• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rock Praises TNA Champion

Dizzy

Championship Contender
@REALBobbyRoode I dig your work. Keep movin' the crowd and kicking that ass. (tell Bubba his calves still aren't as big as mine)

http://twitter.com/#!/TheRock

Yes, Rock has been tweeting about the last Impact from London. So, I guess the "nobody in wwe cares about tna lulz" theory is officially dead.

One thing I'm really liking is both companies are content with each other. TNA is allowing Flair to go to WWE's HOF celebration. Nobody in WWE gets in trouble anymore for visiting TNA stars.

It's really glad to see people taking notice of Bobby Roode and being honest with themselves that they do watch the other companies.

Reactions: IHW
It's The Rock he's no doubt got his own personalised WWE contract, seeing as he has to go do other things not related to WWE. They can't do shit. What are they gonna do, Suspend him? LOL yeah right....

and anyway it's not commenting on TNA it's commenting on a person and past acquaintences of his.

as for Flair and TNA, well considering Flair hasn't been on TNA TV in months and was apparently in the bad books back stage, not to mention it can only be good advertising to the product if he gets inducted to WWE's HOF again. Flair's Flair anyway, he'll do whatever he wants.

I would say though WWE shouldn't give a shit what there stars do aslong as they aren't bad mouthing WWE, drawing negative publicity or making money for someone else without explicit approval, which is no different to any job.

Yes, Rock has been tweeting about the last Impact from London. So, I guess the "nobody in wwe cares about tna lulz" theory is officially dead.
I wouldn't quite say that the Rock is "IN" the WWE. He's just there part time. He's also going to be part of the biggest drawing match in Wrestlemania. Its not like he's going to have any big consequences.

It's The Rock he's no doubt got his own personalised WWE contract, seeing as he has to go do other things not related to WWE. They can't do shit. What are they gonna do, Suspend him? LOL yeah right....

Exactly. I figure that the WWE still doesn't want anything to do with TNA, but since The Rock is basically untouchable by anything at this point as far as the 'E is concerned, he's going to do whatever the hell he wants to do. Just like GameOver here said, what are they going to do, suspend him? Take him off the card for 'Mania after they just spent the entire year hyping his match? (That and honestly, what else is going to make you want to buy the payperview other than the annual 'Taker match?)
Rock probably realizes he has the WWE by the balls, so he's going to do what he wants, when he wants.

But you know what? Props to the guy. This WWE vs TNA shit is stupid anyways. Maybe we'll see more of this from both sides?
.... haha, probably not.

Austin tweets about TNA at times...big deal. These guys aren't really "WITH" the company anymore. He's the one that said on twitter that WWE should hire Samoa Joe.

ITS TWITTER! Social media designed to keep in touch with friends. You don't think guys from each company call each other or hang out when they're in town?

The whole "nobody in WWE cares about TNA" thing is crap to begin with. WWE watches the product...they just don't want us as fans to know they do. The same was said about WWE with WCW back in the day and look at what WWE did with DX.

Its like saying the Lakers don't care about their opponents. OF COURSE THEY DO! How else would they know what to do?

as for Flair and TNA, well considering Flair hasn't been on TNA TV in months and was apparently in the bad books back stage.

Someone apparently hasn't been watching the product- Flair has been by Gunner's side throughout his entire current angle.

And kudos to Dwayne for praising Roode's quality heel work.

Empty praise I'd say. Does The Rock watch WWE let alone TNA? Doubtful, unless Michael Caine got him into it on the set of Journey 2 The Mysterious Island (In cinemas now!). Bet he saw him once, liked him, Tweeted and will soon forget of his existence. I know I nearly have.

Empty praise I'd say. Does The Rock watch WWE let alone TNA? Doubtful, unless Michael Caine got him into it on the set of Journey 2 The Mysterious Island (In cinemas now!). Bet he saw him once, liked him, Tweeted and will soon forget of his existence. I know I nearly have.

Of course he does. Lets not get crazy here. Rock likes the guys work, so he praised him. I dont know why people think he is out of touch with what goes on. He did the same for CM Punk & Zack Ryder on the WWE side.

Reactions: IHW
If I remember correctly The Rock also tweeted Mickie James after she won her first KO title. It's kinda like a fraternity, fellow wrestlers often become friends or atleast "twitter" friends. I wouldn't doubt that Rock watches wrestling whenever his schedule allows it. Wrestling is in his blood and I highly doubt that he disconnects himself completely from it. Does he watch every episode of Raw, SD or Impact? Most likely not, but I'm sure whether it's an old friend or someone who catches his interest, he probably follows their work.

