• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rock vs. Cena at WM, according to Cena.

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
On a recent interview with Dan LeBatard is Highly Questionable, which airs on ESPN 2 in the United States, John Cena says that 'there's more to that match' when it comes to his first WM match with The Rock.

LeBatard, being cynical as he is, stated that the outcome was predetermined and how were we supposed to believe he didn't know he was going to lose to The Rock.

Cena responded simply by saying 'It's more than that, and there will be a time and place to discuss that match and the lead up to it, it just won't be right now'.

So long story short, there seems to be legit animosity between Rock and Cena.

Discuss.

I would think The Rock would have some sort of influence on how he's booked, especially for Wrestlemania and how easy it would be for him to simply walk and go back to making movies.

Instead of John's original (weak) idea, he lost the initial, won the final and headlined two straight WrestleMania's with a legitimate worldwide superstar.

Poor John....

Maybe he just didn't want to discuss the 'pre-determined' aspect of the "sport"?

Would he ever talk about booking decisions in a public format? Is he that big of a douche? Do all these guys discuss that stuff? I don't really pay that much attention.

I think he was just being a dick to Lebatard for trying to call wrestling fake.

Here is the full interview

"Losing to the Rock at WrestleMania 28 in Miami. I spent a year telling everybody how important that match was to me, and how proud I am of all of this. The Rock was gracious enough to come back to the WWE and perform for one time and one time only, for WrestleMania 28 in his home town."

Cena was asked why he was upset with the outcome of the match even though it was pre-determined:

"There is a giant underlying story that you may or may not know about. I really would have liked to be on top that night. It's the good with the bad. The unique thing about the WWE is that it's sport and that it's entertainment, and it's the best of both. Everybody wants to be the Super Bowl champion but there can only be one. And it was a bit of a disappointment that on that night I couldn't be."

"That's one of those stories that years from they're gonna put Dwayne Johnson on one seat at a table, and me at another seat at a table, and I'll be smoking a cigar and we'll both be drinking something out of a coffee cup. We'll tell that story then ... It's an interesting story, and obviously it's one that you want to hear about. So hopefully some day at the right time you will."

So Cena is not ashamed of losing to Kevin Federline and John Laurenties?

Alot of wrestlers really wanted to win on those nights you beat them too, Cena.
:rolleyes:

So Rock gift wraps the rematch (when he could have just walked away) but all Cena wants to do is bitch about the politics of the first match?!

I have no respect for that, typical Cena just wants everything to be about himself.

The Rock winning was great for business.

After all everyone came to WrestleMania 28 that year to see him win, WWE missed the boat with that one in regards to Cena. Him going heel at wm28 would've been hogan bash at the beach caliber.

All I'm saying is there was some legit animosity between Rock and Cena. There might not be now, but when their feud was going on, you can kinda tell Cena became frustrated with Rock during some of their promos.

And the calling out Rock on the notes he had on his hand has more legs to it than it did when it first happened.

Either way, Cena actually appeared on TV and echoed what he said in the article, and from what he added, it seems as if there was a plan going on and Rock wanted it changed and Rock got his way instead of Cena, who is the face of the company.

Either way, Cena's real professional and could have easily told Rock and Vince to find another main event at Wrestlemania. It's not like Cena hadn't headlined the event before.

Cena is such a baby.

Which is ironic, considering one of his favorite things to do is punt babies.

It's pathetic that he doesn't get credit for The Baby Punt as his Sixth Move of Doom.

Still don't think this interview means anything.

*Except for the part where he encourages kids to smoke.

It's pathetic that he doesn't get credit for The Baby Punt as his Sixth Move of Doom.

Still don't think this interview means anything.

*Except for the part where he encourages kids to smoke.

This interview means EVERYTHING to people who still believe in kayfabe.

And Cena not only encourages kids to smoke, he sends entire 747s of Marlboros, Newports, and Camels to third world countries to hand out at schools.

This interview means EVERYTHING to people who still believe in kayfabe.

I think it means something to people who think every booking decision is filled with backstabbing and drama.

And Cena not only encourages kids to smoke, he sends entire 747s of Marlboros, Newports, and Camels to third world countries to hand out at schools.

John Cena Brand Cigarettes were the leading factor of making Make A Wish Kids in 2012. Cena punting the kids when they were babies fell to third.

John Cena Brand Cigarettes slogan: "You've never really Never Given Up until you've never given up fighting lung cancer, thanks to John Cena Brand Cigarettes."

I like the way the cigarettes match the shirt he's selling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back