The Final Four: Pool B

Pick One of the Final Four

• Jack Brisco

• Pat O'Connor

• Larry Zbyszko

Results are only viewable after voting.
My vote went to Jack Brisco, without too much thought. Pat O'Connor is a legendary figure from wrestling past and would no doubt deserve to be in a tournament like this, but I won't claim to be a mark or fan of the man, but I am a fan of Jack and the Brisco brothers, always have been. Larry Zbysko was a big figure and a huge draw in his feud with Bruno Sammartino in the late 70s, early 80s so he wouldn't be a bd choice either, but I'd consider Jack Brisco to be the better wrestler of those two. Any of these three will make fine additions to the tournament though.

I had to go with The Living Legend Larry Zbyszko.

I haven't seen much of Pat O'Connor, and while I appreciate the legend Jack Briscoe was to the business, that still doesn't take away from the fact that every match I've ever seen him in has bored the shit out of me.

Larry Zbyszko on the other hand, has always entertained me. From when I was a kid and he was either apart of the Enforcers, or feuding with Lord Steven Regal, or doing commentary, all the way up to his feud with Scott Hall in later WCW. And everything I have seen before my time, such as matches against Bruno Sammartino and Nick Bockwinkel, I have enjoyed thoroughly.

So, yeah... it's a very easy choice for me here. Zbyszko is one of my absolute favorite true old school wrestlers, and it would be hard for me to vote for anyone against him, let alone two people I don't give a damn about.

I'm taking a trip to Larry Land.

Look, the guy has as decorated a character as there was in wrestling. He was Bruno Sammartino's pupil.... Except, he was, you know, interesting. In his heyday, he was the most hated heel in professional wrestling. I remember my dad speaking of going to see Larry face Bruno at a sold out Shea Stadium, and saying he never saw a performer like Larry Zybysko. He's a former AWA World Heavyweight Champion, and has plenty of experience wrestling the great big names, and coming out on top. He scored wins over Sammartino, and quite frankly, that scores me a good enough reason to push him to the top. I like O' Connor, and I can see the point for Brisco, but this is really Zybysko's match to win. He's a bigger draw than either other man, and was easily one of the most hated men in professional wrestling.

Oh, and you can kick all sort's of ass on WCW: Revenge with Larry Zybysko. Wish you could say the same for O' Connor and Brisco.

I voted for O'Connor here pretty much for one reason. Shadow should thank me, because I did it for him to have someone top push in this thing, as I doubt anyone will push Larry or Jack.

I also hate Jack Brisco. I am alright with Larry.

Pat O'Connor has held as many titles as the other two, but he did it at a time when titles were held forever and Lou Thesz was wrestling, so essentially a far more competitve era. Any one of them could be a good addition, and I doubt that any of them will go deep, unfortunately, but I think O'Connor is the one remembered for winning, while Zbyszko is known for losing to Bruno Sammartino and Jack Brisco is known for winning the title when NWA were looking for the one to take the company forward in the wilderness between the Thesz and Race eras.

The Living Legend gets my vote. Zbyszko was always enjoyable and was a big draw during his run with Sammartino. he's also a former world champion (yes the AWA Title but if it counts for others it counts for Zbyszko). Brisco is proabably the best wrestler their and I was considering him but I think I've seen more Larry so that gave him the edge. I haven't seen very much Pat O'Connor at all so I had to pull for Zbyszko.

Larry Zbyszko gets my vote here. Larry was very entertaining in every wrestling company he used to work for. Larry had a great feud with Sammartino and that feud will never be forgotten. Larry also had some great feud back in the old TNA era with wrestlers like A.J styles and a great and long feud with Jeff Jarrett, And that feud was freaking awesome. So that's why my vote goes to Larry Zbyszko.

Had to go with Jack Brisco on this one, solely based on his accomplishments. He had held numerous championships in his career including multiple NWA World Championships. This alone earned Jack my vote.

I went with O'Connor. Didn't he win like 234723957832 matches in a row or something crazy like that? Sure, it's going to be hard to argue for him with the era he comes from, but I think he has a better shot that either of the other 2 guys, who'll both get smashed in Round 1. Plus, we need an Aussie in here.

Have to go with Larry Zbyszko. The Living Legend. I love the Brisco family, but Larry was a top notch heel. Him turning on Sammartino has to be one of the most legendary teacher/pupil feuds in wrestling history. I also loved the guy in WCW, which I was actually able to watch live (as opposed to his Sammartino deal in the 70's). He and Arn Anderson were a great heel tag team, later in his career, known as the Enforcers, and I enjoyed everything he did after that, all the way through his feud with Scott Hall.

I picked Larry Zbysko because I've never seen the other two wrestle and I have seen Zbysko so it would only be fair to pick the one I have knowledge of.

No brainer here: It's all about Larry. Anyone who has ever seen his work in the AWA knows he was good. Really good. He was a great ring technician and had so much charisma. He gets over looked alot simply because he looks more like your friend's dad than a wrestler. He really was a talented worker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back