So, because he's a big movie star now means he isn't a fan of pro wrestling and he doesn't watch? Rock loves wrestling, it's in his blood. For all we know he might spend his Thursday nights relaxing and watching iMPACT. He wouldn't just praise somebody for no reason.

its a big complement coming from the rock...would be more shocking if it came from john cena, hbk or stone cold. I personally think bobby Roode and James Storm being home grown talent has always been what tna needed to focus on...when they made storm win the title then have roode and storm feud...well to me thats perfect timing.

they have someone like crimson who has been built quite well and protected by being in a tag team for now. They should really start introducing some new names...if tna had nabbed tyler black and dean ambrose that would be the direction they should be going in. They need to acquire indy names who have not wrestled in wwe...thats what will make that company distinctive...i started watching tna back whe aj styles was displaying his phenominal moves... wwe had no one like him...

i would like to see storm and roode in movies as well. tna is growing and im happy that there slowing down there feuds and storyline and doing less shock tv look which wwe star we signed b.s. its fun for a while but when they leave and return to wwe they pretty much were used by those wrestlers to get a paycheck until wwe creative has something for them.

If hbk gave james storm a complement about the last call super kick that would a be nice post here on the iwc. Even a steve austin reference of beer cans to beer bottles.

Well when someone who is IN the WWE actually tweets about TNA then the theory is dead. Rock is not in the WWE. He's a former WWF guy who comes back on occasion to get a big pay day. That simple. After Mania let's see how long he sticks around. Then again when Mania or a big time event rolls around suddenly Rock will be interested in the WWE again. He tried to distance himself and now suddenly he's "giving back to the WWE fans". Those same fans who he promised he would "Never leave". Yeah how about those 7 years of not leaving. Rock is a joke. I'm not a Cena fan by any stretch. But Cena can do movies, public interviews charity work for THOUSANDS of people yet he can still wrestle a full time schedule thru injury and pain and such...

oops sorry went on a bit of a rant there.

The Rock's grandfather was a wrestler and a promoter (I think), his dad was a wrestler, the Rock grew up on wrestling, was backstage with the wrestlers as a kid when his dad worked. He made his name in wrestling, he has and had family members who were wrestlers. He's made appearances at wrestling events on behalf of family members. Wrestling will always be a part of him, so he's not just going to stop watching just because he's moved onto Hollywood to pursue his acting career. Now he probably has more time to sit back and watch the various wrestling shows and promotions.

For some one the status of the Rock to praise some one who recently became a main eventer, must be a huge compliment to some one in Roode's positon. I don't think it's a big deal. Many performers in WWE have friends in other promotions and probably keep in touch with them and watch their work. He tweeted the guy, he didn't compliment Roode on WWE programming like Punk did with Cabana, so I don't think it's that big a deal. Even if Vince did a problem with it, I'd be highly surprised if he would do anything about it.

Well when someone who is IN the WWE actually tweets about TNA then the theory is dead. Rock is not in the WWE. He's a former WWF guy who comes back on occasion to get a big pay day. That simple. After Mania let's see how long he sticks around. Then again when Mania or a big time event rolls around suddenly Rock will be interested in the WWE again. He tried to distance himself and now suddenly he's "giving back to the WWE fans". Those same fans who he promised he would "Never leave". Yeah how about those 7 years of not leaving. Rock is a joke. I'm not a Cena fan by any stretch. But Cena can do movies, public interviews charity work for THOUSANDS of people yet he can still wrestle a full time schedule thru injury and pain and such...

Rock is still associated and apart of the WWE. No matter what you may feel, he is a WWE guy. Period. Also, Cena would not be able to wrestle a full time WWE schedule if he was making legit films with real movie studios. Cena making movies, and Rock making movies is completely different, 2 different avenues, and two different schedules. lol @ this logic. Stop crying.

Moron, get a clue , before you start slammin the Rock, know what you're talking about.

The Tweet, while praising Bobby Roode also mentioned Bubba....If you a damn thing about the history of Rock and the Dudleys, he was traveling buds with them . Its even on one of the DVDs. They'd ride in renta-cars to WWE shows.

why slag the guy for keeping up on some actual talents.

Oh yeah, You must believe CM punk really is a rebel.

