• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Missing Link Darren Young!

The Best At What I Do

and that's posting
Bahahahahahahahaha sorry I can't seem to stop laughing at the obvious implications there. Okay okay, so earlier tonight we saw the not so grand return of Sith Cena himself, Darren Young. He didn't accomplish much but he was prominently featured during the main event with his own (very flamboyant sounding) theme music. I'm not sure where this is going but he still has a score to settle with Nexus. So I'll ask you guys:

What do you think of Young's return? Where do you think this is going?

I would love to see another Darren Young vs Wade Barrett match. Their encounters on NXT were f'n awesome. Either they have fantastic chemistry or they really want to be the living hell out of each other. Though, Barrett is main event while Darren is not.

I like Darren. I think he is a great face who gets how to play his role. I don't think he is like the greatest thing since direct deposit, but I think he is better than a lot of the guys who have been squandering in mid-card hell for the past year or so.

I want this to lead to a formation of a face Nexus, made out of the NXT2 guys minus Kaval and Alex Riley. I seriously thought that this is where it was going. Young came out to some awesome theme music and when he called himself "The Missing Link" I seriously thought he was going to announce that he had put together his own group to take out Nexus.

If that doesn't happen, I foresee him trying to feud with each individual Nexus member. Maybe he'll try and destroy them once and for all and play a big part in the Cena v. Nexus story. Who knows?

Tonight, I actually saw something in Young. Maybe it was the music, or the clothes, but he really seemed to...fit. He had a spark I had never seen in him before. I hope he can keep this spark and that this storyline progresses well. I can't wait to see where it goes!

I thought Darren Young was clearly the worst person on the first season of NXT. The guy has a great physique, and that's about where the pluses stop. He showed no personality on that show, and his mic skills were generally awful. I saw nothing in his ring work that especially impressed me, so I don't really see what he's got going for him except for a potential feud with a guy who is already above his level.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see Young back with Nexus. They kinda lose a bit of their mystique with the diminished numbers they have right now, so I think a swerve that brings Young back into the fold may be coming.

I really hope that Darren Young succeeds. He has loads of potential and has all the tools to succeed. He has the look, he can talk pretty well on the mic, and he is alright in the ring. I don't see him main eventing, or posing a threat to Nexus, and I don't see the Team WWE guys forgiving him, but I think this could be a pretty decent angle. I see him attempting to destroy the Nexus from the inside by trying to convince the other Nexus members to leave and that they would just do the same to that person if they were in his position.

Really??? He is back. I thought for sure he was bound for FCW and would only return after a massive makeover and NXT was forgotten
But the Missing Link maybe he will come back with a bone club next week lol

I would love to see another Darren Young vs Wade Barrett match. Their encounters on NXT were f'n awesome. Either they have fantastic chemistry or they really want to be the living hell out of each other. Though, Barrett is main event while Darren is not.

I like Darren. I think he is a great face who gets how to play his role. I don't think he is like the greatest thing since direct deposit, but I think he is better than a lot of the guys who have been squandering in mid-card hell for the past year or so.

Hahaha, that Seriously made Laugh out Loud.
What would we do without Direct Deposit? Pick up our Checks.... pfffff

As for "Sith Cena" as I read someone refer to him as, I was thinking about him possibly Re-uniting with Percy Watson and
go back to being the South Beach Party Boys.
We could use a Tag Team, I guess. Not like it really matters anymore.

I don't necessarily think it will happen but it wouldn't surprise me to see him added to the Six Pack Challenge match at NOC. Remember, there are only five participants as of now. The fact that he was involved during the segment with the other five participants and recieved an RKO from Orton further adds to the possibility. Also if Nexus were to be pulling a swerve and he is still a member of the group, this would be the perfect time to implement it by having him help Barrett win the title at NOC.

When he first came out I thought he was going to introduce a face version of Nexus. Then I was a little surprised he was RKOed by Orton and that was the end of that at least for now. Maybe he will form a face group in the coming weeks. In my opinion it was a bad move to have him come out looking strong standing up against Barrett just to get laid out.

I think he may do well forming a group against Nexus. As long as he's booked better than he was tonight.

Well, first off this RAW was so much better than last week's RAW. Darren Young did seem to fit into Monday Night RAW tonight. I think he will stick around for a long time because he has the charisma, the talent, and that look minus the hair. Young will hopefully receive a decent push when this whole Nexus thing is done and maybe he will form a group or maybe he will not. I think he will be someone in the WWE and not fade away like Tarver, Slater, and Otunga.

