The GOP Does It AGAIN

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_...ndiana-sec-of-state-convicted-of-voter-fraud/

For those of you too lazy to read, the Indiana Secretary of State, as in the guy in charge of making sure elections are run fairly and legally in Indiana, has been convicted of voter fraud. However, he's trying to get his six felonies reduced to misdemeanors at his sentencing later this week. If they're reduced, Governor Mitch Daniels is considering reinstating him as Secretary of State. A man convicted of voter fraud would be reinstated to the job of being in charge of running the elections in the state of Indiana. Daniels is also a name the GOP wants to jump in as a last minute presidential candidate.

I love these guys. I really really do.

I can't comprehend the circus of American politics anymore. I will give up, and write in Ralph Nader for all positions for the rest of my life.

I can't comprehend the circus of American politics anymore. I will give up, and write in Ralph Nader for all positions for the rest of my life.

This, but in all seriousness.

Like, it's getting to the point where I just can't bring myself to care about politics anymore, IRL. People just do blatantly evil shit with the politics in this country, and nobody even says anything.

OOOH, lets talk about voter fraud in Indiana! Thank you so much for bringing it up!

http://articles.cnn.com/2008-10-09/...voter-fraud-voter-registration?_s=PM:POLITICS

ACORN being involved in voter fraud? Shocking.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...c-party-head-resigns-as-fraud-probe-heats-up/

Hmmm...

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/Confusion_over_Butch_Morgans_future__132024138.html

Hey look, another Democrat involved with voter fraud!

Typical Republican answer.

By typical Republican answer, I assume you mean pointing out that the supposed corruption of a Republican official in Indiana can be offset by multiple examples of Democratic officials doing the same and exposing the hypocrisy of liberals looking for "gotcha" moments and giddily making threads about them, while completely ignoring Democrats doing the exact same thing? Hell, Democrats are the undisputed masters at voter fraud!

Stop pretending as if you wouldn't have responded in like manner if I created a thread titled "The donkeys do it AGAIN" pointing out some liberal official getting in trouble.

By the way, isn't Dan Parker, the Democratic party head who resigned because of voter fraud allegations the very guy who is angling to take over that Secretary of State position from Mr. White?

Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle. You two should get along great.

By typical Republican answer, I assume you mean pointing out that the supposed corruption of a Republican official in Indiana can be offset by multiple examples of Democratic officials doing the same and exposing the hypocrisy of liberals looking for "gotcha" moments and giddily making threads about them, while completely ignoring Democrats doing the exact same thing? Hell, Democrats are the undisputed masters at voter fraud!

Stop pretending as if you wouldn't have responded in like manner if I created a thread titled "The donkeys do it AGAIN" pointing out some liberal official getting in trouble.

By the way, isn't Dan Parker, the Democratic party head who resigned because of voter fraud allegations the very guy who is angling to take over that Secretary of State position from Mr. White?

Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle. You two should get along great.

Actually I meant:

GOP breaks the law and commits fraud.

GOP supporter: "DEMOCRATS DO IT TOO!"

So....that makes what you do ok?

I never said that what White did was okay. Voter fraud should always be ferreted out, and officials guilty of it should always be disgraced, whether they are Republican, Democrat, or other. I was just pointing out your hypocrisy in gleefully mocking him while ignoring the same corruption from the Democrats in Indiana. It's like two cowboys, both standing in piles of horseshit, and having one of them making a crack about the other having shit on his boots.

I never said that what White did was okay. Voter fraud should always be ferreted out, and officials guilty of it should always be disgraced, whether they are Republican, Democrat, or other. I was just pointing out your hypocrisy in gleefully mocking him while ignoring the same corruption from the Democrats in Indiana. It's like two cowboys, both standing in piles of horseshit, and having one of them making a crack about the other having shit on his boots.

Hmm let's check these stories.

Yeah I was right. None of these people that are fired or have resigned have been rehired by the governor after being convicted in court of voter fraud. I'd hardly call that the same.

Governor McDaniel has not reinstated White yet either, so what is the complaint, exactly? He hasn't appointed a permanent replacement yet, be he did not definitively state that if the judge reduces the charges that White would automatically be reinstated either. He merely left it open. You are claiming that he was rehired, he was not.

