The *Official* Wrestlezone Tournament Preview

:blink:

OK...I really need to know...Who had Disco at #9 on their list? I don't mind the idea of him being on anyone's list, but for anyone to think he's that great, or like him that much, baffles me.

Does no one remember his days as a "Filthy Animal"? They made me wish he'd go back to bright orange tights and dancing.

And Shocky, I love the pic you chose for Dibiase Jr. It's almost as great as Ultimo Dragon's pic.

Alright, just to kind of give everyone a tentative idea for plans at this point. The mod staff is working behind the scenes to get a predictions contest going along with the brackets. Obviously if this happens, there will need to be some time between the end of the field being announced and the tournament beginning.

I will let you know my tentative plans at this point. I plan on having the rest of the field announced by Friday of this week. With the predictions contest possibly playing a hand in this, I am going to delay the beginning of the tournament to Monday, March 23rd.

Why March 23rd? Well, March Madness to be quite honest. Along with Wrestlemania, i am an avid college basketball fan, and quite honestly, I expect to be either drunk in my house, or drunk at a bar for the better part of four days watching college basketball. I feel that there are enough avid sports fans here that will watch the tournament as well. With as much as the Basketball tournament is on, I feel that will take away from our tournaments participation. So for the betterment of our tournament, I've decided it's the best interest to stay away from that weekend altogether.

Also, other days that polls will be closed will be the Weekend of Wrestlemania. from the ffriday before (and what I'm hearing is supposed to be a live smackdown that night) to the Hall of Fame on Saturday, to the big event on Sunday, to the Raw aftermath, those days will be closed to the voting as well. Also, the following Monday with the Draft will be a polls closed day as well.

Oh, it's fucking on like Donkey Kong now! Y'all better be ready. I know I am. Well, I do have to look up a few people on YouTube, but otherwise...

We're at that point. I'm ready for this thing to go now, but I'll wait until tomorrow. Hopefully everyone ends up exploding into this thing come tomorrow. I've got to cram this first round in over the course of the next 10 days to get it the first round done before Mania weekend.

But I'm on Vacation next week as well, so fun fun.

We're at that point. I'm ready for this thing to go now, but I'll wait until tomorrow. Hopefully everyone ends up exploding into this thing come tomorrow. I've got to cram this first round in over the course of the next 10 days to get it the first round done before Mania weekend.

But I'm on Vacation next week as well, so fun fun.

What time tomorrow can we expect the first threads to be open for discussion?

I'm good for the tournament, If my internet at home doesn't let me down, I've got my pick's down for the first round, But it would be dumb to out them now as I will prolly surprise a few people with me being a 2001 + fan.

I've done quite alot of research for this, The only time i'll have a hesatation is when two lesser known wrestler's go at it.

Dont you just love youtube, And Wiki?

I'm getting ready to get pissed off when Austin beats Santo 50-1, and I'm ready for the tournament as a whole. My dissertation is due in on Friday, so I may not be the most active in the first week, but I still intend on writing something about every match, and voting obviously.

I am intrigued as to how many people actually research before voting, but I certainly will be as I would say that there is a good 50 odd wrestlers whose work I am currently unfamiliar with.

I stumbled upon this old post of mine just now, where I made my predictions for the tournament. Let's see just how well I called them.

The BEST part of this tournament, is the fact that it gives the newer posters a chance to back a dark horse and REALLY show what they are capable of. The best part of this thing, aside from watching intently as Shocky rolls out the seeds, is seeing how far you can get someone to go, and who you can get him over.

No shortage of people doing this. LigerBomb. Tdigle. Gelgarin. And many more.

I am predicitng a better year for Hulk Hogan, as many of the Wrestlezone smarks come to realize that he's the man and Sly's been right this whole time. But he won't win.

Benoit just beat Hogan. So I was right. Hogan had a terrific showing, and lost in the gimmick round.

Michaels and Undertaker won the first and second tournaments, respectively. So they won't win. Smarks hate repeat winners.

Thus far, half right, though people were calling for Taker to lose to Khali in round 1. But Michaels lost to Liger, and pretty early too.

Superheavyweights will have their best showing ever - I will see to it. But unless I've got LOADS of magic up my sleeve, they won't win. People like the slender athletes.

Spot on once again. Vader and Bam Bam just lost, and took out some big names on the way. Vader took out two other SHW's in Wight and Andre.

Cena, Orton, and Edge are on top of the world right now but history isn't on their side. They won't win.

Edge lives, JUST BARELY beating Lesnar. By one vote. He'll lose to Austin though.

Randy Savage got to the finals last year, and got beat by the Undertaker. I think a lot of posters have buyers remorse for Savage going over Vader and making the finals. So I expect Savage to make the final 16, maybe the final 8, but not beyond that.

Savage just lost to Rob Van Dam. Right again.

Finally, I expect one Japanese and one REALLY old school wrestler to make it shockingly deep into the tournament as research comes to light and more fans educate themselves.

Harley Race made the gimmick round, and Liger and Muta had AWESOME showings.

And it's gonna be great.

And yet this was my most accurate prediction.

And it's gonna be great.
And yet this was my most accurate prediction.

You really are a geek, Irish. What you don't know what that when I wrote geek I just made a racist typo.

Yeah it's been very enjoyable. I might be on my own when I say I prefer the earlier rounds. I'm not terribly intrested in putting forth a well thought out wrestling post. That would require me to think and I'm just too lazy. And that's waht people do in the later rounds. I wonder if any of them aware of how ridiculous some of their arguments are. I'm aware that mine are.

So many memories. People pushing for El Dandy, slyfox saying that Giant Gonzalez wasn't as bad as his reputation suggests, apparently Liger knocked out HBK, voting Beefcake and people giving a shit if their favorites got knocked out.

I would cry if I didn't have a heart of stone. And if there probably wasn't another month of tournament left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back