The Hidden Potential of the WWE Network

Blade

"Original Blade"
As many of us know, tonight is supposedly the night that WWE finally unveils the WWE Network. Whether it's just a channel or a subscription service, we don't know yet. But while many are just thinking about the possible programmes and huge library of old footage, I'm thinking about how WWE could really use it to their advantage.

WWE, at the moment, own timeslots on other companies' networks. But now WWE will own their own network with freedom to do what they want. No restrictions. So what if they used it for angles? Vignettes? Actually enhancing their current programmes.

Let me give you an example. For those of you who don't know, indie wrestler Sami Callahan is down in NXT. His character is Soloman Crowe, who appears to be some kind of computer genius hacker, almost like a more Bond villain version of Anonymous. Now, imagine if you're watching WWE Classics or whatever. Imagine that suddenly, half way through a match, the feed cuts out. Solomon Crowe appears. He explains that he's hacked into the WWE Network to send a message: He's coming to take over WWE. How f'ing cool would that be?

Or, if they did a Nexus/nWo style angle where a group of rebellious wrestlers leave the WWE. They create their own federation, with it's own programming. They get, for instance, Ted Dibiase to fund it and they kayfabe hack into the WWE Network somehow and air their programming. The leader of the group comes out on the inaugural episode claiming that it's time that the fans had an alternative to the status-quo of WWE programming. Then the show gets taken down 24 or 48 hours later by the WWE. It would create some awesome buzz. More episodes from this new federation start popping up, and get taken down eventually by WWE, but the episodes "leak" onto the internet.
Eventually the group of rebels invade WWE.

I'm just saying, if WWE can think outside the box, they might see what an amazing resource the Network will be for creating angles.

The potential for the network is endless! I like the idea of 10 a month it is awesome at that price range.. You most definitely thought outside the box,sami callahan could most definitely do something like that.. Hack into the WWE network and say im coming to take over the WWE.. Now my question is can you do month to month or do you have to subscribe for like 4 months or so??

you need to commit for at east 6 months.

As for the network's potential I say great. I can see the Solomon Crowe idea work to WWE's advantage.

My only sore spot is that it is a subscription services (like Netflix/HuluPlus). For someone like me who is still not fully integrated in modern technology, I wished it was a cable channel to add to my service. I have the big screen tv, and as of now my XBOX Live is cancelled (lost a job). So I can't enjoy the Network like I'd want for now.

Hate looking at television shows/movies/wrestling on my phone or laptop.

The potential for the network is endless! I like the idea of 10 a month it is awesome at that price range.. You most definitely thought outside the box,sami callahan could most definitely do something like that.. Hack into the WWE network and say im coming to take over the WWE.. Now my question is can you do month to month or do you have to subscribe for like 4 months or so??

Pretty sure the fine print below on a small glimpse i seen during the conference said 6 month commitment required. I dont mind this really.

If they didnt require you paying for "x" months people would just sub for $10 pay per views and cancel each month after.

A 6 month minimum requirement that is the price of WM alone! Plus all the goodies you get with it,100,000 plus hours according to them,it is amazing.. That price alone is worth it... Plus all the old PPVs WCW content, ECW Content,NXT,legends roundtable the possibilities are endless!! Very true,I dont like the idea of having to look at my computer to view a PPV but for only 10 bones a month,not bad!! I do wish it was on Direct TV but,this is not a bad option!!

Raw and Smackdown pre and post show! WWE is really giving us the true inside look on how the business is run. With what there offering IMO you be insane not to watch on your laptop or gaming device.

Does anyone know if the service will be available for the uk & Ireland?

If so I would 100% subscribe to it. I think it's a great idea and also great value. I would be devastated if it was not available in Ireland.

Does anyone know if the service will be available for the uk & Ireland?

If so I would 100% subscribe to it. I think it's a great idea and also great value. I would be devastated if it was not available in Ireland.

If you own a ps3 or 360, Set a VPN service (it mask your ip address and think you're in US). Thats how ppl acccess US netflix oversea. Atleast thats the general idea. But a vpn will cost like 8$ per month

They list a bunch of countries referring to them as being added:

"Late 2014/Early 2015"

Or just do the illegal stuff.

Is it a coincidence that the service doesn't start until the day after the elimination chamber pay-per-view? If it's true that paper view will be included in this price but I'm not signing up until April 1. I'm really excited to see what they will do this channel. But there's no sense in missing out on two months with of pay per view

you need to commit for at east 6 months.

As for the network's potential I say great. I can see the Solomon Crowe idea work to WWE's advantage.

My only sore spot is that it is a subscription services (like Netflix/HuluPlus). For someone like me who is still not fully integrated in modern technology, I wished it was a cable channel to add to my service. I have the big screen tv, and as of now my XBOX Live is cancelled (lost a job). So I can't enjoy the Network like I'd want for now.

Hate looking at television shows/movies/wrestling on my phone or laptop.

Buy a five dollar HDMI cable, plug your laptop into your TV and voila, you can now watch it through your laptop onto your TV.

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389246540&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi

Will we have access to the old WWF Live Wire, Confidential, Shotgun Saturday, Sunday Night Heat, Jakked/Metal, TNT, Prime Time, Black Saturday, Superstars of Wrestling, The Main Event, Prime Time, and All Stars?

