• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Patriot Act extended by Senate

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin.

I think this pretty much sums up what any intelligent human being feels about the Patriot Act.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin.

I could have sworn reading somewhere that Ben Franklin never actually said that, on a list of the most misquoted quotes of all time or something. I could be wrong.

No shocker here though, the Patriot Act is just the kind of bullshit liberty-trampling hogwash tied up in a pretty bow to make everyone feel better bullshit that politicians love.

I really, really wish Obama would destroy that fucking thing.

I could have sworn reading somewhere that Ben Franklin never actually said that, on a list of the most misquoted quotes of all time or something. I could be wrong..

You may be right, X. I simply copy/pasted it from Wikiquotes. All I know, is it's accurate for the situation.

Would you prefer they give the terrorist enemy a face? Because I'm sure that can be arranged.

Knowing full well who the enemy is will make me far more comfortable about all of this. All I realistically expect at this point is an enemy so I can stop feeling so violated.

Knowing full well who the enemy is will make me far more comfortable about all of this. All I realistically expect at this point is an enemy so I can stop feeling so violated.

America = good guys.

Non-Americans = bad guys.

Anyone with a non-American Face/background would obviously be the bad guys. Problem solved.

Not sure how the whole North & South America thing works out, nor do I understand about the illegal inhabitants already IN our Country, or the legal ones who become suicide bombers. But I'm sure somewhere, someone is evil.

You're the enemy, didn't you know? Americans everywhere are the enemy, we just don't realize it. That's why we need these spying counter-terrorism measures, to make sure the people that really matter, the rich white guys, can feel safe at night knowing their low-income employees aren't going to try and do anything dangerous, like stand up for themselves and rebel against our nation's institutionalizing of a class system.

You're the enemy, didn't you know?

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

That seemed as appropriate a time as any for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back