• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Song that got you into... Megadeth

Gunnar

Dark Match Winner
Alright, i've seen plenty of these posts about different bands, but I didn't see one for Megadeth,

Megadeth, for those of you who don't know, was formed by Dave Mustaine, who helped found Metallica, and helped write their first album, Kill Em' All, and a few songs since then, but Megadeth is a great metal band, it's a bit different than Metallica, but anyone who likes Metallica's older stuff needs to take a look at Megadeth

Now onto the songs, my favorite songs from Megadeth, and the 2 that got me involved, were Hangar 18 and A Tout Le Monde.

[YOUTUBE]4tzWc3Xl4B0[/YOUTUBE]
Hangar 18

[YOUTUBE]aU-dKoFZT0A[/YOUTUBE]
A Tout Le Monde

[YOUTUBE]hyWJCd1GYhw[/YOUTUBE]

Symphony Of Destruction

This is definitely the song that got me interested in Megadeth. I first heard a remix version of it one on of the Smackdown vs Raw games (I forget which one), but didn't really think it was anything special.

Then, I was on holiday with my family in Malta and was playing pool in a bar with an awesome jukebox, when someone put the regular version of "Symphony Of Destruction" on. I immediately loved the riff, and sort of knew I had heard it somewhere before. After checking what it was called and realising where I knew the riff from I added it to my download list and got it when I arrived back in England.

I am still not a huge Megadeth fan, some of their stuff is good but alot is not memorable. Dave Mustaine is extremely lacking in vocal talent too, but I feel they are a band I should give more of a chance to. I have recently borrowed their Greatest Hits set from a friend (which only had a live version of "Symphony?! WTF?!) and haven't been that impressed so far. "Trust" is great, there are a few other good tracks but alot of garbage.

However, "Symphony Of Destruction" will always be a classic metal anthem.

[youtube]R8g-lugXGBQ[/youtube]​

I've always liked a little bit of melodies in my Metal, and Mustaine proved to be really really good with that when he wanted to. "Countdown to Extinction", off of the album with the same name, is probably the track that hooked me into Megadeth. Once he broke away from just trying to be more metal than Metallica and just doing his own thing I feel he really started making some amazing shit. This track features some hauntingly subtle guitar riffs and a breakdown that sends shivers down my spine each and every damn time.

Megadeth was a band that always had interested me, I was a fan of Metallica and the whole Metallica/Mustaine story was really interesting so I decided to check out Megadeth. I typed in the name of one of their albums (Rust In Peace) and found this

[YOUTUBE]3hVqpjZ8qWM[/YOUTUBE]

I love the drums on it, they're so fast, yet melodic, I also love the guitar and Mustaine's lyrics talking about nuclear war are great.

I then went on to listen to this

[YOUTUBE]9d4ui9q7eDM[/YOUTUBE]

Again the drums and guitar really stand out and the lyrics about religious wars is really eye opening (and doing it in a kick ass way)

I think that Rust in Peace is Megadeth's best album, Rust in Peace, Holy Wars, Hangar 18, Dawn Patrol, Tornado of Souls, I mean every Megadeth show they play those, I mean Skin O' my Teeth and Symphony and Countdown and Foreclosure of a Dream are all good. Megadeth is just an amazing band, and their songs are all amazing (except for Risk)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back