• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The TR00 KVLT Black Metal Thread

Remy LaCroix

Lou Thesz' Favorite Son
In this thread we will discuss all that is black metal, from the standard Mayhem, Burzum, etc. to the "hipster" band Wolves in the Throne Room and such, to local band shows and tours and whatnot.

Post song videos of different black metal bands (local bands too!) to introduce new bands to the masses and share the love! Sure it's contradicting to the black metal ideology (so to speak) 'cause mainstream/ANY exposure is a big no-no and not tr00 or kvlt to black metal super elitists. Take this clip from an episode of Metalocalypse as an example:

[YOUTUBE]pcwGlGBK70w[/YOUTUBE]
^^^ LOL Toki.

------------------------------------------------​

This thread doesn't have to be kosher, black metal can be mixed with death, trash, folk, punk and any other genre; make sure it's not another genre with hints of this one 'cause that would belong in a different thread for whatever sound is more prominent. The last two videos in this post will demonstrate what I mean.

Anyways, keep this thread clean and post all videos inside a spoiler tag. Follow my example if you can: artist name - song title - genre/sub-genre/micro-genre/whatever-genre, a little detail and the location of the band. I use last.fm as a source of labeling bands to better serve the community looking for a particular sound.

Cry of Silence - In My Dreams - DSBM, I guess. They're from Greece.

[YOUTUBE]Bthl56vwZp4[/YOUTUBE]

Gestapo 666 - Scriptures of Our Black Melancholy - Way too raw to label as anything other than black metal in my book! They're from France.

[YOUTUBE]AumGQXz5vUw[/YOUTUBE]

Velvet Cacoon - Winterglow - Ambient/atmospheric black metal? Their material also falls under dark ambient, but that's a sub-genre for another time. They're from Oregon.

[YOUTUBE]QIGuIplDfKw&[/YOUTUBE]

The Forest of Suicides - Suicidal Possession - Local band, just spreading the word.

[YOUTUBE]9V74iZiaw6I[/YOUTUBE]

Belphegor - Blackest Ecstasy - Black/death metal from Austria.

[YOUTUBE]486oyKASFXU[/YOUTUBE]

Lifelover - I Love (To Hurt) You - Black metal band mixed with post-punk and are labeled "depressive rock" in last.fm. Never looked into that term, but whatever. Oh, and they're from Sweden.

[YOUTUBE]I-m4oSPBDTE[/YOUTUBE]

And... POST AND DISCUSS!

P.S. There is a two video maximum to every post in this thread. Sure I went overboard, but I'm the thread starter and don't want a thread full of 'em.

To mods who are thinking about merging this thread with the other abomination (my word in jest): I made this thread 'cause the "metalhead" one is convoluted and I believe it's better to have a thread dedicated to an already experimental music genre that has been influenced by others such as thrash, doom, noise and, hell, even shoegaze! Better than requesting a music cleansing. And I hate the term metalhead.

Only Black Metal band I can listen to is Dimmu Borgir as Black Metal isn't really my thing. Also, I was at a FFDP concert and God Forbid was there and they were selling tee-shirts stating they were the kings of Black Metal so if this is true then I include them. Also, old Lamb of God/Burn the Priest was considered Black Metal/Metal so them I like them too.

Never heard of any of them bands that you posted either but will listen to them since they're here. Also, I don't know how to post a video STILL. :(

...God Forbid was there and they were selling tee-shirts stating they were the kings of Black Metal so if this is true then I include them. Also, old Lamb of God/Burn the Priest was considered Black Metal/Metal so them I like them too...

I think the God Forbid thing was supposed to be satire, because they are actually black musicians who play metal and not Black Metal, not by a long shot. and Lamb of God, REALLY?

Also what the hell is FFDP?

I think the God Forbid thing was supposed to be satire, because they are actually black musicians who play metal and not Black Metal, not by a long shot. and Lamb of God, REALLY?

Also what the hell is FFDP?

Yeah, old Lmab of God/Burn the Priest is considered to be Black Metal/Metal. An not every member of God Forbid is black only two are. And FFDP is short for Five Finger Death Punch.

Anything else?

Considered to be Black Metal by who exactly?

I've met people before who claim to be into Black Metal, who then ramble on about bands like Nightwish or My Dying Bride. I'm sure those are the same people who consider Lamb of God to be Black Metal as well.

You said yourself the only band you really know of is Dimmu Borgir, who outgrew the constrictions of the genre like a decade ago. Around the same time you were born I'd imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back