyone to get fired (well, except Baroni), but really.... the guy had nothing to offer in the UFC. Besides, the best, most entertaining match-ups for him are in DREAM anyway, so I'd much rather see him there, then rotting away in Prelim hell for the next couple of years.

My only wish is that they have a Baroni Vs. Serra match up. Oh man, that fight would have some of the greatest shit talking ever leading up to the fight. The shit talking alone would be worth, damn I hope it happens.

I also wish to see that, but not because of the shit talking, as Barnoi is terrible at it and I want to see that fucker get sniper down every time he opens his ******ed mouth, but because I would absolutely LOVE to see Serra kick that hack's ass.

But, I think there are bigger and better things awaiting Serra. Let Barnoi lose to no names on the undercard for UFC Fight Nights and what not.

Eh, I don't really mind they cut him. I mean, I don't wish for anyone to get fired (well, except Baroni), but really.... the guy had nothing to offer in the UFC. Besides, the best, most entertaining match-ups for him are in DREAM anyway, so I'd much rather see him there, then rotting away in Prelim hell for the next couple of years.
While I do agree there are more interesting match ups for him outside the UFC, it just bothers me that they cut him after only one fight ago he was on the main event. They basically threw Thales to the wolves in that title match, when he obviously wasn't ready for it nor earned it, and now they cut him. For what? Baroni?
I also wish to see that, but not because of the shit talking, as Barnoi is terrible at it and I want to see that fucker get sniper down every time he opens his ******ed mouth, but because I would absolutely LOVE to see Serra kick that hack's ass.
Baroni like Serra has a heavy New York accent, which would make the shit talking great alone. Wouldn't matter what Baroni says, his accent alone fighting with Serra's would be entertaining. And the worse your shit talking is when you're fighting Serra the better. Serra is a witty fuck, so he'll have great comebacks for horrible shit talking.
But, I think there are bigger and better things awaiting Serra. Let Barnoi lose to no names on the undercard for UFC Fight Nights and what not.
I like Serra and all, but he's lost his last two fights. I really don't think the UFC thinks Serra is above fighting Baroni at this point.

While I do agree there are more interesting match ups for him outside the UFC, it just bothers me that they cut him after only one fight ago he was on the main event. They basically threw Thales to the wolves in that title match, when he obviously wasn't ready for it nor earned it, and now they cut him. For what? Baroni?

I see where you're coming from here. But playing Devil's advocate, Leites' last two performances were absolutely horrible and had the crowd booing non-stop. If you're the UFC, I can see why you don't want a fighter like that on your roster.

Baroni like Serra has a heavy New York accent, which would make the shit talking great alone. Wouldn't matter what Baroni says, his accent alone fighting with Serra's would be entertaining. And the worse your shit talking is when you're fighting Serra the better. Serra is a witty fuck, so he'll have great comebacks for horrible shit talking.

Fair enough.

I like Serra and all, but he's lost his last two fights. I really don't think the UFC thinks Serra is above fighting Baroni at this point.

But look who his last two fights were against, GSP and Matt Hughes. Plus, it's not like he got dominated by Hughes either. I saw a lot of people on the 'net give that decision to Serra. Plus, Serra is a really good friend of Dana's, so I'm sure there's something good lined up for him. If it's Baroni, then I guess that's fine. Hell, maybe the only reason they signed Baroni was to give Serra a name to beat since there's history there (Serra's protege Pete Sell laid down an ass whoppin' on Baroni years ago). So, yeah, you convinced me Marquis. Let Baroni have that one fight, get his ass kicked, and then bump him down to the Fight Night undercards, or release the cunt.

I see where you're coming from here. But playing Devil's advocate, Leites' last two performances were absolutely horrible and had the crowd booing non-stop. If you're the UFC, I can see why you don't want a fighter like that on your roster.
The Anderson fight was horrible from both parties. Both wanted to stay in their comfort zone, I see no reason to blame Thales only. His fight with Sakara was the same thing, from what I hear both did very little engaging. The UFC threw him into the main event, and cut him a fight later. It doesn't matter if you don't want him on your roster, what matters is how bad that makes the UFC's contenders look if they go from main card, to under card fighting Sakara, then cut.
But look who his last two fights were against, GSP and Matt Hughes. Plus, it's not like he got dominated by Hughes either. I saw a lot of people on the 'net give that decision to Serra. Plus, Serra is a really good friend of Dana's, so I'm sure there's something good lined up for him. If it's Baroni, then I guess that's fine. Hell, maybe the only reason they signed Baroni was to give Serra a name to beat since there's history there (Serra's protege Pete Sell laid down an ass whoppin' on Baroni years ago). So, yeah, you convinced me Marquis. Let Baroni have that one fight, get his ass kicked, and then bump him down to the Fight Night undercards, or release the cunt.
Exactly he lost to top competition, twice in a row. You think they're gonna throw him top competition again after being 0-2 in recent years against them? Of course not, the UFC likes Serra. So they'll give him a tune up fight or can so they can keep him around. Baroni fits the description. And it's great to hear they have history, makes this fight more likely.

I did not know this signing had happened........god it makes me sick. Dana always says he wants the best fighters in the world right? So why the hell would he go out and hire Phil Baroni. Thats money down the toilet that he could have thrown at someone like Babalu or even better Nick Diaz who would actually add something to their respective weight divisions. I really hope Baroni just gets fed to the sharks like Trigg, Hughes, Koscheck and Fitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back