• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

the perfect place to advertise

The Boss

'The Boss' Of Pro Wrestling
I just noticed today that WWE runs their "total divas" show (a show called "total knockout" would sound better) on the E! Network directly opposed to the first hour of Impact Wrestling. Does TNA run commercials during this show? If not, what better place to advertise in front of WWE fans and

say, "turn the channel and watch us now". They might get some first time viewers.

Who said anything but Monday nights? I'm talking about running commercials on a show that WWE put up against TNA. This isn't challenging WWE, it's telling potential wrestling fans (who are watching a show with no wrestling) that there is wrestling on the other channel. To not do this would ne foolish.

Total Divas isn't really being marketed to die hard wrestling fans. If these people are gonna watch the show over a WWE PPV, they're not gonna watch goddamn TNA.

Who said anything but Monday nights? I'm talking about running commercials on a show that WWE put up against TNA. This isn't challenging WWE, it's telling potential wrestling fans (who are watching a show with no wrestling) that there is wrestling on the other channel. To not do this would ne foolish.
Total Divas isn't being marketed to people interested in the matches, though. The WWE realizes that professional wrestling is a shrinking market with probably little chance of renaissance, and thus they've been trying to expand into different markets which are tangential to their main brand. This is why you saw the XFL, WWE Films, Total Divas, and God knows what else. Some ideas hit, some ideas miss.

TNA advertising on Total Divas is a month too late. The viewers who were watching Total Divas for wrestling content were gone after the first episode or two.

Also, E! and Spike are owned by different networks, NBC and Viacom respectively. TNA (and the WWE as well) likely get all their advertising on Spike and USA gratis, because that's good for those networks. TNA doesn't appear to be in the position right now to be making media buys. (I know, Dixie said everything's fine, they're just looking to shuffle the roster and bring in a bunch of young, very cheap talent.) Advertising time on prime-time television is NOT cheap, but hey- maybe HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN could use some of that star power of his to convince NBC to lower the price.

It's a very complicated scenario. Divas has more people watching and better demos than Impact......If I had a tie and slippers and worked for Viacom I wouldn't know what to do. Honestly

btw I can't believe Viacom didn't capitalize on their rights to UFC reruns to kickstart Bellator. Instead the relied on Impact....

Not a bad idea but there may be more obstacles than you know. I'm sure TNA and Spike are well aware of their advertising options and what makes the most sense. Plus isn't Sunday the big night for Total Divas? How many are watching the Thursday rerun live?

TNA's problem isn't people knowing it exists, it's problem is not sucking so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back