The Most Ridiculous Match In TNA History?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Lucky for you I can't find it. But I'm on about Jeff Jarrett vs. Kevin Nash at Against All Odds 2005. It's an NWA.TNA Heavyweight Title match. It's from back in the day when Dusty Rhodes was having his ego boosted by having Trinity & Traci after him.

One of the rules which Dusty added to the match was that Jarrett couldn't use the guitar, other wise he'd be stripped of the belt. Not that he's ever really been allowed to use the guitar anyway, but still. How does Jarrett get around this? He uses a cello, only he doesn't, properly, because it breakes when he lifts it over his head.

Kip James interferes in the match, as does Sean Waltman. People are hit with every move and weapon around, bar a guitar of course, and both Nash & Jarrett kick out. Even out of belt shots. And everyone knows belts shots nearly bring you close to death. But not in this match, they both battle on. The only thing that puts Nash down? Two Strokes.

Did I mention that this wasn't a No DQ match?

At this time, TNA's main event was full of stips, even more ridiculous than they are now. This match epitomises this.

Rhodes should have been a great DoA but he frankly sucked as a figure of authority. Jarrett was coming off worse than HHH was in 2002 and Rhodes should have been trying to do everything in his power to get the belt off of him and the best that they (TNA) could was bring in Billy Gunn, X Pac, DDP and Nash to face him! This made his reign look like crap. It made TNA look like rubbish too.

Ironically this is about the time that I got into TNA. But that was due to the X Division and the tag teams.

I thought the AAO main event was very entertaining. The thing about TNA back in the days were that referees were extremely lenient before they threw out a DQ.

Nah, that Blindfold match at Lockdown 07 was the worst. Competely pointless in the Harris-Storm feud. (But the Texas Deathmatch made up for that in Destination X 07)

Lucky for you I can't find it. But I'm on about Jeff Jarrett vs. Kevin Nash at Against All Odds 2005. It's an NWA.TNA Heavyweight Title match. It's from back in the day when Dusty Rhodes was having his ego boosted by having Trinity & Traci after him.

One of the rules which Dusty added to the match was that Jarrett couldn't use the guitar, other wise he'd be stripped of the belt. Not that he's ever really been allowed to use the guitar anyway, but still. How does Jarrett get around this? He uses a cello, only he doesn't, properly, because it breakes when he lifts it over his head.

Kip James interferes in the match, as does Sean Waltman. People are hit with every move and weapon around, bar a guitar of course, and both Nash & Jarrett kick out. Even out of belt shots. And everyone knows belts shots nearly bring you close to death. But not in this match, they both battle on. The only thing that puts Nash down? Two Strokes.

Did I mention that this wasn't a No DQ match?

I have this PPV on DVD somewhere, that was back when I enjoyed TNA, not so much for the ME scene but everything else, Jarrett's title reign at this time reminded me of JBL's, long and boring

Nah, that Blindfold match at Lockdown 07 was the worst. Competely pointless in the Harris-Storm feud. (But the Texas Deathmatch made up for that in Destination X 07)

I was waiting for somebody to mention it. Awful match. Not only was it pointless, but the hoods kept coming off. I also have no idea why it would be in a cage either, I guess so the blind wrestlers didn't fall out of the ring. Lockdown is stupid.

Same could be said for the Electrified Steel Cage match from the same show. The cage buzzed, they had a big power socket attached, the cage had tape on it because it was falling apart, wrestlers brushed passed the cage and didn't get shocked, Homicide had to pretend to be electrified. Terrible stuff.

Same could be said for the Electrified Steel Cage match from the same show. The cage buzzed, they had a big power socket attached, the cage had tape on it because it was falling apart, wrestlers brushed passed the cage and didn't get shocked, Homicide had to pretend to be electrified. Terrible stuff.

Darn, you took the match I was going to say. The only way that an electrified cage match would have worked would have been if they could have an actual small current running through the cage for realness when people touched it, so that it wouldn't look so fake. I mean you can only act so much in a situation like this without some assistance.

Other than that, I would have to say that the Ultimate X match where the "X" kept falling down was probably right up there with terrible matches. Yeah., this match could have turned itself around wrestling-wise, but it when the X fell down and Petey Williams got it to end the match, that was the point at which it became a terrible match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back