The Team of Cole and Mathews

After a full season of watching these two, what are your thoughts on the pairing of Michael Cole and Josh Mathews?

Out of the three announce teams in the WWE (King and Cole, Striker and Grisham, and Cole and Mathews), I think this team is my favorite to watch. A heel Michael Cole is great and Josh Mathews is the perfect foil for him. They have great chemistry and some of their conversations are really funny. Maybe its because NXT is the third tier show and the less watched of the three, but it seems they are more...loose in their conversation and I feel that it makes them the most entertaining of the three pairs.

What do you think about the pairing? On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the best, how would you rate their work?

I 100% agree with you. Normally I mute my TV and call up a few friends while watching WWE because the commentary is so horrible. But I actually listen to Cole and Matthews. These two are really fun to listen to and make me forget about the atrocity they call Husky Harris. I'd give them an 9/10, only because no commentary duo will EVER beat Good Ol' J.R. and the King.

I really like these two together. They have good chemsitry and I`ve liked Cole playing the heel on NXT. I also agree that they seem slightly more loose and relaxed and maybe that does have something to do with NXT not having as big an audience. Whatever the reason I enjoy listeing to them on commentary.

I can't give this show a perfect 10. But I quite like how the commentating, and hosting duties are set up right now. I think Mathews and Cole make a good pair for this little show right now. Then you add Striker as host with his little quips to explain/demonstrate certain challenges, and watch his facial expressions, I think these 3 are good as gold for this show.

Those 3 guys they are doing the best in getting the crowd pumped with this recycled gimmick. I know they know that the crowd doesn't seem to be as into it anymore as judging by reaction to the applause for certain 'rookie challenges' and I can't fault them for that. Granted, Cole seems to be more entertaining on this show than he is on Raw for whatever reason, whether its better chemistry with Mathews, or if he just gets off on playing the heel more, who knows, but I think this pairing should be something that creative may want to consider in the long run if King ever decides to call it quits, and with the seemingly lackluster crowd enthusiasm for NXT at some of the live events lately.

Indeed, I love when a good heel(which surprisingly is Michaels Cole) is put with a face. Josh Matthew is a commentator, I've never had any complaints about. These two bickering is very entertaining and reminds me of JBL and Cole( My favorite announce duo)

Cole and Josh get a 7.8/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back