• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The SmackDown creative syle.

WWE*FAN*CB

Dark Match Jobber
I think anyone can tell the difference between the way Monday Night RAW is written and the way Friday Night SmackDown is written. RAW focuses more on the entertainment aspect and SD focuses more on the Wrestling syle. You can clearly see that there are more backstage segments on RAW and not as many on SmackDown. Im all for the backstage segments but not if its the Hornswoggle comedy crap that somehow Vince and Brian Gerwitz think is funny. Michael Hayes cleary puts on a great wrestling show and is able to produce quality shows week after week and rarley a bad one. However on RAW, you never know what your gonna get from week to week.

What are some things you guys would do to RAW to make it more like SmackDown?

1) Get an actual GM going or something. This whole guest host concept is getting very old, very quick.

2) Have some good rivalries going on. I know RAW has John Cena .vs. Batsita, but that's about it.

3) Start working the mid-carders more. RAW is pretty much main event. That's it. There's no mid-carders at all. Have Miz defend his US Championship a few weeks in a row.

There's obviously more, but I just can't think of any right now.

I THINK SMACKDOWN IS A BETTER SHOW THAN RAW.MAINLY BECAUSE OF THE REASON THAT VINCE DOSENT SHOW MUCH INTEREST IN SMACKDOWN.AND THEREFORE CAN ACTUALLY DEVELOP THERE OWN STORYSTYLES.SMACKDOWN GIVE RISE TO NEW STARS.IF U LOOK AT THE PAST DECADE U WILLL SEE THAT BIGGEST STARS HAD CAME FROM SMACKDOWN.IT HAS GIVEN STARS LIKE JOHN CENA,BROCK LESNER,THE MIZ,JEFF HARDY HAS RISEN IN THE SMACKKDOWN ONLY AND THE LIST JUST GOES ON AND ON.

Smackdown may focus on the wrestling aspect a bit more but if anybody saw Smackdown a few weeks ago the matchs were like 2 minutes long.So better wrestling no.But onto the topic, I would not make Raw like Smackdown at all, Smackdown is the second show.Have you ever noticed when there is Raw vs Smackdown that Smackdown win.

Example:

Survivor Series 2005, Orton pinned HBK for Smackdown.

Taboo Tuesday 2005, Matt and Rey beat 2 Raw guys

Bragging Rights 2009, once again Smackdown got the win

But even after this Raw is still better, and held higher than Smackdown.The Diva's may be better on Smackdown as the seem to put effort into there match and not have stupid gimmicks.So the only thing I would change is the Diva's and that's all.

i prefer smackdown because theres less cr#p i like raw but some of the geust host segments are sooooooo old stale boring any of those words work and latley smackdowns had some good matches ie drew mcintyre v.s matt hardy last week:smashfreakB:

Bye the way I think Smackdown can really kick Raw and iMPACT's ass in pro wrestling side.Greatest Wrestlers of WWE are in Smackdown.Jericho and Punk are enough to mention.I enjoy each and every single Episode of SD.They have a really good in-ring action.Match times are really longer and you see a classic "Rasslin" show sometimes.

Raw is more entertaining.It has the better quality out of Ropes.But I think now that Raw is doing a lot of non-wrestling segments , Smackdown can satisfy fans by solid wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back