The Pacific

I too absolutely loved Band of Brothers, and would rank it somewhere probably in my top ten or twenty series of all time. I've been really anticipating The Pacific ever since I read of it going into production in Variety, because we all know with Speilberg on board it's going to contain some simply epic battle scenes. That said, when I was watching the trailer, I couldn't help but kind of laugh halfway through because I'm not a big fan celebrating war as this glorious thing and treating it like an action movie. I prefer a more realistic approach, like Black Hawk Down or Platoon, or maybe even Hamburger Hill.

Still, I'm looking forward to this. It will certainly contain some excellent set pieces and battles, so you really can't go wrong here.

I too absolutely loved Band of Brothers, and would rank it somewhere probably in my top ten or twenty series of all time. I've been really anticipating The Pacific ever since I read of it going into production in Variety, because we all know with Speilberg on board it's going to contain some simply epic battle scenes. That said, when I was watching the trailer, I couldn't help but kind of laugh halfway through because I'm not a big fan celebrating war as this glorious thing and treating it like an action movie. I prefer a more realistic approach, like Black Hawk Down or Platoon, or maybe even Hamburger Hill.

Still, I'm looking forward to this. It will certainly contain some excellent set pieces and battles, so you really can't go wrong here.

Yeah, what particularly made me admire Band of Brothers so much is the fact that Spielberg and Hanks seemed to be really value the source material, and the interviews with the veterans really bought home to me what impact the war had on all of them. As long as this series deals with war with the same respectful style, then I won't have many complaints.

And yes, Spielberg makes kick-ass action scenes. The first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan are probably the most intense minutes of films I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back