The Great Muta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Keiji Mutoh (The Great Muta) told Japanese media recently that he intends on having a meeting with TNA's Jeff Jarrett when he comes to the U.S. this week.

I hope this happen's. He's past his prime but he can still turn it on. I'd love to see him face Angle or Joe. A match between him and Steiner when they were both in there prime would have been great.

I am hoping and praying like crazy that Muta signs a deal with TNA, seeing him back on TV in the ring again will be just awesome. The Great Muta was such an awesome wrestler, and yet nobody seems to remember him, it's a god damn shame. I'm hoping he signs this deal and we can see some more classic wrestling from TNA.

who is the great muta

EDIT: Please add more to your posts. Misty Ninja.

A great Japanese wrestler.
I can't really say a whole lot about him, because i haven't seen his work in along time.

Him in TNA would be great though.
Joe/Muta would be fantastic, as would Angle/Muta.

And just to add on the great muta, this was posted just after i posted the above comment.....

From wrestlezone.com

TNAwrestling.com has learned that Japanese wrestling legend and former World Champion “The Great Muta” will be in attendance tonight at “Destination X” and will appear on the Pay-Per-View event!

Muta will make his arrival during the TNA Countdown Preshow “Black & Blue Carpet” event, which will feature Jeremy Borash and TNA Knockout Leticia interviewing the TNA stars as they arrive at the arena!

Hey, Jake, isn't Muta the head honcho of All-Japan at present? I thought Baba's wife gave him control of the company? It would be amazing if they weren't just talking about Muta coming over, but if they started some sort of exchange program ala WCW/NJPW. All Japan's cruiserweights are friggin' amazing these days. Kaz Hayashi really helped to kick their juniors division in the rear. I'm really intrigued to see what becomes of this meeting.

i am not jake, but....yes i believe he is in control of All japan as of present.

Kaz hayashi has always been underated in my opinion, but he was integral in getting some of the old WCW cruiserweights over back in the day.

Thanks, DJ. Kaz, in my opinion, has only gotten better since leaving WCW and returning to Japan. I have a match from a few years back from ROH he wrestled against A.J. Styles. It was f**king awesome. I'd be all for a talent exchange between the two. They could send some of their guys here to the states and any of TNA's talent that isn't being used could be sent abroad.

The Great Muta was seen at the Destination X PPV, but his main purpose for being in Orlando, FL on Sunday was to establish a working relationship between his All Japan Pro Wrestling promotion, and TNA.

Muta (the president of All Japan) and AJPW Director Masayuki Uchida worked out an agreement with TNA's Dixie Carter, Jeff Jarrett, and Andy Carter to exchange talent. This will likely end TNA's working relationship with New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Kurt Angle wrestled for NJPW on 2/18 in Tokyo, Japan. In the past, IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Hiroshi Tanahashi and legend Jushin Liger of New Japan have wrestled in TNA. The NJPW-TNA relationship appeared to be in danger following the recent resignation of Simon Inoki from New Japan. Muta not only met up with Angle, but the two posed for photographs. No word yet on which talent might be exchanged.

The Great Muta was seen at the Destination X PPV, but his main purpose for being in Orlando, FL on Sunday was to establish a working relationship between his All Japan Pro Wrestling promotion, and TNA.

Muta (the president of All Japan) and AJPW Director Masayuki Uchida worked out an agreement with TNA's Dixie Carter, Jeff Jarrett, and Andy Carter to exchange talent. This will likely end TNA's working relationship with New Japan Pro Wrestling.
And I called it. This is great. Anyone who isn't aware of what All Japan has been up to needs to hit youtube for a compilation video. I'm all for international talent exchanges. It's a good thing because TNA can send over some of their talent that aren't being used (or some that need to square their game away), while exposing fresh talent to the U.S. audience. Just like the days of Chono and Muta coming over here in WCW. Those crazy All Japan cruiserweights are doing stuff the X-division elite would envy at present time.

Quite excited about this to be fair, i think we will be seeing a D-lo Brown guest spot in TNA soon, as he works for AJPW at present and from i have heard has come along way since WWE. Maybe also a bit of TAKA michinoku.

SHUJI KONDO AND Brother YASHHI are both exciting talents that deserve to come to TNA and show what they can do.

D-Lo, just incase u didn't know (and if you did, sorry for wasting ur time) wrestled for TNA a while back, but stopped. He held the NWA tag titles once actually, and continually lost to JJ on a few shows.

^Yeah. He had a killer ladder match against Styles and if I remember right they shared the tag titles and worked some pretty cool matches for the belts against XXX. Solid matches that really allowed him to stretch his ability.

this would be great, i just hope they show him the respect he deserves, because if i remember right the last time he was in WCW, he was paired with the Insane Clown Posse

and yes, the series of matches between AJ Styles and DLo Brown from the early days of NWA-TNA were awesome and highly underrated, i am surprised you dont hear too much talk of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back