The Social Club (Q & A)

A pole on a pole match. Like actually a Polish person from Poland who has crossed the family. He's tied to a pole but you have to polish the pole clean in order for the Pole to go down the Pole.

So polish the pole to bring the Polish Pole down the pole.

A pole on a pole match. Like actually a Polish person from Poland who has crossed the family. He's tied to a pole but you have to polish the pole clean in order for the Pole to go down the Pole.

So polish the pole to bring the Polish Pole down the pole.

:lmao:

Figured I'd try this again but I am interested in being in a long term tag team. I think it would help me grow as an RPer as well as be a lot of fun.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

I just came across a thread called - One less thing i can be made fun of for.

Even though it's 5 years old, I shake my head in your general direction. lol.

so I was reading Showtime's feedback and something stuck out
Showtime's feedback said:
Tony’s one dimensional, he’s a tough guy. He’s not funny, he’s uncaring. He doesn’t talk long enough for me to care what he says.
I thought about and he's right. My only problem is everything I can think of involves turning Tony to at least Tweener (maybe face) which would screw up pretty much everything on the table for Tony.

anyone I can bounce ideas off of would be appreciated.

Anger is an emotion. Tony got angry when he saw his parents house blown up. I'd say maybe completely erase the part with the FBI agent and have a longer build towards the explosion. Make the entire RP about the tragic moment, then end it with five officers holding back a screaming, crying Tony. The event was triggered initially (In my understanding) to change the character due to a traumatic event. Now it's up to Frank N Stein to show what happens with this character in future RPs. What he has planned will definitely add layers but again, it's up to Frank N Stein to execute his idea.

You both must think I don't have the brains God gave a gnat if you think that's helpful.

I have had ideas that will have him show emotion. I've had this idea for a while actually. Problem is it's for a face turn which would fuck up everything planned right now.

I don't want him to be a heel that shows emotion, especially after what happened in my last RP. All this added together means I'm really at a loss as to what to do for the short term.

Edit: Not you Jeff

Anger is an emotion. Tony got angry when he saw his parents house blown up. I'd say maybe completely erase the part with the FBI agent and have a longer build towards the explosion. Make the entire RP about the tragic moment, then end it with five officers holding back a screaming, crying Tony. The event was triggered initially (In my understanding) to change the character due to a traumatic event. Now it's up to Frank N Stein to show what happens with this character in future RPs. What he has planned will definitely add layers but again, it's up to Frank N Stein to execute his idea.
Thank you Jeff.

Looking back that is what should have happened, emotions have their place even for people who don't usually show any. Gotta work with what I got though and I have an idea that hopefully work for the roulette rounds after All-Stars.

Let me know if you want me to I can send you my idea like I've done everything else:p (seriously thanks for being my sounding board, it has helped me)

The thing is that where parents are concerned, your Alignment doesn't matter. Almost every person would be shattered if his/her parents died in an unfortunate accident.

Plus as I have said before, it was too soon.

The thing is that where parents are concerned, your Alignment doesn't matter. Almost every person would be shattered if his/her parents died in an unfortunate accident.
You are 100% correct. I didn't think of it though. My thought process was "This is what I want to convey and this is how I'm gonna do it." I was wrong.
Plus as I have said before, it was too soon.
This is where we disagree. PPV RPs need something big to separate it from a Meltdown or Ascension RP. While I messed up my execution this RP sets things in motion that won't come to fruition until Kingdom Come.

Agreed. But this "big" wasn't the right choice for this PPV. It felt too rushed. And now you have only 1 credible NPC.

To be honest I don't agree it was rushed. It was executed poorly which gives that sense.

I would have held this to LL where a big character development like this would have more impact.

To be honest I don't agree it was rushed. It was executed poorly which gives that sense.

I would have held this to LL where a big character development like this would have more impact.
Rushed in the sense that Tony had 3 credible NPCs at that point and two died leaving just one. I would have preferred building 1 or 2 more NPCs before making this happen.

