The future of: Mobile Phones

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In the same line of thinking about my future of gaming thread, I really thought that the future of mobile phones ought to be looked at too. Mobile Phones have become the biggest and most accessible piece of technology in the developed world. I would say that around 60-70% of people have a mobile phone (where sold) and they have become huge parts of our lives and have gotten more and more prevalent and important in the running of our day to day lives.

Let me give you some history, if I may. My first mobile phone was made by a company I had never from before and I don't even know if they are still around. It was an Alcatel phone and it basically had nothing. You could phone people and text people from it but I remember being so happy that I could play different ring=tones on my phone and could talk to people from as far away as I wanted. There was literally no good features about this phone to be honest with you. I was genuinely excited that it gave you the dialling codes of places like Zimbabwe. The next phone I ever got was a Nokia 3210. Now, I don't know about where you guys come from but Nokia 3210's were everywhere in Scotland, everyone had one. It was just so advanced from what people had ever had before. It had popular ring-tones and you could even create your own. It had a display screen that was bigger than the average phone and the display was a lot better. Then it had the best feature, "Snake". I remember opening my phone on my birthday and just going straight to play Snake. The point, however, remains the same: Mobile Phones have adapted and changed so much in the three years that I have covered, they are obviously going to change more.

And that is what happened. The next big thing in Scotland was polyphonic ring-tones. All the must-have phones were getting them and your favourite songs were even more recognisable than before. The next thing was colour displays and how you could have photos on your phone, as your background. Everyone was blown away and the development never stopped there. The next thing was real tones. Your favourite song, represent as crystal clear tunes that you could use as your ring-tone. Following that, I remember getting a phone from the network "3". It was the first phone that I owned to have a camera integrated onto it and I genuinely thought it was incredible.

Obviously, mobile phones have changed dramatically since they have become mainstream and they now have everything you could ever need on a phone and more. I read about how phones were now acting as fully-fledged sat navs and thought: "Soon enough, phones will be doing everything".

But what do you guys think will be the future of phone technology? What can be introduced to make the technology better and what will be the next big thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back