The Next Generation's Face

SJM12492

SAVE_US.Y2J
Okay, so in the 80's Hogan was the face of profesional wrestling, kids looked up to him and families everywhere were cheering him on. The reason why people liked him so much is because he was the real American hero, and I can respect that (even though i'm English).
During the 90's Stone Cold Steve Austin was the face of the attitude era and the 90's. Austin was a badass, sorry son of a bitch! He cared for no ones rules, not even the guy who would sign his checks. The reason why people loved him was because he represented the working class man. For every guy out there who wants to stunner their employer, fill his car with concrete and literally make him piss his pants. Who wouldn't wanna do that to his boss?
Currently when are in the 00's, and in my opinion, Cena has been the face of the company. Cena who is a guy who has more passion for this company then Madonna has face-lifts (oh no, he didn't!) Cena is a guy who would respect his audience and never back down from a challenge which results in him being a great role model for kids.
We are entering the 10's. So I put this to you guys... I don't really want to know who you want to be the new face, but what you think the new face shall represent. Passionate, inspiring, badass, hardcore, intense... What do you think?

Note: If you don't agree that the guys I've mentioned represent those generations proper, then try to keep it to yourself...

Note 2: I'm not saying that the person should be the face yet, but the past guys only really got the push half way through that generation...

the face of the next generation is around now, they will recycle these stars till they mkae the company some money. hbk has a better chance then some one new. the wwe is so stale now my bet the 2010 to 2020 the face is shano mac, he wins the world title becomes big ceo is involved everyday on raw as the new mr. mcmahon, nobody new has a shot.

The obvious choice is Punk considering it seems like he's getting pushed as the top face on SD. But the best thing for Punk, and hopefully the future for Punk is a heel turn.

So who does it fall back to then? Christian is too old to become the face of the generation, despite how over he is. Looking at the most over young guys, we have 2 with potential. Kofi and Bourne.
Kofi it appears doesn't have the mic skills. Evan Bourne is too short.

But why does it have to be someone who's a face now? Both Austin and Cena started as heels in the gimmick that launched them to superstardom. So at this point it could be anyone. But despite what people say, I am going to keep a very close eye on Ted Dibiase Jr.... It's obvious he's gonna be the member of the Legacy who goes far. We've yet to see him as a face, so who knows!?

One guy that comes to mind is John Morrison. Began as a heel, looks like there tryin to give him a face push. He has great mic skills, and his ring skills are unmatched by most. He would be my pick.

I dont mean to sound bitchy but CM Punk Is a OLDER age than John Cena, and i cant see Cena going anywere soon, so it would suggest Cena will still be the face over Punk.

I actually rekon Cena will proberly be the face leading into the 2010s as well, i cant see him leaving for a good 15+ Years yet. So the passionate style face is what i see leading us into the future.

I think Andy's right, I think Cena is going to be the face of the company well into the next decade.

3 simple letters. M...V...P... this guy has now got an amazing face persona, he is the US champion, by the end of the year should be a world champion, he is improving massively in ring and in his promos, his latest push could be a good thing for him and WWE. especially with him now in the public eye on the view.

MVP is like, 35 I think. He doesn't have enough left in him to be the face in the next decade. While I agree with you, he is very talented and he may have the tools to do it, I don't think he can physically do it.

MVP, hmm...being that he's 35, I can see him lasting prominently till...2018. HBK is still a great face, and he's mid 40s. >_>

Definately Cena. He's not going anywhere, I could see him being a major player for another 15 years honestly, he's a tank. He works harder than anyone else in the company and he thrives on it. Kennedy, Morrison, MVP and Punk will be huge stars in the next 10 years, but Cena will be the face of the company until he retires.

