The North Carolina Marriage Checklist

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
Are you interested in getting married in North Carolina, but unsure if you qualify? Use the following checklist to determine eligibility:

1) Are you so overweight McDonalds has refused you service? You can get married in North Carolina.

2) Are you so ignorant of modern day issues you think the word "politics" is what happens when a bunch of people each bring a different food dish to a meal? You can get married in North Carolina.

3) Do you refer to your freshman year of high school as the best three years of your life? You can get married in North Carolina.

4) Are you black, Asian, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, or in any other recognized minority? You can get married in North Carolina.

5) Are you a raging alcoholic and/or rampant drug abuser? You can get married in North Carolina.

6) Have you ever beaten your girlfriend because she refused to hold the TV antenna so you could watch Nascar? You can get married in North Carolina.

7) Are you trying to marry your first cousin? You can get married in North Carolina.

8) Have you ever sexually abused your children or someone else's children? You can get married in North Carolina.

9) Are you currently serving a life sentence for murdering another human being? You can get married in North Carolina.

10) Are you a man wanting to marry another man, or a woman wanting to marry another woman? Sorry, your kind simply aren't welcome here.

Hope that clears things up.

So if the other 9 categories couldn't get married that would make it ok?

I get the point you are trying to make, but the way your presenting it is wrong. Everyone deserves the right. Even the people listed above. No evidence is needed or clever posts.

It's hard to believe this is even an issue. I'm ashamed for our country.

Funny post tho.

4) Are you black, Asian, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, or in any other recognized minority? You can get married in North Carolina.

If it could get on the ballot, I wouldn't hold my breath for this one to stay legal.

Not a proud day for my state. The banning of gay marriage was bad but the ending of gay civil unions was absolutely heinous. Sad part is how most of the people voting didn't even know that was part of the amendment and how such a small amount of voters decide the fate of so many.

Yes. That's why I mentioned it as if I was being serious I would have said Lady Birds for that is their name.

The banning of gay marriage was bad but the ending of gay civil unions was absolutely heinous. Sad part is how most of the people voting didn't even know that was part of the amendment and how such a small amount of voters decide the fate of so many.

Are you sure the voters were that ignorant?

Wouldn't surprise me if preachers told their followers the past couple of Sundays to vote in favor of it out of spite.

Are you sure the voters were that ignorant?

Sure? No but it seems pretty likely. I never even knew that was part of it until recently myself. Most polling on the subject of civil unions suggested the majority of the population supported them, just like those polls showed that the majority did not support gay marriage. There were also a few polls showing a large percentage of people not knowing the civil unions were part of this amendment, even after voting for it in many cases. Hell, I think one of those polls showed that approximately 10 percent of people thought the amendment was for legalizing gay marriage. The ignorance factor doesn't excuse the turnout issue but it likely contributed to it.

I'm generally impressed with how sympathetic this board is to the homosexual plight. I don't know if that's the best term to use, but I can't think of another one (gay agenda?). It makes me optimistic for the future of this country. Maybe when my generation finally gets a chance of running things, we'll finally make gay marriage something you can do anywhere and everywhere.

Even Kansas, just to piss them off. In fact, we should make it mandatory, just to piss them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back