• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The [Official] House Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Барбоса

doesn't know REAL wrestling...
I thought maybe after five seasons that the adventures of Greg House might have started to get old and tired. Such a standard of acting and storytelling is very difficult to keep up over an 100 episode run but the last two episodes that have just aired here in the UK have been fantastic.

We are at least four weeks behind the US as we have only just returned from the mid-season break last week with the House/Wilson "closeted gay couple" angle and this week with the psychopath who couldn't feel emotions and House's feeling guilt over a past colleague he screwed over.

Not only has the storytelling and the chemistry, especially between House and Wilson, been stellar but the acting continues to be top notch. Hugh Laurie just seems to have been born to play House and you easily forget that he has the most English of English accents.

While it is for storyline purposes I would like to see more interaction between House and Cuddy. Lisa Edelstein is excellent and her trading back and forth with House is tremendous.

As well as the other secondary characters like Wilson, Chase, Foreman, Taub and 13, I think the casting department has done a great job in bringing together a great cast of patients, in particular the actress who portrayed the psychopath. I thought her transitions from loving wife to cold and calculating bitch were excellent as was the camera work and sound to suggest that we were now looking at a totally different person without anything really changing.

House is truly the only thing on TV that I actually look forward to watching.

I am so over this show. Which bugs me, as I once loved it. Seasons one to four were fantastic, and then it suddenly felt too over the top for me. Which is odd, seeing as it's always been a rather over the top show. However, at some point, the conversations being had and the logic that went into the relationships between some of the characters just became too convoluted for even I to bare. For example, the relationship between House and Wilson has gone from discussing the merits of Ron Livingston as a doctor in comparison to House (2.04) and nudging (or what is "nudging" in House land) at House's dependence on Wilson (ongoing theme, really) with light practical joking here and there to the absurd House-Wilson arch in "Moving the Chains" (6.13).

If anyone can justify such dangerous criminal behavior from one mate to another, I fear for your sanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back