The Ministry of Darkness was Horrible

therockiswwf

The voice of Michael Cole's headset
I always love how people say the Ministry of darkness was one of the greatest things ever. But I maybe the only one who actually remembers how the Ministry really was.

1. It started (Actually it started with the APA kidnapping Dennis Knight, aka Mideon [He was renamed Mideon during this], and then chaining him up. All the while a camera man stood there and watched Mideon scream for help. He was then taken to a mysterious leader that would end up being Taker) with Undertaker returning and cutting an awesome over the top promo and then cut Mideon open with a knife (he would later do that to Viscera as well).
The debut while over the top wasn't bad, its everything after this that it went downhill.
Fun Fact: Gillberg debuted on the same show that the Ministry of Darkness did.

2. The Undertaker then went to Vince's house and waited for Steph and Linda. While this was happening, Vince tried to call the police but the police thought this was just a storyline. Undertaker then kidnapped Steph and the whole thing went to hell. The announcers started to admit wrestling was fake and that Undertaker has started to believe that he was actually The Undertaker and not Mark Calloway. Shamrock then saved steph and started to call Undertaker by his real name.

3. Taker started to talk about a higher power and feuded with Austin. During this time, The higher power revealed himself to Austin but no one else knew who it was. So of course, Austin never said who it was until Vince revealed that he (Vince) was the higher power. Which made no sense and was stupid. Vince tried to explain to everything to Steph and Linda by saying he had to do this so that Austin wouldn't be champion anymore.

After this the Ministry just faded away.

Yet still to this day, I still see people talk about how great the Ministry was, when it actually plain sucked.

Police thought it was just a publicity stunt not storyline, & you left a shit load of details out

[youtube]1Q0JenIXQQg[/youtube]

Also the Black Wedding which was broken up by Austin. The shot of Austin staring at Vince and them having a moment for like 2 seconds is awesome.

Police thought it was just a publicity stunt not storyline, & you left a shit load of details out

[youtube]1Q0JenIXQQg[/youtube]
I was going off the top of my head. Also Taker's stuff with Austin was good but almost everything before that was complete crap.

My only question is how do you remember it better than me if you're only 16 now. That would have made you about 4 then. Maybe that's just a blemish on my memory and credit to yours though..

My only question is how do you remember it better than me if you're only 16 now. That would have made you about 4 then. Maybe that's just a blemish on my memory and credit to yours though..

I have the whole year of 1999 for the WWE on dvd (from ioffer. I got it because I was going to have surgery and needed stuff to do). I watched it a long time ago (like last year).

I'm glad someone else said it. The last thing the Undertaker ever should have done was lead a stable and answer to Vince McMahon. Yes it was a worse character move then Biker Taker. The cheesy crucifixions and sacrifices were to hard to defend as a Taker fan.

k, does anyone remeber how this led to the higher power crap which was ******ed... and their were rumors that the higher power would end up being either Austin... or a Faked his Death Owen back from the dead to get Revenge on Vince for his brother....

yes i know the rumor was morbid... but Vince did fake his death for a storyline... thank god reality stepped in with the beniot tragedy...

The Ministry was a really cool idea but having jobbers like Mideon and Viscera (although Vis looked terrifying) was a bad idea. It needed some bigger stars

and the whole idea of them being in cahoots with Vince was wank

k, does anyone remeber how this led to the higher power crap which was ******ed... and their were rumors that the higher power would end up being either Austin... or a Faked his Death Owen back from the dead to get Revenge on Vince for his brother....

yes i know the rumor was morbid... but Vince did fake his death for a storyline... thank god reality stepped in with the beniot tragedy...

Yeah so glad 3 people, one of them being a child, had to lose their lives so we wouldn't have to sit by and watch a stupid fictional storyline play out. Not like we could change the channel or just stop watching if we weren't happy with the Vince/fake death storyline. So yeah, thanks Benoit. Thanks for murdering your wife & child, & then killing yourself, & then dragging the entire wrestling industry through the mud as a result, cause god, I don't know what I would've done had I had to sit through a fake death storyline in wrestling.:rolleyes:

Yeah so glad 3 people, one of them being a child, had to lose their lives so we wouldn't have to sit by and watch a stupid fictional storyline play out. Not like we could change the channel or just stop watching if we weren't happy with the Vince/fake death storyline. So yeah, thanks Benoit. Thanks for murdering your wife & child, & then killing yourself, & then dragging the entire wrestling industry through the mud as a result, cause god, I don't know what I would've done had I had to sit through a fake death storyline in wrestling.:rolleyes:

have you ever heard of the concept of sarcasm?
and there were people in '99 that did belive the owen hart/higher power rumor.

I always loved the angle and the look.

Where the hell did Mideon's name transpire from?

Two weeks after Owen's death the higher power was revealed to be Vince. I don't think there was one sane person who thought it was Owen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back