You can be a sussesful RPer with no NPCs. I use official NPCs, but outside of that I haven't had a personal NPC in a long time. Killjoy uses Grandpa Tastic from time to time, but his usage has declined. Tasty usually uses official NPCs and no one else. So between the three guys in the main event of Unscripted you essentially have one full time NPC.

NPCs have their uses sure, but they can be a crutch. Especially for low card characters. Before working on fleshing out NPCs, it's best to flesh out your actual character first. Once you have a grasp on writing your own character, then focus on NPCs.

I will never understand why people bring in new characters and add in three or four NPCs to the mix.

Rushed in the sense that Tony had 3 credible NPCs at that point and two died leaving just one. I would have preferred building 1 or 2 more NPCs before making this happen.

He should have built up to the death rather rushing to get to the point.

Killing off his NPCs should have been a longer story than that.

To be fair I think he appreciates that.

Looking back there are about a dozen different ways I should have done it to get the impact I wanted.

Those are just 2 of them.

Antique Book Collection (updated 7-22-16) said:
1) Gulliver's Travels by Johnathan Swift: 1866-1920 (96-150 years old)

2) The High King by Lloyd Alexander: 1968 (48 years old)

3&4) Brothers Grimm/Hans Christian Andersen Fairy Tales 2 book set: 1935 (81 years old)

5) The Magic of Xanth 3 book collection: 1979 (37 years old)

6) The Last Apostle by Mother Mary Eleanor: 1956 (60 years old)

7) Green Margins by E.P. O'Donnell: 1936 (80 years old)

8) The Chain by Paul I. Wellman: 1949 (67 years old)

9) Arch of Triumph by Erich Maria Remarque 1945 (71 years old)

10) Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi: 1932 (84 years old)

11) Hoyle's Complete & Authoritative Book of Games signed by Edmund Hoyle: 1940 (76 years old)

12) By Order of the King by Victor Hugo: 1920-1925 (91-96 years old)

13) The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart: 1970 (46 years old)

14) Starting Over by Dan Wakefield: 1972 (44 years old)

15) Avalon by Anya Seton: 1965 (51 years old)

16) Eight great comedies by various authors: 1961 (55 years old)

17) No dust in the attic by Anthony Gilbert: 1963 (53 years old)

18) Magnificent destiny by Paul I. Wellman: 1952 (64 years old)

19) Black Beauty by Anna Sewell: 1910 (106 years old)

20) An evening with Longfellow by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow: 1927 (89 years old)

21) Black Rock by Ralph Connor [Misprint]: 1923 (93 years old)

22) Swinton's Language Primer Beginners Lesson in Speaking and Writing English: 1890 (126 years old)

23) The Unicorn & Other Poems by Anne Morrow Lindbergh: 1972 (44 years old)

24) Liquor and Anti-liquor in Virginia, 1619-1919 by C.C. Pearson & J. Edwin Hendricks: 1967 (49 years old)

25) Beautiful Joe (Modern Abridged Version) by Marshall Saunders: 1965 (51 years old)

26) Ripley's Big Book Believe it or Not! by Robert Ripley: 1934 (82 years old)

27) The Three Brothers by Eden Phillpotts: 1909 (107 years old)

28) The Good Housekeeping Needlecraft Encyclopedia Edited by Alice Carroll: 1947 (69 years old)

29) 1st Edition copy of Lady Jane by Mrs. C.V. Jamison: 1909 (107 years old)

30) St. Peter's Guild Cookbook by various people: 1924 (92 years old)

31) Le Comédie Humaine Scenes from a Courtesan's life & The Government Clerks part 2 of 2 by Honoré de Balzac: 1901 (115 years old)
For those that don't check out the writing gallery I collect Antique & Vintage books. All of these I've gotten from my local antique stores.

I also collect Magic The Gathering cards and have since High school. I gave 3 Giant binders full of cards for trade as well as 9 decks I've made or tweaked over the years.

I'm also a Gamefly member so I'll be talking about what ever games I've got from them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back