The Golden Team

The Best “Golden Team”

• Two Dudes With Attitude

• Two-Man Power Trip

• Team TNA Triple Crown (Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe)

Results are only viewable after voting.

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
The Golden Team.

ajyijaupnttwbig.jpg

On September 24, 1995, WWF Champion, Diesel and WWF Intercontinental Champion, Shawn Michaels, known as Two Dudes With Attitude, won the WWF Tag Team Championship from Yokozuna, The British Bulldog and Owen Hart at In Your House 3 : Triple Header. They, too, vacated the Tag Straps the next day, however this time, it was due to a controversy finish.

kuvshhhsa1_display_image.jpg

On April 29, 2001, WWF Champion, Stone Cold Steve Austin and WWF Intercontinental Champion, Triple H, known as The Two Man Power Trip, won the WWF Tag Team Championship from The Undertaker and Kane, known as the Brothers Of Destruction at Backlash 2001. They held the Titles for a little less then a month, losing the Gold to Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho on Raw.

p2623384vo9.gif

On July 15, 2007, TNA Champion, Kurt Angle and TNA X-Division Champion, Samoa Joe, who I like to call The TNA Triple Crown, won the TNA Tag Team Championship from Brother Ray and Brother Devon, known as Team 3D at Victory Road 2007. The part I didn’t get was why was Samoa Joe the sole Tag Team Champion, holding both Belts?? Kurt eventually won both Joe’s Titles / all three of Joe’s Belts, but that’s neither here nor there.

I know the rule states that if one of the Tag Team Champions gets the pinfall or submission, he wins the Title of the one who was pinned or submitted. I always felt that if one of the Tag Team Champions got the pinfall or submission, he should win the World Title and his partner should win the Mid-Card Title. Just thought I’d share that thought.

My questions are:

Which “Golden Team” should, could, or would have gone on to a longer reign??

I’m going to go with The Two Man Power Trip. If Triple H stayed healthy, the addition of the WCW Titles would have made up for keeping all the Home Gold on the Home Team. I think a 6 month reign would have been good to “prove” dominance.

Who should, could, or would be the next WWE / World Champion and Intercontinental / United States Champion Duo to win the Tag Team Championship??

This is a tough one for me, but off the top of my head, I’d like to see CM Punk and Zach Ryder pull this off. I’m just kidding.

I would actually pick any 2 of the current Champions. Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler with Vicki as the catalyst for bringing the two together could be great. Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes using their Legacy history, with one of them turning, or even having a feud while holding the Tag Straps like Cena and any one of his Tag Team Championship partners. With the Brand Extension all but gone, I could see Alberto Del Rio and Cody Rhodes pulling this off or even Randy Orton and a Face Dolph Ziggler.

Who should, could, or would be the first WWE Champion and World Champion Duo to win the Tag Team Championship??

If you said Super-Cena and Bat-Orton, the Just5Moves of Super Friends, you are right!! HAHA!! No seriously, if it’s going to happen with both WWE and World Champions, it’s going to be these two.

I can't seem to remember any other Tag Team Champions who each held Singles Title at the same time. Are there any??

Which “Golden Team” should, could, or would have gone on to a longer reign??
My vote would have to go to The Two Man Power Trip because they were the biggest combination of star power that the fans went crazy for, and as KP said with the WCW titles in play it was the perfect time period for such a team. I think that a reign of about 4-5 months would have been the perfect period for them to hold all that gold, they were an entertaining pair but having so many titles held by just two guys gives their part of the show more flair but kind of takes away from the rest.

Who should, could, or would be the next WWE / World Champion and Intercontinental / United States Champion Duo to win the Tag Team Championship??
I can think of two combos that just seem right to me, a face team of World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton and Intercontinental Champion Sheamus. Two main eventer faces that can put on some amazing matches against eachother, but would then unite to become an unstoppable force in the Tag Team Division.
Then my second choice would be a heel team consisting of WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio and United States Champion Dolph Ziggler, two heels that I don't personally care much for but I feel would team well together and would be a devastating combination.

Who should, could, or would be the first WWE Champion and World Champion Duo to win the Tag Team Championship??
Whenever I see John Cena and Randy Orton teamed up together the same thing runs through my head, I would love to see them officially team up and pursue the Tag Titles. Ofcourse it hasn't happened but the little WWE fan in me still screams for this although I doubt it will happen. So if I had to pick two World Champions to do it I would definitely say the team of The WWE Champion John Cena and The World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton. They are the top two men in the company, both faces of their homes Smackdown and Raw, and if they did team up it would rival the greatness and epicocity of The Two Man Power Trip.

I can't seem to remember any other Tag Team Champions who each held Singles Title at the same time. Are there any??
I don't believe there are, although Jericho and Benoit came close. When they won the tag titles from The Two Man Power Trip on May 21st 2001. Jericho went on to win the Hardcore title on the 28th and that same week Benoit had two titles matches for Stone Cold's WWF Championship. Unfortunatly he was screwed out of the win in the first match and barely lost the second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back