• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Model Endorsing Breeze

wrestler36

Championship Contender
It would be a nice little nostalgic thing if, and when Tyler Breeze gets called up to WWE, if Rick Martel appears during his promo videos and introduces Tyler, almost in a passing of the torch from one model generation to the next. Or even be his manager the first few months. It's obviously not going to be a 'game changer' or ratings booster, but fun for those who group up during Martel's model days. They could even come up with a storyline where Breeze eventually beats up Martel out of jealousy.

I came up with this idea when WZ posted an article about Breeze acknowledging his arrogance. It reminded me of Martel's 'Arrogance' cologne. Anyways, I hear Martel's doing just fine in real estate up in Canada and doesn't need wrestling. I just thought it would be a fun thing for WWE to do and to see Rick on TV for a short while.

I think that is a spiffing idea was always a fan off martle from his strike force days and it could also be a good way to lead up for his hof induction

I'm always in favor of stuff like this that bridges the gap, its fun for the older fans and introduced kids to legends, so when they see these guys on the network, or as a toy, or video game they have some context.

I thought it was great when Ted DiBiase Jr. had IRS and Virgil a few years back, and definitely would love to see it happen with Martel.

In my verdict, for few superstars you should let them bloom in their character on their own. Breeze is such a talent you don't need someone to hold his back or to pass the torch. Till now I've never seen any fault in his development into a Super Model. But there might be a dilemma in the backyard if they should keep his gimmick when he makes to the main roster.

Cheers!!

I'm not a fan of older wrestlers introducing newer wrestlers. It just sends the wrong message. "This new guy (Breeze) is good, but he needs a 59-year old retired wrestler who last competed here 20 years ago (Martel) to introduce him because he isn't good enough."

I think the match w/Liger tomorrow is gonna be Breeze's send off from NXT or close to it. He's been working house shows and though many disagree I believe his gimmick will translate to the main roster as long as he is vicious in the ring. As much as I was a fan of Rick Martel I don't see the point. The model gimmick is a loose tie for them as the characters themselves are quite different. The only interaction between the two that would do anything positive would be to maybe have Martel appear on RAW in Montreal (his hometown) and have Breeze come out, cut a promo on him and beat him up to draw some heat. Otherwise, don't see it being beneficial as Breeze doesn't need a mouthpiece, certainly not one that isn't a great talker. Martel was hilarious but Breeze's gimmick will be a tough enough sell on it's own and as I mentioned prior he needs the opportunity to excel in the ring to get over proper.

This kind of thing is a good idea when it's Bret Hart introducing Sami Zayn in Montreal or something similar. But nobody remembers who Rick Martel is. And Breeze is not the kind of character who would let someone else take some of his spotlight.

What makes the most sense if for Breeze to have some vignettes, then squash R-Truth on his debut.

I like the idea it would be great to see Martel back again even if it was only for a short time, Back in the day they used to use a lot of former wrestlers as managerial roles but that seems like a lost art in wrestling now.

As much as I was a fan of Rick Martel I don't see the point. The model gimmick is a loose tie for them as the characters themselves are quite different. The only interaction between the two that would do anything positive would be to maybe have Martel appear on RAW in Montreal (his hometown) and have Breeze come out, cut a promo on him and beat him up to draw some heat.

I agree with this. I think the characters of Breeze and Martel are quite different, and I don't really think having Rick as a mouthpiece is something Breeze needs- he's more than capable of talking on his own.

As Doctor Awesome mentioned, having Breeze beat up Martel during a show in Montreal could be a good way of getting some heat, giving Breeze the chance to get on the mic infront of the crowd but I don't think it would work in many other cities as the vast majority of the fans woun't be familiar with Rick Martel at all these days. It's not like he's a HOFer who appears regularly on TV like Piper and Dusty did. In Montreal a one-off appearance may work, but other than that leave Breeze on his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back