The most idiotic post ever?

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is in the thread regarding France and how they may move to ban the Burqa.

I am totally against its ban - but just so this doesn't become a liberal-hippy-commune, I'll try and throw some other arguments out there.

When you go into a petrol station, motorcyclists are forced to take their helmets of for security reasons. Why should the Burqa be exempt from this- it is equally as restrictive in identifying someone, and so shouldn't it be subject to the same rules?

I just cannot believe this.

Come on man, I have heard WAY worse. Disagree if you want, but I have heard way more ignorant comments than that.

The comments in the Michael Jackson thread were arguably worse.

Oh yeah, forgot all about that. You know, we should have an "[Official] Idiotic Post Thread". That could be endless lulz.

******ed thread. It was hardly a stupid comment and is an argument that is of real value in a society (UK for me) that has underlying racial/religious tension and rules that do in fact allow for the situation I detailed to occur. If you actually read my post, you would have seen I think an outright ban as outlined by Sarkozy is undesirable - but to bury your head in the sand and fail to even acknowledge that there is a real debate to be had on the more specific issue I raised is more "idiotic" than what I actually said tbh.

See what you did Lee? Now DIAR is sad thanks to you Lee. Just come over here and I'll make it all better DIAR.

It's okay DIAR. It's Okay. We'll eliminite him later. For now let me make you a cup of hot chocolate so you can feel warm inside and give you a nice massage so you're relaxed and rested for when we eliminate Lee.

Its really not that dumb. We make the Iraqi and Afgahni militants remove theirs for the exact same reason, when dealing with them.

Its really not that dumb. We make the Iraqi and Afgahni militants remove theirs for the exact same reason, when dealing with them.

The key word being militants. France want to make it that innocent people can't even wear it in their own home. How is that not dumb!?

the dudes post was comparing it to the same reason they make motorcyclists remove their helmets, for security purposes. and then was called stupid, for that. Its not that stupid.

It's okay DIAR. It's Okay. We'll eliminite him later. For now let me make you a cup of hot chocolate so you can feel warm inside and give you a nice massage so you're relaxed and rested for when we eliminate Lee.
Can you call Becca...

the dudes post was comparing it to the same reason they make motorcyclists remove their helmets, for security purposes. and then was called stupid, for that. Its not that stupid.

It wouldn't be stupid if those two situations were in any way similiar. Which they aren't.

I get that the guy is just trying to look at it from a different viewpoint, but comparing not being able to wear a Spiderman mask in an airport to not being able to wear a burqa in your own home is pretty fuckin' stupid if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back