The return of the Pitbull

INDYjon22

Nome is where your heart is
So its been awhile since Andrei Arlovski has been in fight ring. It's being rumored that he is set to return at Strikeforce: Evolution on the undercard. His opponent has yet to be named. Recently Arlovski has begun training with Greg Jackson and his camp.

So my question is this, who do you want to to him fight, if you do at all, and how do you think he will do? This is a no brainer for me as I always enjoy watching The Pitbull fight and it's just to bad that this is rumored to an undercard fight. I would personally love to see him fight Heath Herring, but that is not a possible option at the moment since to my knowledge Herring is still under contract with the UFC. There are two other men that Strikforce has that I would be interested in seeing him fight. One, I would like to see a rematch with Fabricio Werdum. Werdum looked great in his last fight and I would actually like to see if he can hang with Arlovski again. My second option is Antonio Silva. Both Arlovski and Silva like to slug so I think it would be a straight up shoot out, very exciting for the live audience.

So how about it, do you want to see Arlovski come back at Strikeforce: Evolution or not and who would you like to see him face off against.

I want him to get a rematch with Brett Rogers more than anything, but since that's not going to happen, I'm sure they're going to just feed him some can. There just aren't that many good Heavyweights outside the UFC for him to face, since pretty much all the good ones are chasing after Fedor anyway and not giving a fuck about Arlovski.

The only guys with any name whatsoever to them I can see getting a shot at Arlovski and them taking it are Jeff Monson, Pedro Rizzo, and Ricco Rodriguez. I think AA would destroy the any of them, but I'm not sure if any of those fights would get a lot of interest from fans out there.

And Jon... I love your Heath Herring idea, Herring vs. AA is a fight I've wanted to see badly for quite sometime. Hell, I just want to see Herring fight again period to be honest, but it won't be for a while, and when he finally does come back, it'll be for the UFC, not for Strikeforce or anyone else.

Yeah, I know that AA wont be fighting Herring anytime soon, its just the most exciting fight for AA at this point in his career in my opinion and I feel like Herring needs to get out of the UFC since he wont ever be a title contendor and has more exciting fights, possible, outside of it.

I also like your idea of a rematch with Rogers because theirs no one id like to see more get their ass kicked by AA then Rogers. Its a win win for me if AA wins since I dont like Rogers much and he already beat AA so he could avenge that lose.

AA has fought either one or both of Rodriguez and Rizzo and as much as id like to see him avenge those loses they dont exactly seem like big selling fights or exciting for that matter. I like Jeff Monson but I don't think a fight with him would be a very exciting one anyways. Monson's bread and butter is wrestling and ground game and while Arlovski does have a ground game it isn't a very exciting one.

Well just have to see who they feed him, because the most likely scenario as you already stated is them feeding him some scrub, but sometimes those fights backfire just look at Jardine/Alexander and AA/Rogers, fights that Jardine and AA both should have won but lost and lost bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back