MVP, hmm...being that he's 35, I can see him lasting prominently till...2018. HBK is still a great face, and he's mid 40s. >_>

You can't compare MVP to HBK, HBK is on a much higher level than MVP, one that very few people will ever reach. In addition to the fact that he's not HBK, he has heart problems, which will surely shorten his WWE career by a few years. While I'm sure MVP will make an impact in the 2010's, I don't think he can be the face of the company.

john cena will not be face of wwe until he retires.

as for who will be the leader of the next generation, ide either have to go with jack swagger or someone who has not even debuted yet,

only problem to me with jack swagger is, is the fact that he has a lisp, and being the main face is hard with a lisp

One guy that comes to mind is John Morrison. Began as a heel, looks like there tryin to give him a face push. He has great mic skills, and his ring skills are unmatched by most. He would be my pick.

Morrison's mic skills are awful. It's like he's reading from a cue card. My pick would be John Cena. He's nowhere near as big as Hogan or Austin,but he's the one guy people think of when you talk about wrestling.

The next big face of the new generation can only be one man...

"Addicted To Love" Rhett Titus.

Need I say anything more.

Cena will be the big face. He's too big right now, brings in too much money, and there isn't another face persona established enough for them to kill off cena right now. He still has a lot left in him. I see a heel turn, then another face turn, making him kind of a "super face"

as for who i think is on the back burner for spotlight face. Jeff Hardy. Yea, he's getting up there, but i think he could be a face. he could do the whole "after every thing i've been through, i still come out here every week, and i still give it my all, for the fans" line. i dunno, just my thoughts though.

The next big face of the new generation can only be one man...

"Addicted To Love" Rhett Titus.

Need I say anything more.

BAHAHhaha!! Awesome!

If they do it right... CM Punk has what it takes to be one of the best heels of all time. Jeff and IMO with even more potential as a great heel is Matt. Orton will have a long run as will Cena and a whole host of others. I don't think its a matter of the talent being there - none of them have a good enough gimmick to story.

If Austin had never come up with the Stone Cold gimmick and was given the freedom to run with it and eventually just go around attacking the entire WWF locker room looking like a cool loose-cannon who just didn't give a shit about anyone but himself he never would have become as big as he did.

I think the WWE is really high on CM Punk as he is the youngest triple crown winner. Also, Cena, and Orton are going to be around awhile. Jeff Hardy is young still, but leaving. My dark horse is Ted Dibiase. I think he has the tools to be something special if he branches out on his own.

i'm not to sure about the next face as in babyface of the wwe, but my guess would be Cena, unless every year he gets "injured" and does another movie...no disrespect.

but the next Face of WWE i would say Randy Orton, he's got the next Stone Cold Steve Austin in him, he's heel but PLENTY of fans still cheer him on.he will be the main guy for a longgg longgg time, that is once HHH comes back and decides he can't give someone else the spot light (SELFISH!!!)

Cena. He's not going anywhere, and is still young. Nobody can hold a candle to his drawing ability. There's other young talent like Kennedy, Punk, MVP, Matt Hardy, Christian, etc that could step up into the main event scene. But that's it. Cena will be the face of the company as long as he's around and people still care.

As for Orton and his "plenty of fans", that's hilarious. Orton gets cheered by small groups of idiotic smarks, nothing more. His reactions are big heel heat for the most part, other times people don't care.

for him to become this though, his character needs a complete overhaul. i never thought Hunter Hearst Helmsley would last more than a year, so anything can happen ya know..im warming up to Morrison tho, he has some serious talent in there and he can def use the mic, he just has no real gimmick that stands out and his ring gear is atrocious.

CM Punk would be ok, but he has to do somethign that makes him stand out. to me he's just the top of the jobbers or something, he just doesnt seem like anything special. i mean if he's dropping matches to an over the hill Kane, what is he reallly? plus his finising move is a joke, the go to sleep or whatever they say, it looks like he ran out of ideas once he got the guy to his shoulder. i still think he has talent and his character is likeable in a different way than most WWE talents..

if they build up the Swagger Jacker anygood he might be the guy in the next 8 years, he has ALOT of work to do tho, i dont really see it happening. he has a good physical build tho so i'd at least like to see him near a main event, maybe upper mid card one day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back