• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Monster Returns; Will/Should He Stick Around?

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
1378334_472222766223938_237786350_n.jpg

After an injury left Joe Park bleeding at some unseen moment during the pre-show, Bad Influence appeared at the main show demanding justice for their "unjust" elimination. They got a long lost monster with an attitude instead.

Abyss was last seen the Impact following Slammiversary claiming he was taking the now defunct World TV Championship "down to the abyss with him." It did not follow him back out. But more to the point, the last time Abyss appeared it was for a couple of shows only. Is he sticking around this time? Should he stick around this time? What about Joseph Park?

At this point, I don't care about Joseph Park. The joke isn't that funny anymore. Personally, I'd rather see Abyss back and feud with the Bad Influence.

I hope he sticks around and he should stick around. Long story short Abyss is awesome and Joseph Park sucks I never found it entertaining except at the beginning when it looked like he was gonna find out they were the same person and he has split personality. If you remember or saw it in the first place I made a thread a few weeks ago calling for the return of Abyss so I am ecstatic about this return but if he doesn't stick around or do anything noteworthy, it will be another disappointment to my already disappointing fandom of Wrestling lately.

The Joe Park thing has run its course IMO. Abyss isn't my favorite wrestler, but he makes for a good monster, so seeing him back full time is alright with me. Besides, doesn't he have some unfinished business with Bully Ray? That's a feud I'd like to see rehashed.

I really hope Abyss's Bound for Glory appearance is the start of TNA wrapping up the Joseph Parks/Abyss storyline. Just like the Aces and Eights, this story has been allowed to go on far to long and While it did prove that Chris is far better on the mic then what people gave him credit for, there really is nowhere else for them to take the Joseph Parks character and now is the time for the Monster Abyss to return. Also Chris has only used the Abyss character a couple of times since Joseph parks debuted, So many of the feuds that Abyss will enter into will fell fresh and new.

Joseph parker should be written out, like you said the joke is not funny anymore, im done with the whole lawyer wrestler gimmick, didn't we already see a otunga for year's in the wwe do on this gimmick? does tna always have to do what wwe is doing? abyss is the best heel in tna history, i would love to see abyss back in the main event picture, i want my old tna back, and less of this "impact wresling"

Joseph parker should be written out, like you said the joke is not funny anymore, im done with the whole lawyer wrestler gimmick, didn't we already see a otunga for year's in the wwe do on this gimmick? does tna always have to do what wwe is doing? abyss is the best heel in tna history, i would love to see abyss back in the main event picture, i want my old tna back, and less of this "impact wresling"

The WWE copies TNA too occasionally.

Anyhow, personally I don't expect Abyss to stick around, and that guess is based on the fact that he's been making cameo appearances for the past two years now, so I have no reason to expect him to stick around this time. But I'd like to see him stick around and I'd really like to see them acknowledge some sort of conclusion to the Park/Abyss storyline, whether it's Park talking to Abyss (it's 2013, so they can do some sort of CGI effect to have them talk face to face) or have Eric Young tell Park that he's Abyss. I'm not sure how they'd be able to explain Abyss turning into Joseph Park, however :confused:

Neither one of them intrigues me at this point. At least with Joseph Park you get some decent comedy out of it every week, but I haven't cared for anything Abyss has done in years, and frankly, never really cared for him to begin with. I think the last real feud he had that I had a vested interest in was his program with Sting with the whole ridiculous "Chris Parks" the mental patient stuff. It was compelling, even if it was a little absurd. He's a shell of the Abyss character that cut his teeth in TNA with Father James Mitchell, which is why I just can't find it in me to really get up for anything he's doing. It's why I found the Joseph Park character so intriguing to begin with. It was literally the polar opposite of what Chris Parks/Abyss had been.

I don't think their should be a Joe Park just vanishing story, we should get a decent end to the story maybe give it 1 more month, do some random shit and then have Abyss come back full time.

He needs to return, but somehow, they need to work James Mitchell back into the equation. If they are going to have Joseph "Revert" back to Chris and Abyss, have him revert completely to the Monster he was in the beginning where he really didn't talk much and just destroyed everything. That would be fresh to the newer fans and nostalgic to the older fans. Good days if they do that. If they just keep him in character to what he was before, they need to take Abyss to a nasty level where he is downright Evil, just none of that Janice BS. It's just too much. Destroy everything in your path, but do it without the ridiculous 2 X 4. I'll admit, I marked out a bit seeing Abyss, I just hope there's a commitment to the character returning and that this isn't just a thing where he came in and is gone again for however long he's gone and they decide to dust him off for a one off again. Wanna' make a big statement, have him be the one that finally finishes off Aces & Eights. End it with a bang.

He needs to return, but somehow, they need to work James Mitchell back into the equation. If they are going to have Joseph "Revert" back to Chris and Abyss, have him revert completely to the Monster he was in the beginning where he really didn't talk much and just destroyed everything. That would be fresh to the newer fans and nostalgic to the older fans. Good days if they do that. If they just keep him in character to what he was before, they need to take Abyss to a nasty level where he is downright Evil, just none of that Janice BS. It's just too much. Destroy everything in your path, but do it without the ridiculous 2 X 4. I'll admit, I marked out a bit seeing Abyss, I just hope there's a commitment to the character returning and that this isn't just a thing where he came in and is gone again for however long he's gone and they decide to dust him off for a one off again. Wanna' make a big statement, have him be the one that finally finishes off Aces & Eights. End it with a bang.

Yes! Everything said here is absolutely true. Abyss can't come back the same way. He needs to take it to another level. No more comedy acts...just go out there and destroy. Grow a beard, change your mask, reach down for something deeper. Become darker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back