I want the old stuff because I loved the old under card stuff.

A 6 month minimum requirement that is the price of WM alone! Plus all the goodies you get with it,100,000 plus hours according to them,it is amazing.. That price alone is worth it... Plus all the old PPVs WCW content, ECW Content,NXT,legends roundtable the possibilities are endless!! Very true,I dont like the idea of having to look at my computer to view a PPV but for only 10 bones a month,not bad!! I do wish it was on Direct TV but,this is not a bad option!!

Raw and Smackdown pre and post show! WWE is really giving us the true inside look on how the business is run. With what there offering IMO you be insane not to watch on your laptop or gaming device.

You can hook a laptop up to almost any t.v.
Even if you don't have HDMI there are converters you can buy for the regular red/white/yellow av jacks.

Is it a coincidence that the service doesn't start until the day after the elimination chamber pay-per-view? If it's true that paper view will be included in this price but I'm not signing up until April 1. I'm really excited to see what they will do this channel. But there's no sense in missing out on two months with of pay per view

They mentioned something about launching it just in time for Wrestlemania.
Seems like a pretty good marketing ploy to me.
People who are going to buy Wrestlemania anyway probably figure it's a better idea to just order the network instead and then they're locked in for 6 months.

WWE probably gets more money that way because they don't have to worry about a cable company taking a cut of the profits.

I don't really know how that all works though so that's just speculation on my part.

Network looks awesome to me.

10 dollars a month for the PPV's and then all the old pay per views alone has me very interested.

No coincidence, John Cena announced the start date so that Wrestlemania 30 will be the first ppv to be streamed on the new service.
They didnt say if the ppvs will be available as they are to the overseas markets(Im in Australia) in current format whilst USA have it on the Network or not. I too only want to watch WWE programming on my big screen, not a phone or tablet, so will need to get versed in having it through the XBOX360maybe

The only bummer for me is having to wait so long for the UK launch. Other than that, the WWE Network looks amazing, especially with the price tag. It really is fantastic value.

I have to admit that the WWE Network looks FAR more promising under the format of being a streaming network, operating just like Netflix, than it once did. WWE avoids a ton of overhead and work that comes with running an actual, traditional network and the $10 a month for unlimited access to WWE programming, footage and the ppvs does sound like a great deal.

If you order WWE ppvs on a regular basis, then paying $10 a month and having access to all of them comes off as a no brainer. A standard WWE ppv runs about $45, with WrestleMania in the $60 to $65 range. WrestleMania XXX will be available on the network, I'm not sure if it'll be available for WM XXXI. If you order all 12 ppvs, it'd add about $550 to $600 to your cable/satellite bill on the year. Cable & Satellite bills are already through the friggin' roof, but the Network gives subscribers access to near limitless footage, various other shows and all the ppvs for a total of $120 a year. You're saving a lotta money and you're definitely getting a lot for $10 a month. You also have access via laptop, desktop, television, mobile devices, etc. I think all you have to do to access the content is to go to WWE.com. I know you go to WWE.com to sign up, which starts on February 24.

Will we have access to the old WWF Live Wire, Confidential, Shotgun Saturday, Sunday Night Heat, Jakked/Metal, TNT, Prime Time, Black Saturday, Superstars of Wrestling, The Main Event, Prime Time, and All Stars?

I want the old stuff because I loved the old under card stuff.

Yep, you'll be able to access all that stuff. It's why WWE ended it's Classics On-Demand service earlier this year. Basically, any bit of footage that WWE owns the rights to can be watched.

I noticed the way they worded things they kind of shy'd away from saying every single Raw, Smackdown, Nitro ever produced. They focused more on saying they have every single ppv ever. I hope they clarify this

I am VERY Excited for the launch of the network and gladly will pay $120 a year for this, GLADLY. I do not order any PPV's, maybe 1 every year or two on average so for me I like the PPV access but also the old WWE DVD and Raw, Smackdown adn Nitro footage, I am very much looking forward to this.

I am curious how they priced it at $9.99 and how many fans currently pay more than $120 a year for 3+ PPV's and will be paying LESS with this new model and getting so much more. How did they come up with $9.99 and decide to include live PPV's at that rate; I am pleasantly surprised.

Yep, you'll be able to access all that stuff. It's why WWE ended it's Classics On-Demand service earlier this year. Basically, any bit of footage that WWE owns the rights to can be watched.

So all of that stuff was on classics? That's insane, thank you so much. I have been looking for all of that stuff for years and now I finally get to watch them; I'm excited.

Paying $60 initially for the first 6 months isn't had when you factor in 6 months worth of PPVs. I'm assuming they are doing this to pay for the cost of WM30 and to keep customers around for at least 6 months instead of someone paying $10 and backing out after one month.

I'm hoping I can view this on my smart tv, which I believe they said would be available in the summer. With the basic android, iphone, anything with apps being able to use it once you sign up.

I MIGHT wait it out for awhile and see what people think of it. Usually big launches like this have a ton of bugs when they first come out. I might wait a month or 2, see what the reviews are, and then buy it.

The one thing I hope they do is let you start up where you left off on RAWS, SMACKDOWNS, etc. I'd like to be able to watch all of them as they came out on my own time.

will current ppvs example summerslam be available ondemand to watch the next day or do you have to watch ppvs live?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back