The Moment that made you go "WTF!!" Part 1- Shawn Michaels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tors Hall Rule

Straight Hedge(HOG)
A new series from me (theme music series shall continue) the title being self-explanatory.. My first pick is the Heart Break Kid, The Show Stopper, The Legendary SHAWN MICHAELS..

He is arguably one of the best in ring performers ever in the history of Sports Entertainment and has headlined events and created stories like anyone..

So, which was the moment in his career that made you go WHAT THE FUCK!! This didn't happen, did it..

For my part I have to go with this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AuDg4cs4oQ

Now my apologies, I am not familiar with Michaels history before 1995.. So I have to be little bit biased here.. There were many moments to choose from.. Yet this one came up just for the sake of hilarity.. I guffawed like mad when the bell gonged and BOOM!! Sweet Chin Music to Triple H..

That of course is my opinion.. What's your take??

Again, if you like the series and want it to continue, give me a HELL YEAH!!

The ending of RAW when he Sweet Chinned Music Hogan. It really was a wtf moment. Had the audience in shock and awe. One of the top 50 WWE shocking moments.

The biggest WTF moment in Shawn Michaels career will always be Montreal - the Screwjob. I remember seeing that match live and I knew it wasn't really supposed to end that way. I felt ripped off and wanted my money back.

The only real WTF moment I had with Michaels was when he kicked his partner Marty Jannetty in the face.

But I am also biased because of the following reason:

I was young and hadn't watched wrestling for that long, but I already loved the Rockers. This was the first heel turn I had ever witnessed, and I was shocked. Really angry. Flabbergasted.

Obviously I am a little more jaded now and it wouldn't have the same impact on me today. But back then it hit me so hard it gave me stomach pains.

From a more objective perspective:
The Montreal Screwjob hand down. Biggest controversy in wrestling history. Big time WTF moment even for a jaded fan.

For me it was his summerslam match with Hulk Hogan. He flopped around like a fish. He was trying to be cute knowing he was doing the job. I guess that was his way of getting back at Hogan. Totally not cool.

My HBK WTF moment was when he kicked Shelton Benjamin right out of the air. I had to rewind it over and over to believe it!

It was definitely the DX vs. John Cena opener at Survivor Series. When I first read this thread's title, that was the moment I thought of, but then the poster mentioned it before me. This has to be "one" of the biggest WTF moments of HBK's Career.

When he returned, without anyone expecting it, when randy orton was the wwe champion and he "would go to the back" to get triple h... then "sexy boy theme" sounded and he returned.

Definately when he kicked Janetty and threw him through the Barber Shop window that was really WTF, considering the era it was really over the top.

leading upto it, we knew there was tension between the Rockers but it seemed they were gonna make ammends and then BAM!!! nope time for HBK to arise and become Mr WrestleMania.
and the birth of the big swerves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCljiGVZ5fE

everything beyond that was just pure magic and full of HOLY SHIT moments.

Well I will get the obvious choices out of the way first. The heel turn on Jannetty at the barbershop, and when he kicked Hogan at the end of a Raw back in 2005. I knew during both of those moments something huge had just happened, and truly did wonder "did that just happen!?". There's also a positive example as well though. I legitimately marked out when he returned in late 2007 to feud with Orton after Cena got injured, so there's that too. It was a "did that just happen!?" moment, but of the positive variety because I totally did not see it coming and started a great feud too.

If it's about WTF?, I would say Hogan match at Summerslam, poor Hogan, HBK made a joke out of him, and he did it with class and dignity.

I mean I was sure the old bag is going to win, but I didn't know after such a brutal and hard fought match and all of bleeding and stuff, Shawn is gonna sell the big boot like that and I was going exactly WTF that moment. I still don't know what was HBK's purpose , but that is on helluva WTF moment.

Me it was when Sid powerbombed HBK after he was fired. The first thing i said was "holy-shit HBK is dead". I think it was that powerbomb that first injured HBK's back, before the whole casket incident at the first ever Hell in the Cell match against The Undertaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back