• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Song that got you into...DMX

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
Sorry i forgot to do this yesterday, I was very busy all day and didn't realize that i forgot this until 2am.

[youtube]9huSNZtCur4[/youtube]​

The first time I heard this i was in 7th grade and i was in home room of all places. You'd think that you wouldn't be able to listen to a sing like this in school of all places but myn home room teacher was cool. Me and some friends asked if we could listen to this and she said yes. When my firend put this into the computer I couldn't help but think 'Holy Shit' this is pretty cool. Eminem may be the first Rapper I ever heard but DMX is the first Gangsta(ish) rapper i heard and while I'm as white as a Ghost DMX is one of my favorites.​

It's going to be Ruff Rhyders Anthem for me as well and probably most people who post in here. Again, not his best song or my favorite from him but it was his first song off of his first album and it is very good. It's got those raw lyrics that just draw you in and this was definitely the first song that got me into DMX.

The song that got me into DMX was "Party Up". They used to play it at my middle school during athletics. I also remember hearing it at parties and dances a few times later on. I like a lot of DMX songs but "Party Up" will always be my favorite of his. It got me into him because after hearing it in athletics I liked it and I decided to go check out his other songs, the rest is history.

[YOUTUBE]OtNK7F_V2DM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]MHl2OzgPlgA[/YOUTUBE]

I first heard DMX through "We Right Here" which is still my favourite song of his to this day. It is a proper cruising rap tune, and DMX's voice is perfect for this style of music.

I remember seeing the video on TV once and then forgetting what it was called, before hearing someone play it in their car about 3 years later and asking them what the name of the track was. Since then I have picked up 4 DMX albums, the 1 featuring this song "The Great Depression" is the best IMO, and have been to see him in concert.

We Riiiiiight Here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back