• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Thursday Night Wars... Just a thought

CuddleBuns84

The Wrestling Sex Machine
I was remembering the original Monday Night Wars. It's going to be ten years coming up in March, since the end of the great entity that brought in so many fans, and created so many stars.

TNA tried to rebuild in 2010, and it crashed and failed. They had to move back to Thursday, and the war, was just a quick memory that no one really cared about.

Something really needs to kick start the wrestling industry. Make it a bigger draw. Competition always helps.

So my theory as I present it to most of the readers is...

Ring of Honor is looking to expand without a television outlet. So many networks such as MYTV, VS, even FSN, reach a good demographic, and if you look at their Thursday Night schedule, not much there.

What if Ring of Honor, got a Thursday night timeslot, to go toe to toe with TNA? Would this be something the wrestling industry really could benefit from?

In my theory, at first TNA would do decent in ratings, then they would do something that would make wrestling fans switch to ROH, and create a decent competition between the two promotions.

Not also that, but it help build stars for the wrestling world. Not just be created in WWE brainstorming. I remember in many interviews with Jericho and Austin on how going from different promotions helped build their trade, and helped them become megastars in the WWE, without using their developmental program.

So, like I asked before. What do you guys think if ROH want toe to toe with TNA? How and Why would this affect the wrestling world? Not also that, could this create stars for the industry?

Can't wait to hear the feedback and viewpoints from others.

I personally would love if a free tv channel was to pick up ROH. i havent ever seen it but i hear the wrestling is amazing. Plus it would force both of them to step up their game as well wwe. So the 3 largest companies get better and or bigger. this would support the trade. some may wonder why wwe would need to step up. If TNa and ROh had 2 million veiwers, would those people really want to watch WWE? they got their fix for the week will they need WWE? Will seeing the other possibilities make people see WWe's flaws? WWE would need to find a way to keep all of their viewers. All 3 companies would be much better. So yea ROH should go toe to toe with TNA.

Well, I think two things would need to happen.

A. Ring of Honor would have to get new management. By this, I mean, you fire Delirious as your head booker, and your need to bring in a big name. Like, I'm confused on why Jim Cornette is not the ROH's head booker to begin with. If you can bring compelling storylines to the table along with making well with your talent that you've been pissing off recently, ie. Austin Aries. They have a chance to get a new time slot, possibly on free TV. Also, if they were to get a timeslot, they need a really good production manager because ROH on HDNET always looked like shit to me, and I could never completely take is seriously. But, that's just one mans opinion.

B. TNA would have to step up their game. ROH is all about YOUNG, TALENTED, EXCITING. TNA is all about HOGAN, HARDYS, THEY. Now, for the record i'm not hating on TNA, I just would have to find that they need to figure something to compete against that, because even without any competition except WWE Superstars, ( :rolleyes: ) they still have crappy ratings. Last time I checked that's bad for business.

All in all, I'd love to see this happen, because I feel like it would be interesting, it probably won't for a while, if at all. I can't see ROH getting a decent free TV deal unless it's on FSN and as much as that may be better, their production of TNA was crap, so I don't know how it would be much different for ROH.

I think it would definitely put TNA on their heels, as they would lose some viewers. I think eventually TNA would come out and remain on top.

I do not think this would really benefit ROH. They would have a lot to keep up with, and this type of competition would really benefit TNA. TNA would be able to swerve away any ROH competitor that they desired.

I love ROH, but they have come too far to risk losing it all. ROH is not ready for this.

As far as TNA is concerned, they would be competing in the wrong direction. They should be in a position to wage war with the top dog, the WWE. A ratings war with ROH would solidify them as a second rate show.

I would rather see Smackdown move to Thursdays and go head to head with TNA.

Overall, everyone in this thread have good viewpoints, they make a lot of sense.

One of my opinions on the subject is that, ROH could came away smelling like roses if this ever transpired.

The reason why, is because a lot of guys might believe that they can get more ring time in ROH, to where in TNA they would have to join some stable to get that ring time, and television time.

I still think it would be great for both parties, because it would make them focus more on their product, instead of trying to be the alternative to the WWE.

YAY! I've given two posts in my thread... Guys have a good one.

That would be cool to see ROH on free television but I don't think the Thursday Night War thing would occurr. Mainly you have to think, if ROH is just starting out on Television they are going to want ratings and they will get less ratings because people will be watching TNA. They don't need competition like that whenever they just came up on the network. TNA is a bigger company and would get more ratings because it has more exposure than ROH and ROH knows that and wouldn't want to try and start any ratings war. This wouldn't help the pro wrestling at all. However like I said, it would be cool to see ROH get some kind of television deal just not on Thursday nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back