All I read was that he COULD reinstate him. Indiana law prevents anyone convicted of a felony from holding public office, and White is trying to get the charges reduced down to a misdemeanor, so that he is not automatically ineligible. What politician, on either side of the aisle wouldn't attempt to do the same? In fact, what person being tried for ANY felony level crime, doesn't try to get the charges reduced to misdemeanors? It would be stupid not to.

But again, it's just the hypocrisy of two cowboys mocking each other for having shit on their boots.

Davi, surely you agree if this guy is rehired, it's indicative of corruption and abuse. Ignoring Democrat vs. Republican for a moment, I would hope you agree something like this should never happen and the guy should never be hired for this office.

Correct?

Davi, surely you agree if this guy is rehired, it's indicative of corruption and abuse. Ignoring Democrat vs. Republican for a moment, I would hope you agree something like this should never happen and the guy should never be hired for this office.

Correct?

Yes. I would be critical of Indiana Governor Daniels if he did reinstate White, even if the judge lowered the charges to misdemeanors, meaning he could. Just because he could be reinstated does not mean that he should. I would hope that Governor Daniels has the sense to realize the position doing so would place him in, that reinstating White would not only be a bad idea, but unconscionable.

My objection to KB's post was never about whether White was actually guilty of voter fraud or not, just in the hypocrisy of playing the "gotcha" game when there are examples of voter fraud by the other party in the same state, in recent memory, especially when one of the people involved in that voter fraud is gunning for the same position White held.

Based on previous political discussions we have had, you know that I try to be fairly consistent about my principles, even if it crosses party lines. Yes, I lean conservative, but I will criticize Republicans if merited. It's why I identify myself as a conservative, and not as a Republican. If I am critical of Bill Clinton's infidelity because I believe strength of character and honesty is important, I can't give Gingrich a free pass for the same thing, can I? If I oppose raising the debt ceiling when Obama is President, I damn well have to oppose it when a Republican is President as well, on the grounds that I believe in fiscal responsibility. I believe Obamacare is unconstitutional...but then again, so is the Patriot Act. My principles have always taken precedence over my political leanings.

My response to KB was not to argue that voter fraud is okay when a Republican does it, and bad when a Democrat does it, it's clearly bad whenever ANYBODY does it. It's the hypocrisy of gloating when one side does it, and then at the same time refusing to acknowledge that your party is just as guilty that I object to.

It's the hypocrisy of gloating when one side does it, and then at the same time refusing to acknowledge that your party is just as guilty that I object to.
Here's how I see it. Let's say your favorite sports team wins an important game. You are happy, you create a thread. The next week, your team loses a game. Do you still create a thread then?

I don't think it's a matter of KB not acknowledging it happens in the Democratic Party as much as it is the question of, "why would he post it".

Here's how I see it. Let's say your favorite sports team wins an important game. You are happy, you create a thread. The next week, your team loses a game. Do you still create a thread then?

I don't think it's a matter of KB not acknowledging it happens in the Democratic Party as much as it is the question of, "why would he post it".

Should we really celebrate that kind of negativity though? That's not creating a thread because your team won, it's creating a thread because the other team lost. There is a difference.

Should we really celebrate that kind of negativity though? That's not creating a thread because your team won, it's creating a thread because the other team lost. There is a difference.

If a Kansas loss meant Mizzou would win the conference, I probably would create the thread. :shrug:

If a Kansas loss meant Mizzou would win the conference, I probably would create the thread. :shrug:

But, just because the Republican SOS was forced out, that doesn't mean the Democrats won. If anything, it just means that Governor Daniels will appoint another Republican to the position, and the Democrats are no better or worse off than they were before. It's a push as far as the Democrats are concerned.

But, just because the Republican SOS was forced out, that doesn't mean the Democrats won. If anything, it just means that Governor Daniels will appoint another Republican to the position, and the Democrats are no better or worse off than they were before. It's a push as far as the Democrats are concerned.

I think you're kind of missing my point. The point is that KB creating these threads doesn't mean he excuses when Democrats do it. It just means there's no reason to point it out, because he's not going to post a thread when his team loses.

Make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back