Not much to say really. It adds to the Nexus storyline which is a good thing. This pretty much confirms that he will be involved in the PPV in one way or another come Night of Champions.

It seems almost as if those who tended to get their butts handed to them on season 1 of NXT are starting to come back and actually do something. As I recall Bryan and Young were the two that tended to have nothing go right for them. It would seem that the WWE is going to give them a try at getting something done.

The Missing Link thing...I could see it with him. If they decide to go with a primitive gimmick, they'd best be careful that it doesn't get construed as a racist thing, especially if they get him to "go tribal". Then again, the WWE got away with Tatanka for the longest time, so I guess it wouldn't be too much of a stretch. Then again, maybe I'm just looking too much into the name.

Its kinda odd that he was pulled from Nexus & then brought back as a single's competitor.I doubt its because he was the most talented member of Nexus:suspic: Its going to be interesting to see how he's used, mainly, how he's used against Nexus, or even if that confrontation will ever happen.It seems a bit stupid that he'd be the one who "brings Nexus down" when 7 of the greatest wrestlers of all time(uh expect for JoMo & Truth) couldn't do it.

I'm leaning more towards the Young+ Waston combo.

One thing I think we will see, is him team with"The White Darren Young" John Cena and form the tag team Ebony & Ivory. They will come out to the song with the same name.

...No for real, I think Darren Young will be put in some sort of faction with a few of the NXT season two guys. Either that or just fly solo for a while and keep getting his ass handed to him night after night. I did not see the point in him coming back last night just to get beat down.

Next week I hope he comes out looking like this...
link.jpg
...Talk about marking out.

I was hoping for him to be a Cena ruiner who pulled things like the Miz did mocking his raps and coming out in his gear, but with more emotion behind it. As Cena was the one that 'ruined' his career.

First thought was "What is that AWFUL theme?" then I saw Darren Young walking out, and I facepalmed.

I guess he'll be pushed into something against The Nexus, the return was awful though, hardly impacting either. But I guess it made sense, because he really didn't need to be the focal point of that situation.

I can't really imagine what is in store for Darren, nor do I really care about what will happen for the return. Overall Darren is interesting, but hardly enough to push him in the direction of what seems like a feud with The Nexus alongside with the main event guys.

The hope the point of bringing back Darren Young to cost Wade Barrett his match against Randy Orton was to establish him as a full-fledged face character and be apart of the line-up to take down the Nexus... not so much form another version of Nexus per se, but him teaming up with Percy Watson would be a great move for both guys. They could survive on their own but with the tag team division desperately needing something and Percy stating that the actions of Nexus were bad previously, the South Beach Party Boy reunion is a logical choice.

As for the missing link thing, I hope that's an over-looked concept and it was being apart of a promo that played on the words of why he was kicked out of the Nexus. I wouldn't know where he would fit with that gimmick, considering it implies going back a few years.

I sorts agree with LamaNamaneumi that he will form a tag team with his "half brother" what was it Cena said about his mother the night he beat Young?
The missing link thing can also be made to fit that scenario.
Brothers John & Darren instead of brothers BubbaRay & Deavon anyone?

I've always liked Darren. More than Bryan actually. His rivalry with CM Punk just had him grow on me and his in ring skills were amazing.

As for his return on Monday, I liked it... I found it to be in the right time. They gave him a few weeks to be forgotten and then he came back, excellent booking on WWE's part.

Where I see this going? I'm not entirely sure.. I will say that if Sheffield comes back, I want him to be out of the Nexus. Him, Darren, and Bryan can find two other members and make it nexus vs. "the missing links"

The Missing Link thing...I could see it with him. If they decide to go with a primitive gimmick, they'd best be careful that it doesn't get construed as a racist thing, especially if they get him to "go tribal". Then again, the WWE got away with Tatanka for the longest time, so I guess it wouldn't be too much of a stretch. Then again, maybe I'm just looking too much into the name.

^This!!!

Even though WWE has gotten away with some racist stuff in the past, I don't see them even attempting a troglodyte gimmick on a black man in the PG Era. I was laughing at the implication because that hair makes Young look a bit cavemanish to me and it seemed like a throwaway line since nothing else he was actually doing or wearing implied such a gimmick. If he were to begin playing the role of a neanderthal then I might get offended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back