The New Tough Enough/Steve Austin

Am I the only one who believes landing Steve Austin (as the host) will most likely double the ratings of what this show would have done without him? Is he still that kind of draw (don't you dare say no!)? Will Raw see a bump due to having a great lead-in show?

I really believe that without his presence, this would be nothing more than another season of NXT. Am I wrong about this?

Oh bringing him in was a stroke of genius from the WWE. Like you said the ratings will likely double with Austin hosting. As for RAW's ratings going up...possibly for a brief period but necessarily for an extended period.

Oh bringing him in was a stroke of genius from the WWE. Like you said the ratings will likely double with Austin hosting. As for RAW's ratings going up...possibly for a brief period but necessarily for an extended period.

Yeah, I doubt anyone would say bringing Austin in was a bad move. I'm more curious about what kind of impact you guys actually think it will have.

Imagine if the rookies have to cut promo's like in NXT. Every time someone says something dumb Austin will be all over them with "WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?"

I wonder will this show stay to its original "shoot" roots i hope to god its not worked it should be like the ultimate fighter.

It should definitely get people to check it out. How long that will last if he is like when he was the host of raw is up for debate.

Even Austin has said as much. Basically that there isn't much room for the stone cold character in the new environment of the WWE.

There are a lot of characters that you can tone down and it doesn't matter much. As soon as you tone down stone cold the character is dead.

Even Austin has said as much. Basically that there isn't much room for the stone cold character in the new environment of the WWE.

There are a lot of characters that you can tone down and it doesn't matter much. As soon as you tone down stone cold the character is dead.

Totally disagree. He's done so much in the wrestling business, for so long, that it really doesn't matter anymore. Just showing up once a year is enough for a giant mark out moment.

I think if you get eliminated from this new Tough Enough, you have to take a finisher from one of the WWE stars... like a Stunner from Austin...or Pedigree from HHH, or AA from Cena, or STFU, or Wasteland, or Chokeslam from Big Show, etc... as meaning "You're a loser"

I agree nick but is this show coming on once a year?

Once you go each week it doesn't work and then the once a year opportunity is gone.

I agree nick but is this show coming on once a year?

Once you go each week it doesn't work and then the once a year opportunity is gone.

I still think you're totally missing the point. We're not talking about The Big Show. We're not talking about Kane. We're not talking about Dusty Rhodes, Kevin Nash, or any other main event-level guy here. We're talking about Steve Austin. The second biggest name in the history of pro wrestling. His act doesn't get old, no matter how watered down he may be.

Except his entire act is predicated on not being toned down at all.

If there is anyone dumb enough to believe Steve Austin was going to run around the Tough Enough house (or whatever it is) drinking beer, cursing and Stunning everyone, I would be absolutely amazed. He's the host of a reality show, and he's most definitely still a draw. There's really nothing else to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back