The greatest Smackdown match never told

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
The Best Of SmackDown DVD that came out last year and in one of the moments they mention TLC III.

The eight man match that included Chris Jericho & Chris Benoit (Tag Champs) Vs. Edge & Christian, The Hardyz, and The Dudley Boyz in early 2001 while Smackdown was on the now defunct UPN network.

They showed clips of the epic match between the teams. But there was no shot of Chris Benoit because, "you know". But in the middle of the match, Benoit tried to do a flying headbutt on (I forgot who). But missed! And co-Smackdown announncer Tazz had called down the medics from the backstage to come down ringside to help Benoit to the back for injuries.

But not five minutes later Chris Benoit came back ribs in hand! And helped partner Chris Jericho win the match and retain the belts. But we do not see that verison on the best of Smackdown DVD.

Fuck benoit. Fuck his legacy fuck everything about him. He doesn't deseve to be on the best of smackdown dvd. What he did was stupid and selfish. No one should make excuses. So I wouldn't blame wwe for not putting that match on the dvd. If you fast forward a bit on the dvd you'll see the real best match ever....that has nothing to do with benoit...Brock lesnar vs kurt angle in a 60 minute iron man match. This match beats the shawn michaels bret hart iron man match and that's saying something. This match made every true wrestling fan cream all up in there pants. The end was amazing. Both men couldn't even stand at rhe end. The end saw brock barling hanging in there and not tapping to the ankle lock. Greatest match ever.

What exactly is your point? You're not asking a question, your just making an obvious, redundant statement. Everybody knows the E tries to hide Beniot at all costs, but it's been a while don't you think? Nobody gives a shit anymore.

Well obviously they're not going to show Benoit on the DVD. They've totally removed all mention of him from WWE history. No company wants to be related to a murder, and the WWE is no different. Yes, this was a great match, but I'm fine with it not being included on the DVD.

Fuck benoit. Fuck his legacy fuck everything about him. He doesn't deseve to be on the best of smackdown dvd. What he did was stupid and selfish. No one should make excuses. So I wouldn't blame wwe for not putting that match on the dvd. If you fast forward a bit on the dvd you'll see the real best match ever....that has nothing to do with benoit...Brock lesnar vs kurt angle in a 60 minute iron man match. This match beats the shawn michaels bret hart iron man match and that's saying something. This match made every true wrestling fan cream all up in there pants. The end was amazing. Both men couldn't even stand at rhe end. The end saw brock barling hanging in there and not tapping to the ankle lock. Greatest match ever.

:rolleyes:

HHH/Rock beats both HBK/Hart and Lesnar/Angle just to get that out of the way.

I loved the TLC III match but my pick will have to be Lesnar vs. Benoit towards the end of 2003. I felt the only wrestler besides Angle that can bring out the best of Lesnar and it showed. I truly thought that they would give Benoit the title because I didn't see Lesnar holding it until Wrestlemania. Great match and that submission move Lesnar put on Benoit was just sick and needs to be brought back because it looked awesome.

ok i do agree with you that beniot should not be seen on this dvd, but when you say that ironman match beat the HBK-Hart match i have to respectively disagree. This match was ok at best i have seen much better matches, especially the hbk-hart match.

On to the topic, Beniot deserves to not be mentioned, and even if you wanted to see the whole match just go buy the ladder match DVD its on there

I loved the TLC III match but my pick will have to be Lesnar vs. Benoit towards the end of 2003. I felt the only wrestler besides Angle that can bring out the best of Lesnar and it showed. I truly thought that they would give Benoit the title because I didn't see Lesnar holding it until Wrestlemania. Great match and that submission move Lesnar put on Benoit was just sick and needs to be brought back because it looked awesome.

The Stretch Muffler, ye that was nice.
Give it to Wade Barrett, that would be killer.

I think one match that just springs to mind is
The Undertaker vs Kurt Angle (circa fall 2002)

Its a shame these two have wrestled each other only thrice one-on-one
(the first was stupid though), because everytime they have locked up it has been absolutely enthralling to watch.

Also, this is the only match EVER where The Undertaker tapped out but Angle's shoulders were down and he got pinned 1- 2 -3 at the same time.

EPIC EPIC MATCH!!
highly recommended to those who haven't seen it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back