• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The next Flair?

Sivsyboi

Pre-Show Stalwart
I was watching Smackdown this week, and realised that Ziggler has great talent, decent mic skills and has the same sort of hair as Flair. He also plays a great heel. So, I'm wondering if you guys think the same or if I'm a raving lunatic. Insults welcome.

So I have to guess who the hell are you talking about, right? Its kind of obvious is Khali... oh... wait... Ziggler!

Yeah, he looks similar to Ric Flair. Altought I don't want to curse him that bad. Ok, Flair won it 16 times, how many did he book himself? Oh, just forget it.

They look similar, inside the ring nothing in Ziggler shouts Flair, so, I guess you're wrong. He wont be Flair, there wont by any other Flair in Pro Wrestling, thank god, remember Reid? Or maybe David... they were great, weren't they?

I dunno who you're talking about but this is ******ed. Sure, people take inspiration, but generally the "greats" have never really tried to be anything other than themselves - Hogan, Flair, Austin, Rock, Hart, HBK - all those guys weren't trying to be the "next someone" - the only guy who got succesful out of doing that of the top of my head is HHH...

I grew up watching Ric Flair in the 80's in the NWA, and am well aware of everything Flair accomplished in the 70's as well (the decade I was born in). So I saw Flair in his prime - 1st hand - and do remember how great he really was. It's unfortunate for those who only have Vince's half-truths he calls DVDs or only saw Flair when he was a washed-up bum. But I remember 'The Man' when he was (to quote Flair) "The best thing goin' on today!"

Let me answer this as simple as possible.

There will never be another Michael Jordan.
There will never be another Michael Jackson.
There will never be another Mohammad Ali.
There will never be another Hank Aaron.
There will never be another Willie Mays.
There will never be another Wayne Gretsky.
There will never be another Mario Lemeuix.
There will never be another Bill Gates.
There will never be another Lou Thesz.
There will never be another Sam Walton.
There will never be another Bill Cosby.
There will never be another Frank Sanatra.
There will never be another Magic Johnson.
There will never be another Sting (the wrestler, not the singer).

And there will never be another Ric Flair.

As Flair told Hogan at "Bash At The Beach 1994", "Greatness only passes by once in a lifetime".

Whoooooooooooo! :flair:

I grew up watching Ric Flair in the 80's in the NWA, and am well aware of everything Flair accomplished in the 70's as well (the decade I was born in). So I saw Flair in his prime - 1st hand - and do remember how great he really was. It's unfortunate for those who only have Vince's half-truths he calls DVDs or only saw Flair when he was a washed-up bum. But I remember 'The Man' when he was (to quote Flair) "The best thing goin' on today!"

Let me answer this as simple as possible.

There will never be another Michael Jordan.
There will never be another Michael Jackson.
There will never be another Mohammad Ali.
There will never be another Hank Aaron.
There will never be another Willie Mays.
There will never be another Wayne Gretsky.
There will never be another Mario Lemeuix.
There will never be another Bill Gates.
There will never be another Lou Thesz.
There will never be another Sam Walton.
There will never be another Bill Cosby.
There will never be another Frank Sanatra.
There will never be another Magic Johnson.
There will never be another Sting (the wrestler, not the singer).

And there will never be another Ric Flair.

As Flair told Hogan at "Bash At The Beach 1994", "Greatness only passes by once in a lifetime".

Whoooooooooooo! :flair:
Altought I dont want another Ric Flair, at least not as a person. They said the same thing about Hulk Hogan and John Cena is the second coming of the Hulkster.

There are kinds of wrestlers that can be recreated, Hogan is one of them, Flair isn't. Inside the ring he was great, outside the ring, the reports say otherwise.

They tried to create another Flair with his son and it did nothing good for both.

I think it's a bit early to look at this guy as the next Flair yet. Flair wrestled for years on national TV to get to the level of respect he has. To put the next Flair moniker on anyone at this stage in thier career is silly and grossly unfair.

O.k so Ziggler has hair that kinda looks like Flair's. And he has pretty good mic and in-ring skills. But tell me what does that prove? TBK had almost the same theme song with Paul London, as HBK had with Marty Janetty, TBK kinda even looked like HBK, TBK even had a big strong body gaurd like HBK, TBK has great in-ring skills, and good mic skills, just like HBK, but is he the next HBK, NO! Look at him right now, actually look at his career! For all we know Ziggler might get realeased tomorrow!

First off, ive been reading these forums for months and finally got the balls to write on here.

That being said, there will never be another Flair. In the same breathe there will never be another Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods. Only thing i could ever see coming close was Christian 10 years ago. The guy is cocky, great on the mic, good worker. Id think if Christian were to debut today, than he would be the closest thing to the next nature boy. Ziggler is slowly growing on me, but than again, so is old age, so take that for what its worth.

Could Ziggler be another Flair? It is too soon to see if he will be one. People will say that there can't be another Flair, so I ask why not. Ziggler looks like another Flair (maybe) but only time will tell.

Although I am becoming a big Ziggler fan, I don't think he is the next ric flair. As a dude I am having a hard time to admit that I only started to pay attention to Zig's when he started growing his hair. He just looks more serious. If I were to compare him to anybody, and I have :), it would be Mr. Perfect. They even have his entrance music repeat over and over that he is "perfection". Time will tell but I think that is the angle they are taking.

Ziggler is good thats all I can say now. With edge being gone a opening is there for ziggler who beat kahli so he could be in a fued with mysterio or cm punk. He has the tallent and the skills but does he have the longevity. Flair was awalys lucky and in the right place at the right time. You need luck to have as many championships as him. Because more skilled wrestlers only have one to two titles under there belt. Mamby ziggler feel on a little luck recently and might get a championship shot soon. Who knows. One thing is certain he has the potential to acheive what flair did

Why does he need to be the "Next Flair"?

Why can’t he be the current and Future Dolph Ziggler?

Why does he or and other superstar need to be compared to other wrestlers?

Why can’t they make a name for themselves?

Why can’t they be able to grow without someone else’s shadow overcastting them?

So I hope that Dolph doesn’t become anything like Flair, I hope he makes his own path and doesn’t follow in anyone else’s footsteps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back