• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The #OldSchool 'Challenge' (GMT version)!

FitFinlay4Life

What's the craic?
[YOUTUBE]nY0fzGjVaw0[/YOUTUBE]​

Ok Brits, Irish, Europeans (who get SKY) and streamers!

TNA #OldSchool hits our screens at 2200 GMT on Challenge TV (Sky: Ch 145 Freeview: Ch 46 Freesat: Ch 145 Virgin: Ch 139). Bouts include:-

• XDivision 3 Way - Austin Aries vs Chris Sabin vs Sonjay Dutt
  • EC3 vs Dewey Barnes
  • Falls Count Anywhere - Bully Ray vs Tommy Dreamer
  • Bad Influence & Velvet Sky ( :shrug: ) vs BroMans & Lei'd Tapa [EY special guest ref]
  • Monsters' Ball - Abyss vs Jeff Hardy
  • Kurt Angle vs Ken Anderson
  • Last Man Standing - Bobby Roode vs James Storm
  • TNA World Title - Magnus (c) vs Samoa Joe

Looks like TNA have used this ONO PPV to try some things out and rumor has it that this is a pretty solid effort. If you're about, drop in - love to have some of your craic (and that isn't a euphemism, ya pervs)! Sláinte!

Big problem I see with Challenge's treatment of their far highest drawing programming is that they put these PPVs on at 10pm with them not finishing to 2am. There's an 8pm 'watershed' (time to get the kiddies to bed) on SKY programming, so 8-midnight or even 9-1230 and cut down on all the ad breaks would make these far more agreeable to most grapple fans.

It's a bit down from Hardcore Justice. It's got a better entrance and main event match, but the matches feel either just the or forced. Good time killer though.

I have enjoyed it so far, especially as something recorded over a month ago, it still fits in quite well with current storylines. If I was to nitpick, the feel is a bit like the name ('#' current; 'OldSchool' past) - it appears a little confused as to whether it's an ordinary or a hardcore show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back