The Impact On The Road Stage Set

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
With the news that TNA is going on the road permanently and that they've ended their lease with Universal Studios, they'll be clearing out Soundstage 21 following their tapings of their "One Night Only" events in March. That means even the 'Tron set is being packed. Along with the current set of TV shows taking place in England and previous road tapings, I've become curious about how the stage will be set. Watching WWE's Attitude Era DVD, a comment on the rather large difference the change from the "RAW Letters" set to the first Titantron was made saying that it gave the show "the feeling of a major event. In contrast, despite the large crowds in the UK the set is.... Well, not even visible.

398373_10150594194494904_342687764903_8826803_996788834_n.jpg

That's the look we get. The wrestlers are followed from behind by cameramen as they walk to the ring. Not much glamor to it at all. Not to mention when we do get glimpses of it, it's just the house show set with a Tron on top that doesn't even show the wrestlers videos.

6834520293_043a798c63_z.jpg

To me, despite the large crowds and the huge display hanging from the ceiling, it kinda takes a bit of the glamor and epicness from the show to just come out of a curtain and saunter to the ring.

impact-wrestling.jpg

The Impact Zone set is compressed due to the size of the studio. Though once taken down there's room for stretching it's design for the larger venues. It's your standard wrestling set and it allows for the use of pyro and gimmick entrances. On the other hand, it's pretty overplayed.

TNA-Lockdown-2011-2.jpg

Though introduced at Bound For Glory "10/10/10", TNA presented a very unique set that looked like 3 curtains with a set of spotlights in the bottom. It could use the 3 "curtains" to display various things at once. For instance during BFG '10 when D' Angelo Dinero, Sting and Kevin Nash walked for their match, all 3 of their videos were playing simultaneously. During a show taped in South Carolina in 2011, one promoted the upcoming Victory Road PPV, the other showed the Impact logo and another was used as the "TV set". It's easily my favorite, though due to the rather sensitive screens used, the use of pyro was made impossible. Hopefully something that could be adjusted with a larger stage.

Slammiversary and BFG '12 employed a bigger 'Tron while Slammiversary used the searchlights, BFG used a smaller 'Tron and the elevated ramp being used in the UK tapings.

With all that said, how do you feel TNA should set up Impact Wrestling now that they are hitting the road?

The one at BFG 10/10/10 was the coolest entrance I've seen in all of wrestling. It was very unique looking. This is by far my favorite one TNA has come up with. Although I like it, it seems like it'd be very costly to set up each and every night.

The one used for the England taping's isn't all that bad either. The only thing I don't like about it, is the entrance ramp directly to the ring. Other then that, it looks completely fine.

I like the iMPACT! Zone setup. It has a good feel to it. Has a dark look to it. If the crowd wasn't so terrible it make it a very nice setup and probably the best on TV. Again, personal opinion there.

For me, the one they should use is between the England setup, or the iMPACT Zone, setup. Knowing TNA, maybe they might come up with something that isn't so costly but is something unique and awesome.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like the last couple of times that they did tapings from the road they used the stage setup used at Bound For Glory 2010.
This is a cool stage setup and the upside is that they already have it, instead of having to construct a new set.

The one that they use in England is plain and simple which is easy for transporting across the pond. The downside of that setup is the ramp. The ramp was cool back when WCW used it but now it's just bland.

Yea they have used the bound for glory 10 set on the road and I agree it looks great and is the best set they have! I personally hope they have a new set as it is a new era, but I'd rather them keep the bfg 10 set if the new set is just going to dissapoint. The worst thing about the England tapings is the set, but the crowd is awesome!

Yeah, I will agree that that set for the london tapings sucked! Part of the allure of wrestling or boxing or MMA is the entrance of the fighter. We have grown so accustomed to grand entrances that when we don't get one it truly takes away from the match. I really hope TNA gets it right when they go on the road and have a proper stage set up where we can enjoy the tron and the entrance rather than just a view of their back as they are walking to the ring. That was terrible and reaked of amature hour.

Yeah, I will agree that that set for the london tapings sucked! Part of the allure of wrestling or boxing or MMA is the entrance of the fighter. We have grown so accustomed to grand entrances that when we don't get one it truly takes away from the match. I really hope TNA gets it right when they go on the road and have a proper stage set up where we can enjoy the tron and the entrance rather than just a view of their back as they are walking to the ring. That was terrible and reaked of amature hour.

You aren't wrong about the London set, but the reasoning is very simple, it's not cost effective to travel with an entire stage/tron set-up across an ocean.