Well when someone who is IN the WWE actually tweets about TNA then the theory is dead.

Several WWE personalities commented on Twitter about last night's TNA Impact Wrestling broadcast, including WWE United States champion Dolph Ziggler, Tyson Kidd and Gail Kim.

Dolph Ziggler wrote the following on Twitter last night about the TNA Impact Wrestling match between Jack Evans, Jesse Sorensen and Tony Nese:

"Cool ultimate x qualifier match on impact tonight! Evans does some pretty sick stuff! #seewrestlingcanbefun"

Tyson Kidd then wrote that it was good to see his friend Jack Evans back on TV.

Gail Kim then chimed in and asked Kidd and Ziggler what she missed. She wrote:

"a few peeps tweeting about evans. Did I miss some good s**t??"

Dolph Ziggler replied:

"x qualifier was fun to watch, and seeing lynn and rvd in the ring together was cool too"

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...sg=AFQjCNHo1WRgEwei6VZjCl_IDcorfBT8yg&cad=rja

How about three WWE stars? Dolph, Kidd and Gail (At the time)

Randy Orton wrote on Twitter that he checked out TNA iMPACT! this week for only the "second time ever" and shared his thoughts on the TNA product.

"Samoa Joe can move. Miss working with (Kurt) Angle and Jeff. Coulda done w/o the JWoW segment tho. I enjoyed the backstage stuff for the most part anyway. Something about the realness of the conversations between some of the talent was really well done."

When a fan seemed surprised that Orton was praising TNA, Orton responded:

"Who said that I do not like TNA? I surely didn't. Never approved of the 8(sic) sided ring tho. Competition is a good thing."

Orton put over TNA TV Champion AJ Styles:

"never met him. Can do some amazing things in the ring. IMO has alot to do with tna's early success."

He finished with some comments about Ken Anderson

Read more: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2010/1015/532886/randy-orton/#ixzz1lU5T0lpJ

I can go even deeper....What does Vince have to say about TNA?

On TNA as Competition: "My concern with TNA is not in terms of competition. My concern with TNA is that they are TV-14, and we are PG. They have to change with the times. I think some of the things they do on television are reprehensible, but it is a TV-14 rating. That's the only bone I have to pick with them. Their TV ratings are a fraction of ours."

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/100267

How would Vince know they do is "reprehensible" if he doesn't watch?

So, again. People from WWE do watch and follow and know of TNA.

the Rock has turned into an ungenuine piece of shit. take a look back at survivor series when people were chanting for ryder instead of him. he takes the cheap pop by saying oh ya, im a huge fan. he probably didnt even know who zack ryder was. why tweet something about robert roode? simple the reason this whole thread was created. to get you talking about him. if twitter wasnt around maybe he would have praised robert roode via satelitte feed. id rather have a crappy WM28 main event than to see that guy get a couple million dollars to pull a hulk hogan. and the wwe has the nerve to blame the low buy rates on the miz. had the buy rates been high they would have said it was because of the rock wrestling but since it was a negative it was one of their regular hard workers fault. im done wasting my breathe on this sellout.

the Rock is one of the greatest wrestling icons in history, known by millions more in the entertainment business. which is what wrestling is, entertainment, a show on television.
if Rock wants to go away from WWE and make movies and then come back here and there he has earned that right. he's bigger than wrestling.
even if Rock didn't come back recently, millions of people still know "Dwayne Johnson" as the wrestler the Rock from WWE.
haters gonna hate.

this is a big plus for Roode and TNA.

Well I was a TNA fan, but all the stupid booking and match layouts just drove me crazy, maybe I'll try it again soon but the Russo style of nonsensical over stipulated booking sucks.

Ooooh, look at all the WWE marks getting upset that The Rock praised the TNA Champ and claiming he is not with the WWE. Bullshit! The Rock has a WWE contract, has wrestled and appeared on WWE TV multiple times this year and will main event WWE's biggest show of the year, so sorry bitches The Rock is in the WWE.

Anyway, it is good that someone of The Rock's standing can praise Bobby Roode and deservedly so, Bobby has been performing exceptionally well as the major heel in TNA. We all knew he was great in the ring but I was certainly unsure whether he could draw the heat that he has done. Fiar enough he has been put with the heat magnet Bully Ray but I believe he has been working the crowd a treat to get the reaction he has. Obviously receiving praise from the Rock essentially means nothing in terms of business but it is always nice and a good for your ego when something like this happens. Finally I do belive the Rock watches wrestling when he can as it is in his blood and I think once you are a fan you remain a fan.

