• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Four Horsemen (drink)

What is your Whiskey of choice??

• Jack Daniels

• Jameson

• Jim Beam

• Johnnie Walker

• The Four Horsemen (all of the above)

Results are only viewable after voting.

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
Wikipedia said:
The Four Horsemen is a cocktail containing four hard liquors and named after the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The name of the drink is derived from the fact that the most common brand names of each ingredient are also male given names and the drinks have a high alcohol content (and therefore tend to have a very strong effect on human physiology). Additionally, the four brand names usually all begin with the letter "J", giving further unity to the concept of the "Four Horsemen".

Jack Daniels. Jameson. Jim Beam. Johnnie Walker. WOOOOOOOOOOOO!! The drink of Excellence!!

I just got each of them in the 200 ml size bottles and a decanter to mix them all in. I do have 2 questions, before I start the New Year off on the left foot.

Has anyone tried it??
Is it any good??

I don't drink anymore but when I did I was a Jack Daniels guy.
This drink sounds awesome and if I still drank I'd try it.
I expect you to come back here tomorrow and report on it.

A_nXiTXCAAEDQf-.jpg:large

Okay, well after drinking it, I must say, it’s the best tasting whiskey I’ve ever had. Think Bourbon, Irish, Scotch and Tennessee whiskey all mixed into one. I don’t know how else to describe it, but it’s that damn good!!

A_nXo-RCcAA1epz.jpg:large

One thing I did notice though, whenever I would tell someone what’s in it, the common misconception is, “Oh $#!+!! That must be a strong @$$ drink.” As I took sips, I started thinking about that logic. If you take 4 different 200 ml bottles of 80 proof whiskey, and mixed them all up into one decanter, would you have (A) 1 800 ml decanter of 320 proof whiskey, or (B) 1 800 ml decanter of 80 proof whiskey?? The answer, I believe is, B.

A_nXsAXCIAEbbwJ.jpg:large

So, sitting on top of my fireplace, is my new drink of choice, “The Four Horsemen”. WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

A_nXwO0CIAAb56e.jpg:large

Happy New Year, from the King, the Queen, the Princess, and the Prince!!

A_nXz6CCcAAIegj.jpg:large

Sorry, my son didn’t feel like holding the bigger Spinner. HAHA!!

Wheres the love for Captain Morgan? I was taking shots of Captian Morgan Black and Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey all night on New Years.

I don’t have anything against rum, but the recipe for the Four Horsemen calls for Bourbon Whiskey, Irish Whiskey, Scotch Whiskey, and Tennessee Whiskey. Adding Captain Morgan would be like adding a certain “Roma” to the Elite group.

Never had the four horsemen, but it has just made my to do list of drinking. I have had three wisemen shots, and that totally fucked me up. Out of the four choices, my preference is Johnnie Walker black, with Jack Daniels a very close second. Before I die I want to try all the higher end labels of Johnnie.

Me and my buddies did a shot each of The Four Horseman last weekend, I'm not a big fan of it but I didn't think I would considering i'm not a big fan of Whiskey. I would do it again though. :shrug:

One of my buddies loved it, The other two said it was okay but they wouldn't do it again. Probably won't do another Four Horseman shot till my buddies and I go bar hopping for my 21st.

I’m glad you tried it, willing to do it again, and your buddy loved it. It’s really better than what you would expect. It has the bite of the Jack, but the smoothness of the Johnnie. It has the burn of the Jim, but the sweetness of the Jameson. It’s a great mix. We’re only 8 days into 2013 and I’m almost done with the first decanter full. I’m going to have to restock before my B-Day, on the 12th.

I haven't had it before, but it sounds awesome. I have to be honest and say that I've never tried Johnnie Walker before. I've had all the others though, with Jameson being my favorite. Not only does that drink have a cool name, but it's a combination of a lot of whiskey, which is my drink of choice. I'm going to have to try it ASAP.

For comparable price I'd switch Jamison for Tulimore and Jim Beam for Old Crow because it is even cheaper and no worse. The scotch I couldn't tell you as I never buy it and the Jack is fine. Guess my other post made it out like all the choices are terrible but I just meant the poll was too restricting if you say whiskey of choice on it.

Mixing all of them sounds like it would only serve to water down whatever you like most with whiskey that is less enjoyable.

Well to be fair, it was the choice of whiskey out of the 4 that make that specific drink. So the choices would be limited considering.

Are you absolutely sure it's name for Flair, Anderson, Blanchard and the fourth one, instead of Death, War, Pestilence, Famine and a hard-boiled egg?

I may have to try that, but I’m a little leery about the tequila portion of the mix. Never did too well with that back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back