We can be sure that we will get a full stage on the road. With TNA clearing out the sound stage that served as the Impact Zone, it doesn't seem improbable that they could travel with that set. That would give them the pyro option that the other traveling set didn't provide, and set-up in an actual arena instead of a sound stage designed to look like an arena, it wouldn't have the same stale look.

I doubt that they have designed an "all-new" set, so the other options that likely exist are either the triple curtain set that Killjoy posted that was used when they last took Impact on the road or perhaps more likely the set from BFG, since that was the last time we saw a show out of the Impact Zone:

images

They definitely need to make sure that whatever set-up they go with they get it right though. Everything from the stage/tron, to the ramp, to the hard-camera angle, etc. Because that is going to be the very first thing that people survey when they first come on screen in Chicago. If its not perfect, or atleast damn close, the bitch and complain fest will begin near instantly.

With the news that TNA is going on the road permanently and that they've ended their lease with Universal Studios, they'll be clearing out Soundstage 21 following their tapings of their "One Night Only" events in March. That means even the 'Tron set is being packed. Along with the current set of TV shows taking place in England and previous road tapings, I've become curious about how the stage will be set. Watching WWE's Attitude Era DVD, a comment on the rather large difference the change from the "RAW Letters" set to the first Titantron was made saying that it gave the show "the feeling of a major event. In contrast, despite the large crowds in the UK the set is.... Well, not even visible.

398373_10150594194494904_342687764903_8826803_996788834_n.jpg

That's the look we get. The wrestlers are followed from behind by cameramen as they walk to the ring. Not much glamor to it at all. Not to mention when we do get glimpses of it, it's just the house show set with a Tron on top that doesn't even show the wrestlers videos.

6834520293_043a798c63_z.jpg

To me, despite the large crowds and the huge display hanging from the ceiling, it kinda takes a bit of the glamor and epicness from the show to just come out of a curtain and saunter to the ring.

impact-wrestling.jpg

The Impact Zone set is compressed due to the size of the studio. Though once taken down there's room for stretching it's design for the larger venues. It's your standard wrestling set and it allows for the use of pyro and gimmick entrances. On the other hand, it's pretty overplayed.

TNA-Lockdown-2011-2.jpg

Though introduced at Bound For Glory "10/10/10", TNA presented a very unique set that looked like 3 curtains with a set of spotlights in the bottom. It could use the 3 "curtains" to display various things at once. For instance during BFG '10 when D' Angelo Dinero, Sting and Kevin Nash walked for their match, all 3 of their videos were playing simultaneously. During a show taped in South Carolina in 2011, one promoted the upcoming Victory Road PPV, the other showed the Impact logo and another was used as the "TV set". It's easily my favorite, though due to the rather sensitive screens used, the use of pyro was made impossible. Hopefully something that could be adjusted with a larger stage.

Slammiversary and BFG '12 employed a bigger 'Tron while Slammiversary used the searchlights, BFG used a smaller 'Tron and the elevated ramp being used in the UK tapings.

With all that said, how do you feel TNA should set up Impact Wrestling now that they are hitting the road?

Great work bro...:worship:

anyways, for me the best would be if they take the whole IMPACT ZONE set and use it. Its a great set, it just look awful because of the lack of space in Sound-stage 21 of Universal Studios. It will give them the addition of pyro, and also the option of using other sets like the Slammiversary 2012 one, exclusively for the PPVs only. That would differentiate the Look between show and PPVs. But I have some feeling that they are going to use a completely new set. Cant wait to see that. :blush:

This is by far the best setup with that Dixitron. Its perfect having the row of stage lights be in 3 parts. So people can acutely walk up from the middle of the stage between the lights.Plus the row of steel on each side of the stage hanging in the air looks really interesting. All this stage needs is a Impact Wrestling sign hanging on top of each side of the screen on that row of steel. Having the screen in one part hanging above is great as well.

That being said i hope they use this exact set up ,But with like i said Impact Wrestling logo on each side of the screeen. Remember how WCW had the steel wcw logos.So bad as.

Having them rise up and down will be a pain for stage sets.

AvDVg2dCIAEQ2LB.jpg

I'd go with something akin to the BFG 10/10/10 set, although maybe not having three sections going up and down all the time. Just leave the big screens in place and have wrestlers enter from the side or underneath.

However, I could see TNA going for a level of simplicity to begin with. It costs alot to lug these sets around the country, so it wouldn't be unthinkable if they simply continued the trend from the UK tapings and focused on the in-ring action rather than big flashy sets.

Either way, I'm curious to know how Chicago looks.

I like the set they used for bound for glory 2010, I thought it was unique with the three screens and it also makes entrances alot more better in my opinion. If you look at EV2.0's entrance at the event i thought it was just epic :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back