• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Last Stand....F*ck you very much Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandrake

Dark Match Winner
This is it guys. I used to be a HUGE wrestling fan. Back when WCW was pushing WWF. The competition was great for wrestling fans. I would switch back and forth between Nitro and Raw, and Thunder and Smackdown. ECW was great as well. Something totally different from WCW and WWF. To me it was my favorite. But after Vince bought WCW and ECW. Things started to change. I don't think the WWF handled it very well. And I lost interest in what was happening. Vince mis-used already established talent like Goldberg and many others. To me, something that could of been GREAT turned into something very bad. The invasion angle was horrible, and I should of guessed vince would make WWF look like the best. After that i didn't watch any wwE programing. And one time last year there was nothing on and I turned to Raw for the first time in 2 years. To my surprise I caught the ECW One Night Stand PPV. I just couldn't believe it. I instantly got excited and when the PPV happened I ordered it. I enjoyed it very much. Brought back so many memories of good times for wrestling. Something that wasn't WWE. And then I went back to not watching any wrestling. Once again the same thing happened this year for ECW ONS. So i ordered it and enjoyed it SOOO much. What a great PPV it was. and I heard ECW was coming back and I got excited again. So I started watching a little Raw, and even Smackdown cuz I had no clue they were seperate from each other. Which to me is completely ******ed. And I watched the first ECW on Sci Fi and all my dreams were crushed. It was horrible. Now I'v gave it some time but I just don't see anything resembling what ECW was. NOTHING. it's complete crap. Everyone says if you don't like it then don't watch it. Well I am going back to not watching wrestling again. I'm done with it, and I'm very disapointed. Everyone thinks vince is a genius. But to me he's destroying wrestling. And you can tell by the ratings drops over the years. Wrestling sucks now a days. And it's because of Vince Mcmahon. So that's it, I dunno why I wrote this. Maybe to get it off my chest. But to me its stricly UFC now. Fuck this crap. Raw and smackdown equal 4 of the worste hours of television. Not even including ECW. just complete crap. So this is it. I'm am done

One thing that vince has done to hurt the concept is the fact that the wrestlers are limited in their move set. The extreme style of wrestling is removed. Secondly we have a situation where only one match has "extreme rules". Well you might as well bring back the hardcore belt. Vinnie is obviously missing the old ECW point.

I have tuned in to see what could have been great programming and i get a wwe mainevent and ECW guys jobbing to wwe guys. (test/bigshow) etc.

The thing is that its not ECW. There is nothing extreme about this no matter how many times joey styles chimes it out. I cant be brainwashed through repitition.

Keep your eyes out. There are other promotions that may bring what you want to see. ROH (ring of Honor) has some real wrestling. TNA definately has potential..... and remember.... these ECW guys have to go somewhere when it utterly fails.

I heard that paul heyman had lost creative power and it shows. When he had say we saw Sabu vs Mamaluke. Now we have a wwe invasion.

I am sorry. i cant support a wwe product because i am too old for it. I want to see wrestling. I want innovation. The restrictions on the wrestlers and the backstage politics prevent this. Rehashed ideas and unbelievable gimmicks dont cut it. My mind demands more.

The samoa spike is supposed to be a finisher? No. The canadian destroyer is a finisher. The product is compremised when you restrict the wrestling.

Second. You tell the crowd to keep the chants clean... you take away from what made ecw in the first place. Look at ONS 2006. That crowd made those matches great.

I guess i am not surprised. I didnt think he would know what to do with the brand. Its just another money maker for him.

A friend of mine, who was a huge ECW fan back in the day, watched it for the first time yesterday. I got a call from him right before the sabu match. He says

"What the f*ck is this shit? This is the new ECW? This isn't ECW!!!!" I told him, in a sad voice "I know man. Vince killed it. This is what it is."

Last nights show was horrible. I felt like I was watching a smackdown show. this is so far from what ECW was.

Follow my lead. Switch to TNA. I'll also be checking out ROH soon too, but getting access to it in the UK is very, very hard, especially as my wrestling tracker no longer works and I'm left without any downloads.

scarfo said:
Follow my lead. Switch to TNA. I'll also be checking out ROH soon too, but getting access to it in the UK is very, very hard, especially as my wrestling tracker no longer works and I'm left without any downloads.

Listen to this dude.Watch TNA! TNA! TNA!

Mandrake you don't have to leave wrestling cause the WWE fucked up, just switch to another promotion like TNA. don't leave wrestling just leave WWE!

Watch ROH, or TNA, they give real good wrestling not crappy storylines and sqaushes, and it might not be ECW (old school) but it's ceartinely better then the WWE currently.

ecw is just another raw or smackdown. ecw is completely demolished, including the fact that big show is the champion and theyre using wrestlers such as sandman, dreamer, justin credible, balls mahoney, and steven richards as jobbers. it's complete shit. they had sabu tap out to cena and lose to him. are you kidding me? sabu would never tap out or lose to a terrible wrestler like cena. 99% of the ecw and wwe wrestlers would kick cena's ass anyday of the week. Big Show challenging flair and taker made it completely worse and i didnt even bother watching the last two weeks. big show asking other wrestlers if they're extreme, hes not extreme at all. the new ECW is a complete joke and a disgrace to the old ecw.

he didnt even ask taker if he was extreme it was a WWE match with WWE rules

ROH runs tours and DVD sells...great DVDs get caught up with Paul London...who could be US champion is used right, CM Punk before WWEcw ruins him too.

Samoa Joe and Daniels....hell Bryan Danielson is pound for pound one of the best workers today.

No TV for ROH that I am aware of but being at a show is like being at an ECW event...the chants...the same people following like a cult.

Seriously.

jeremiah_young said:
Bryan Danielson is pound for pound one of the best workers today.

I agree completely and if you like tag-team wrestling, check out Aries & Strong or the Briscoe Bros.

If you're looking for great TNA DVD's check out The Best of Samoa Joe, The Best of A.J. Styles, and the best of the X-Division vol. 1.
As for ROH I only have a few but THE ERA OF HONOR BEGINS from February 2002 is incredible. It has an awesome match between Eddie Guerrero and Super Crazy and the main event is one of the best 3-way matches I've ever seen between Low-ki, American Dragon and Christopher Daniels.
Unscripted from September 2002 is great as well. It features a tag-team tournament and an awesome street fight between Paul London and Michael Shane.

Gotta love when there are already 5,915,314,289 threads like this already, and then someone starts up yet another one. I agree though. This new ECW is just another money maker for Vince. He never cared about the ECW product to begin with. He just wanted to make even more cash and sadly he is. Unless Paul E. is given COMPLETE control over booking, storylines etc this new ECW will be dead by September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back