The Movie Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Predator,
The Running Man

Both in the same year if I'm not mistaken.

Who is the actor who's movies have generated the most money?

(Bonus points if you can find out what the amount is).

I know it used to be and would still be for adjust films: Harrison Ford. He had the Indiana Jones Trilogy and Star Wars trilogy, that's a nice head start.

I think now it has to be the no talent hack Orlando Bloom: The Lord of the Rings and Pirates Trilogy, good god. That alone is close to 2 Billion Dollars Domestically, and at least another 1.5 Billion Worldwide. I'll wait and see if I'm right before posting a new one.

Prax: You're also forgetting Batman and Robin, Ventura was a security guard in Freeze's Chamber. I know it's easy to forget Batman and Robin, as I try to do every day of my life, Holy Bat Nipples Batman!!!

Damnit Shock I wanted my 1000th post to be special but I guess this'll have to do (punking you out). Thanks for the B&R reference though, I woulda never remembered that.

But you're way off on the highest grossing actor. Bloom isn't even on the list. Harrison Ford is #2.

Number one, ladies and gentlemen...

SAMUEL L. JACKSON.

That's right. It's not that he's been in so many incredibly high grossing movies, it's that he's been in so many movies period. he has twice as many movies as anyone else on the list pretty much, which is really impressive. I guess it's hard to count like Goodfellas for instance, because he was only in it for like a minute and barely even talked, but hey, I didn't make the list.

But looking at his movies, I get why you might forget him, other than Star Wars and Jurassic Park (heck, that's 4 top ten grossing movies though), he hasn't been in that many really high grossing films, but like I said, with him, it's quantity!

Harrison ford would probably be number 1 if we were looking for per movie grossage though. Actually he's only like 100 million underneath Jackson on the list. But Jackson's been the star of more films still, even though he's made double the films.

Full List:

Rank Actor # Starring Films Movies Total # of Movies
1 Samuel L. Jackson 33 $3,365,689,942 64
2 Harrison Ford 27 $3,230,893,589 33
3 Tom Hanks 30 $3,082,736,594 32
4 Eddie Murphy 30 $2,916,855,608 30
5 Tom Cruise 24 $2,358,062,667 26
6 Robin Williams 32 $2,279,143,735 41
7 Bruce Willis 37 $2,192,062,992 41
8 Gene Hackman 66 $2,185,440,116 78
9 Mel Gibson 33 $2,174,020,063 35
10 Robert De Niro 58 $2,140,298,921 64

Reactions: X
8 Mile and the wash.

What was the last film that Orson Welles appeared in?

That was going to be my next question. Five;

Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bill Goldberg, Kevin Nash, The Great Khali, and Bob Sapp.

A nice easy one for Jake...who was the first person to play Harvey Dent in the Batman films (starting from the 1989 movie)

And what year did Godzilla make his appearance?

EDIT JAKE: IMDB is Flamboys friend.

The first Godzilla was, i believe, titled "Godzilla" and was released in 1955.

Continuing the theme, when did Dracula first appear on the big screen?

correct, Godzilla's first appearance was 1954

1931 at a guess, there may be an earlier one but i remember seeing a 1921 version

Annette O'Toole plays Martha Kent in Smallville, but who did she play in the earlier superman movies?

Lana Lang, easy one that for any Superfan.

Keeping in theme, In the movie Catch Me If You Can, Leonardo whilst on the run takes on the fake name of which superhero secret identity?

What was the last movie John Candy acted in?

Jake you got that wrong, it was Wagons East.

The first Godzilla was, i believe, titled "Godzilla" and was released in 1955.

You were already corrected about it being released in 54. But, the title was NOT Godzilla, it was called Gojira.

and Catch Me If You Can was a real life story... Frank Abagnale Jr. assumed the identity of Barry Allen aka The Flash.

Who directed Nightmare Before Christmas?

5 - Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Corpse Bride.

and John Candy's last movie wasn't Wagons East either, it was Canadian Bacon.

Who, has appeared in more Bond movies then anyone else?

17 times actually. Desmond played Q in the Bond series. (The old guy who gives James all his gadgets)
Next question:

Al Pacino said this line in what movie?
'Fuck the fucking Diaz brothers!'

Scarface, absolute classic.

Dom Deluise plays Victor Prinzim and his Alter Ego is Captain Chaos in which film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back