Well I was a TNA fan, but all the stupid booking and match layouts just drove me crazy, maybe I'll try it again soon but the Russo style of nonsensical over stipulated booking sucks.

Russo doesn't book the show anymore!

Are people actually arguing in this thread if WWE performers are aware of TNA/IW performers? Is this a serious point of discussion???

First, if you believe that anyone in the WWE is unaware of TNA/IW, being a company in the exact same business as they are, and the #2 company in that business, you are an idiot.

Second, if the highest-hanging fruit you're going to go for in your arguments is to attack people dumb enough to believe that WWE performers are unaware of TNA/IW performers, you are an idiot hoping to prove that he's smarter than another idiot.

Third, who really cares? Did The Rock paying Bobby Roode a compliment on Twitter really merit its own thread, or is this just a way to beat that "TNA rules WWE sucks" drum again?

the Rock has turned into an ungenuine piece of shit. take a look back at survivor series when people were chanting for ryder instead of him. he takes the cheap pop by saying oh ya, im a huge fan. he probably didnt even know who zack ryder was. why tweet something about robert roode? simple the reason this whole thread was created. to get you talking about him. if twitter wasnt around maybe he would have praised robert roode via satelitte feed. id rather have a crappy WM28 main event than to see that guy get a couple million dollars to pull a hulk hogan. and the wwe has the nerve to blame the low buy rates on the miz. had the buy rates been high they would have said it was because of the rock wrestling but since it was a negative it was one of their regular hard workers fault. im done wasting my breathe on this sellout.

pcv0B.jpg

That was BEFORE Survivor Series. Stop being such a whiny fool. Also, lol @ you taking some dirtsheet report about the buyrates being blamed on The Miz as facts. Goodness, The Rock hate is so irrational these days its not even funny.

Godammit.

Even when the two companies are content with each other, you idiots still fight about it. The Rock praised Roode because he deserved to be praised. You war-marks keep trying to find subtext where it doesn't exist. The Rock's tweet wasn't a jab at the WWE. This is a non-story. The fact that this thread even exists is really, REALLY pathetic. I don't know why WWE marks are so adamant about not watching TNA, and I don't know why TNA marks are so mental over what other "more credible" people think about TNA in comparison to the WWE.

Only the IWC could take a simple tweet and make into something much more.

It's not hard to believe that a guy who grew up in the business watches some wrestling now and then, happened too see Impact, was impressed with Roode and gave him a shout out on twitter.

Moron, get a clue , before you start slammin the Rock, know what you're talking about.

The Tweet, while praising Bobby Roode also mentioned Bubba....If you a damn thing about the history of Rock and the Dudleys, he was traveling buds with them . Its even on one of the DVDs. They'd ride in renta-cars to WWE shows.

why slag the guy for keeping up on some actual talents.

Oh yeah, You must believe CM punk really is a rebel.
Multiple sources indicate to us that he did not hob-nob much with old friends before or after the Hall of Fame speech. He showed up in time for the speech, delivered an overly-long speech that offended many in WWE, and then left before the ceremony ended and did not watch the Ric Flair induction ceremony.

A friend of Rock's says he warned WWE he had a tight schedule and wouldn't be able to stay long before or after.

Our sources say he came across as "aloof" and "totally Hollywood," as if he were "above WWE now," including toward his ex-colleagues. This surprisingly included one-time good pal Steve Austin, who was said to be displeased and taken aback by what he saw and heard.

"This wasn't a roast," says one wrestler in attendance. "This was supposed to be a tribute to his dad and grandfather. Instead, he did an hour plus of comedy, running way long, then did a short tribute to his dad and grandfather, then left. It was rude of him."

The ceremony ran way over the planned length in great part due to Rock's speech. Ric Flair also ran long, but everyone was more forgiving of that since it was his night.

Afterward, many backstage shared in their disappointment and even disgust with how he acted. The feeling was, even if he has heat with some higher-ups in WWE for some reason, he had no reason to treat old friends like discards from a past life whom he couldn't make time for.

Yeah. Rock is a jackass and I'm clearly not the only one to think this. As far as your moronic comment about CM Punk being a rebel..im talking about outside of the WWE not the scripted WWE Universe kid. Rock backstage is an arrogant prick. Far from where he used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back