• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The International Sensation - FSWWE Wallpaper

FSWWE

Championship Contender
I was at home with nothing to do and I thought about making a wallpaper, and for those who don't know I pretty much suck in the wallpaper creation, but I'm very proud of this one, is by far my favorite picture that I've made.

SinCaraWallpaper.jpg

The size is 1024px - 768px (my desktop size);
I've posted an Aztec or Mayan or whatever Pyramid in the BG, blended in a Radial Gradient going from light blue to black;
I've used some brushing in that image, especially behind Sin Cara and that Vector brushes behind the shapes;
The text was pretty much choose of the font and white color, I didn't want to ruin it with to much effects;
Some adjustments layers like Grandients, Brightness, Vibrance and a little bit of Gaussian.

It will really mean a lot to me if I can have your thoughts on this one.
Thank you

Simply great work. Nicely crafted wallpaper. I've tried to make wallpapers, but it never turned out quite this good.

I just have positive things to say about this. It flows and looks like a complete piece. Nice font, nice render, etc. I really think what you've done outside of Cara looks interesting.

If I must say something bad, it's that I'd like to see the contrast increased. Other than that, though, nice wallpaper.

You've heard the good, and here's the bad.

I'm not really liking the black lines coming out from Sin Cara. I really think making them white and giving Sin Cara a glow would have worked a lot better. I mean, when I think Sin Cara I think of radiance for some reason.

Also, I don't really like that he's not centered. He's just off enough to throw me.

However, everything else is nice. I like the background, I like the text, I like the idea, and I like Sin Cara. Good work.

You've heard the good, and here's the bad.

I'm not really liking the black lines coming out from Sin Cara. I really think making them white and giving Sin Cara a glow would have worked a lot better. I mean, when I think Sin Cara I think of radiance for some reason.

Also, I don't really like that he's not centered. He's just off enough to throw me.

However, everything else is nice. I like the background, I like the text, I like the idea, and I like Sin Cara. Good work.

Thanks a lot Doc for your feedback, however I think I need to defend some of my choices.
The reason I've made the black lines coming out from Sin Cara, is because the BG image the clouds were dark and I want to make it look like he was really part of the image and believe I tried what you said, it didn't fit because the BG image was darker.

About him not being in the center was my choice, I've learned that when we take a picture we don't necessarily need to make the render in the center, but moving a little bit to the side could make wonders.

But it is your taste and your preferences and I fully respect that :)
Thanks again to all of you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back