The *Official* Wrestlezone Tournament Preview

I have a feeling that Bret Hart might take this in the end. While I'm not a huge fan of him, he seems to have strong, vocal supporters who are passionate about him which will give him a big push.

One thing I learned about the last tournament is that if certain posters really get behind certain guys and go all out for them, they can push them far. Vader is someone that comes to mind. While Vader was/is a very good entertainer/wrestler he isn't one that comes to mind when you think about the best the WWE has ever seen(like Rock/Hart/Stone Cold/Hogan/Flair/HBK)are thought of but with IC passionatley behind him and pushing the facts and highlights of his career he was able to make final 4.

So in the end I think whoever get's the biggest push from the other posters will probably end up winning the overall thing. My personal pick is HBK, but with him still in wrestling and not being as good as he once one, and with people who just don't like him I think it might be hard for him to pick up the victory.

I really don't want Bret Hart to win, but he will. Hogan, Austin and The Rock have too many detractors who will put through Hart against them as the lesser of two evils. Hart fits into the smark category of good wrestlers and into the popular category of wrestlers, which is why he has done so well in tournaments up to this point.

Personally, I would like to see Randy Savage win. He came close in the legends tournament and I'd love to see him go the distance. I'd also like to see some Japanese wrestlers in the shake up at the end, but I can't see it.

As mentioned, Bret seems to have massive support here and I can see him winning the thing, which I guess I don't have a problem with. There's others I'd prefer to win and I'll try my best to push them as far as I can. Andre, Sting and Savage will have my full backing.

I'm also really hoping for some of the more underrated workers to get a good run, and perhaps in the process becoming more appreciated. Anderson, Windham and Page come to mind.

The problem is that current guys will always overcome older guys, unless older guys have a reputation for "technical" wrestling. This means that the true greats never stand a chance. That's why I'm throwing my support behind Van Hammer. Let's give the underdogs a chance.

Rock out with Heavy Metal!

The BEST part of this tournament, is the fact that it gives the newer posters a chance to back a dark horse and REALLY show what they are capable of. The best part of this thing, aside from watching intently as Shocky rolls out the seeds, is seeing how far you can get someone to go, and who you can get him over.

Plus, when two guys are on opposite sides of the debate, it gets heated, and ergo gets fun.

I am predicitng a better year for Hulk Hogan, as many of the Wrestlezone smarks come to realize that he's the man and Sly's been right this whole time. But he won't win.

Michaels and Undertaker won the first and second tournaments, respectively. So they won't win. Smarks hate repeat winners.

Superheavyweights will have their best showing ever - I will see to it. But unless I've got LOADS of magic up my sleeve, they won't win. People like the slender athletes.

Cena, Orton, and Edge are on top of the world right now but history isn't on their side. They won't win.

Randy Savage got to the finals last year, and got beat by the Undertaker. I think a lot of posters have buyers remorse for Savage going over Vader and making the finals. So I expect Savage to make the final 16, maybe the final 8, but not beyond that.

Finally, I expect one Japanese and one REALLY old school wrestler to make it shockingly deep into the tournament as research comes to light and more fans educate themselves.

And it's gonna be great.

I'm hoping Jushin Liger gets into the tournament. If he does get in, my goal is to get him into the top 16. Also, if he does get in, I'll be setting up a campaign headquarters for him. However, given that I only hope to get him into the top 16, I'm going to run a campaign a la Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me: if you vote for one person in this tournament, vote for Hogan, Austin, or The Rock; if you vote for two people in this tournament, vote for Jushin Liger.

The BEST part of this tournament, is the fact that it gives the newer posters a chance to back a dark horse and REALLY show what they are capable of. The best part of this thing, aside from watching intently as Shocky rolls out the seeds, is seeing how far you can get someone to go, and who you can get him over.

Plus, when two guys are on opposite sides of the debate, it gets heated, and ergo gets fun.

I am predicitng a better year for Hulk Hogan, as many of the Wrestlezone smarks come to realize that he's the man and Sly's been right this whole time. But he won't win.

Michaels and Undertaker won the first and second tournaments, respectively. So they won't win. Smarks hate repeat winners.

Superheavyweights will have their best showing ever - I will see to it. But unless I've got LOADS of magic up my sleeve, they won't win. People like the slender athletes.

Cena, Orton, and Edge are on top of the world right now but history isn't on their side. They won't win.

Randy Savage got to the finals last year, and got beat by the Undertaker. I think a lot of posters have buyers remorse for Savage going over Vader and making the finals. So I expect Savage to make the final 16, maybe the final 8, but not beyond that.

Finally, I expect one Japanese and one REALLY old school wrestler to make it shockingly deep into the tournament as research comes to light and more fans educate themselves.

And it's gonna be great.
No mention of Heavy Metal Van Hammer. You obviously don't know talent when you see it.

Rock out with Heavy Metal!

I'll be backing anyone that's not an obvious choice. That means no Undertaker, no Michaels, no Austin, no Flair, no Hogan, no Hart. That way, things get a lot more interesting.

Anti - Hogan FTW. I very much hope he doesn't win. Can I say Boring?

Shawn should win it, he should be the first ever Double WZ tournament winner - he definitely deserves it.

As has been said, support for Hart seems to be growing very quickly, I back him to be a finalist this year, as long as their aren't too many blind HBK fans who join as new members - they're probably Harts downfall.

Cena won't win, as much as support for him on the forum seems to have grown, he won't go over someone like the Undertaker or HBK.

No one cares abiout the Japanese wrestlers, hopefully they'll be out quite quickly.

It's basically between Hart, Hogan & Austin.

3 of the biggest names right there.

Hart - Possibly the best in the ring
Hogan - Biggest superstar ever
Austin - Led the Attitude Era/Biggest face ever

I'm backing Sting. 100% as well. New posters will probably not vote for him because of his stuff in TNA. But this is why I am here. To show them what Sting is all about. Although I fully expect Sting to make it far. I would also like to see Jeff Jarrett, HBK, Hogan, HHH, and Cena make it far as well. Which I am sure they will. Unless there is a hate train coming from all cylinders. Which there probably will be.

I see the Undertaker taking it all this time. Since it WM time all will remember the dominat 16-0 streak Taker has brought.

I didn't even put Austin in my top 75 (He came in at 77)...He was a great character, and I was a huge fan, but as Stone Cold, he didn't have nearly as much in the ring as a ton of other guys.

I'm thinking Bret wins it, but I'll probably push for some of the mid-range guys. Everyone likes an underdog

You can find the Heavy Metal Van Hammer HQ by clicking on my sig.

Let's see who he's up against first...I like an underdog, but I'm not going to root for a guy over someone that is far and away the better wrestler...

Let's see who he's up against first...I like an underdog, but I'm not going to root for a guy over someone that is far and away the better wrestler...

Then it sounds like supporting Jushin Liger would be the best choice for you. Given that many haven't heard of him, he is an extreme underdog. However, he's an exceptional wrestler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back