The High School football thread.

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
Well, football season is creeping up upon us, and in the excitement of the lockout ending and the general aura of college football, people forget about the excitement on the local level. Now, it may not be widely viewed on a national level, but there is still plenty of excitement around the high school kids. It is usually a fun thing, to watch some football on Friday nights, and it can show incredibly competitive and fiery football and even showcase the future of football, depending on which kids move on to the next level. So, this is a place to discuss it. Do you like high school football? How is the local team in your area looking. Who are some of the top players or most impressive players in the nation, that could be making an impact upon reaching the next level? If you do follow the national rankings for high school football, how do you think the top teams are looking and who will emerge as the best? Discuss it all here.

In news in this area, a kid from Belpre Local High School, Erik Wadeker, is walking on to Akron this fall to play football. That is the only name going to any big colleges, but he was impressive in school.

The school I go to (and play for), Southern High School, is looking decent. We are coming off a disappointing 2-8 season, but hopes are high, as our league is down. On the schedule are two playoff teams from Ohio last year in Trimble and Symmes Valley, and the 2010 runner-ups in West Virginia Class Single A, Wahama. But, albeit the tough schedule, the rest of the teams are looking low, and we return a good 12-13 players. We will have 22-24 overall, which is small, but good for the size of our school. We have some experience from last year, but are still young, only having two seniors this coming season, and four juniors. The offense is a weak point, but the defense is looking good, especially the secondary and line. It's an uphill climb, but 5-5, 6-4, and possibly even 7-3 are realistic outlooks, and 7-3, or 6-4 and a conference championship are playoff worthy, so it will be interesting to see how we do.

I haven't really kept up on a national level, so I cannot be sure how things look. Some information there would be appreciated, and I'm sure it should be a great year of Friday Night football!

Wow you actually started one of these threads on high school football? You might as well start one on your high schools girls varsity soccer team. These are high school kids were talking about not professional paid athletes.

There's this dude at my school who's just getting out of jail who's sposed to be pretty good. Funny thing is he robbed my friend and that's why his ass was in jail.

Oh and there's like this other guy who's pretty good I guess, everyone else like sucks and shit. I actually don't know much about the team, they have breathalyzers at the game and the only way I'd ever go to one of those god awful games is if I were drunk as shit.

Who gives a fuck about High School football anyways?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back