The Rock - changes that need to be made!

stevieg786

Dark Match Jobber
Okay so Rock is my favorite wrestler of all time and I MTFO hard everytime he shows up, however there's some certain things that really bug me since his return in 2011 that I'd wish he'd change;

1. His entrance used to be so cool and badass before, IF YA SMELL hit and he'd be out of the curtain down the aisle onto the ropes "Smelling" within a minute. Now it takes him two minutes alone posing on each side of the stage before walking down the isle. Hate it.

2. Too many "I's" when talking to the crowd, The Rock should always refer to himself as a third person. Always.

3. Sun glasses, he never wears them anymore, he should always come out in the sun glasses. His eyes just look weird.

4. Smiling, this actually annoys the shit out of me, he smiles way too much these days during his segments, now I know all the ladies love his smile Yada Yada butt Rock should NEVER smile, especially if the fans chant his name or summat, he should just look at them and Smell like he used to.

5. Not major but he needs his hair back, hate the bald look.

Rant over ;)

Aside from the point of him deleting "I" and speaking in the 3rd person only (which was one of the original nuances to his character that made him unique), I'm fine with The Rock in any form of a visit to the "WWE Universe."

If you really want to rant, he should avoid appearing next to the Roman Empire, haha.

This was The Real Rock. When he could own anyone. Rock 1997-2003>>>Rock2011-2014.

Owning Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho
[YOUTUBE]UzILC97q-zU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ekUQjvoSPIo[/YOUTUBE]

he was a complete boss back then^

still is mind, but he really needs to grow that hair back and lose some muscle.

He is bald because of his receding hairline. If he grew it out he would look weird. Look at his hairline 15 years ago it is much worse now.

He doesn't NEED to change a damn thing...

Like it or not, Dwayne is THE top movie star at the moment. Fast 7 is going towards records... his movies are quickly on the way to grossing over $2bn and he commands a fee of upwards of $30m per film just to show up...

and occasionally he shows up in WWE.

WWE don't want him going heel, don't want him doing anything other than his show up, mock the bad guys, get over with the crowd and pop a rating... it's why the Roman stuff was so risky. Other than Rock the next biggest movie star they can get on a show is Hugh Jackman every now and then.

Dwayne is happy to keep showing up cos it keeps him with his "original" fanbase, shows him in a "good light" and gives him an edge over other guys in Hollywood... he is popular in 2 meduims/genres and thus has a VERY big target audience/recognisability. Even if you've never heard of Dwayne Johnson or watched WWE, you've heard of him as The Rock and that he was a wrestler.

He makes changes that synergy changes... the only time he goes heel is when the Shazam movie is coming out and he's playing a villain. Till then, he will keep doing as he does.

And bear this in mind... when he first got big, every 3-6 months without fail he'd show up... then he stopped for 7 years bare one video promo, came back and said he's never going away again... and since then.. every 3-6 months he makes some kind of appearance, even if it is just for a promo. So that's a guy WWE doesn't want to change either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back