• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Festival of Friendship

Aeon Mathix

Has Ascended
This segment was pure gold in my opinion. I usually tune Raw out in the middle or just find something else to do and have it on the background in case anything interesting comes on, but I did find myself watching the show just to see this segment as I've found Owens and Jericho to be the only good part of Raw for a long time. Oh man did they deliver.

From probably the greatest painting of all time to the magician, everything was great and it was the most entertaining part of Raw I have seen in years. My personal favorite was the commercial break "IT". I really didn't expect the turn at the end either so bravo for that as well. I felt for Jericho and that even though he was a heel and costing people championship matches for months for Owens, he really came off as just trying to do something special for someone he cared about.

It was the ultimate betrayal by Owens and executed to perfection. Jericho might be out for a few weeks leading them to have a match at WrestleMania which I don't think anyone is going to mind. I just wish it was going to be for the Universal Championship as these two definitely deserve that spot on the card for all the work they have put in the last 6 months or so.

Thoughts on the segment?

I agree! I was VERY lucky to tune in just as they were heading to the ring. I forgot all about this happening and was so glad I stumbled upon it. I got such a kick out of Jericho. Like you said, saying "it" after the commercial break, the way he told Friendship the Magician that he just made the list, and, when Owens attacked Gillberg, Jericho saying in a proud voice "You beat him!" I got a good laugh out of the whole thing.

The turn with the List of KO and Owens' face as he dropped his belt, I thought it was done really well. It sounded like the crowd was surprised. I knew these two had a bromance, but I don't watch very often. I knew they would eventually split, but the timing wasn't as impactful for me as an occasional viewer these days. But I can absolutely see how well it was done regardless.

The best segment put together on WWE in a long time, lMO. This coming from someone who couldn't wait for JeriKO to be confined to history as it has not helped KO or his title reign in any way.

Last night, it had its usual humour but WWE setup the break-up perfectly. It had the usual humour between the 2 guys, but the setup with KO and his gift and then the beatdown saw me 'mark-out' for Kill.Owens.Kill appearing for the first time since his debut Cena feud whilst making Chris Jericho look as symphatetic as ever.

I may have been the minority of not liking JeriKO over the past few months, but they nailed this segment without doubt.

Now, I still expect KO to lose the belt at Fast Lane but not in a squash. I think KO will lose but get a huge rub with some good offense against a Goldberg who has been virtually invincible in every segment thus far. Ntm, I expect a Y2J return distraction to cause KO's title loss which allows them to fight over the US title come WrestleMania 33.

I'm usually a bit overemotional or choose to personally invest in pro-wrestling, but this was possibly the first time WWE got me like this. While I was watching it did start to drag for a brief period, but when Jericho became sincere right before the end it had impact. The segment really summed up the the story line thus far, and the two involved. I probably won't watch it again for a while (Because Kevin broke my heart), but it had to be one of the best things I've seen on RAW in months.

Yeah, it was fantastic throughout. Owens and Jericho have had amazing chemistry from the start and its kinda sad to see it come to an end. Still, if it had to end, I'm glad it ended like that. Jericho will go on and be a dynamite face heading into Mania and Owens will look like a shitty heel on a whole new level. It's just interesting to see what the discussion with Triple H was all about.

All in all though, a great end to a great friendship.

Holy hell what a segment. I might honestly be able to say I haven't been that thoroughly entertained in a segment between two wrestlers since Rock and Foley did This is Your Life. Everything worked out pretty much perfectly; from the "gifts" to Gillberg to Jericho's speech about how much he loves Owens... just wow man. And then the icing on the cake, when Jericho lifted up "KO's list", I think I almost cried. That was really a moment that could "make" Kevin Owens.

Don't really know what else to say. Fantastic piece of work from those two last night and kudos to WWE for the way they presented it.

I wasn't looking forward to this when it was announced last week but I have to agree that it came off as being the most spectacular sports entertainment themed segment WWE has put together in a long time, possibly ever. Until last night, I'd say my favorite of these sorts of segments were the "anger management" sessions with Kane and Daniel Bryan; as with those segments featuring Kane & Bryan, I don't think you could've pulled this off with anyone other than Jericho & Owens as they just have the sort of chemistry that wrestling companies wish they could just bottle.

Jericho coming out in his cornball best had me feeling a little uncertain at first, though I couldn't help but grin while he was coming out as, again, I don't think anyone else could've really pulled that off. Presenting Owens' "presents" was great and I laughed my ass off when he unveiled The Creation of Adam inspired painting as it was...I mean it was just friggin' funny. Owens' reaction throughout the thing, to me, was just right as his befuddlement seemed genuine, as did his seeming reluctance, especially over the painting. Jericho's little speech before Owens gave him his present gave me the impression that what he was saying was genuine, which I think it may very well be, as Jericho has genuinely been more entertaining working with Owens over the course of 2016 than he has in a long time, which is saying something. Presenting Jericho with a "new list" and Jericho seeming happy due to his old list getting all beaten up seemed nice and I kinda marked out a bit when Jericho asked why his name was on the list as it just hit me that Owens was about to lay him out. The beating worked out perfectly and Owens came off as the dangerous sociopath who turned his back on his "best friend" that we saw in NXT and for much of his time in WWE until the friendship angle.

This also potentially gives Owens some protection for his title defense against Goldberg at Fastlane if Jericho does something to interfere or cause a distraction. If they go that route, then I hope they keep him off TV until Fastlane and due to Jericho helping cost him the Universal Championship, both at Fastlane and possibly a rematch situation, they feud over the United States Championship.

I loved it. That picture rip off of Michelangelo's "The creation of Adam" was marvelously entertaining. Look at KOs face after that was worth it. Though I kinda feel like it would be better to do it later on the road of that Mania match but hey, its good as ever time to start things up.

Not too keen about reports of KOs affiliation with HHH and franction of HHH NXTs guys who would do HHHs dirty work. We really dont need another Authority and from the looks of things this was just another way of "all mighty HHHs" meddling into storylines.

Seriously, Owens needs to retain at Fastlane. This needs to be Owens putting a line in the sand saying 'I won't let myself be a joke anymore', come out on RAW next week saying 'I am so sick of Lists, I am sick of best friends, I am sick of how far away I am from what I built my rep on, from this day forward you will fear a match with Kevin Owens'.

Then have him absolutely destroy his next 3-4 opponents including Jericho at Mania.

I understand why they want the strap in the Goldberg vs Lesnar match, because it adds to an already well built marquee match. But it doesn't need it to be successful.

The segment was hilarious. Jericho was as funny as ever and the Owens betrayal got Owens some much needed heel heat for the inevitable feud with Jericho. I thought that the remarks that each of them made during the segment were great and I enjoyed the whole thing. My only issue with it was that this happened too early. It should have taken place at the Raw after Fastlane. I'm very concerned that Owens won't retain against Goldberg now and the last thing we need is part-timers holding the Universal Championship. That's a whole other topic though. The painting was cool. My favorite part was Jericho waiting until the end of the commercial break before saying "IT!" Great stuff by all involved.

It was one of the best segments on Raw since... well I don't even know. It was just that good of a segment.

Owens and Jericho have been the most entertaining part of Raw (by FAR) since the split, but you knew their partnership had to eventually end.

The actual segment was great. Gillberg and the "It" after the commercial were great. Then the turn was insanely good.

I actually felt for Jericho. I genuinely felt sorry for him. He was just friends with Owens and cared for him. He is going to be ridiculously over as a face.

Owens came off as a huge heel, and he will get a lot of actual heat. He really doesn't care about anyone but himself, and it fits his "prizefighter" character very well. I reacted to the turn like I was 7 years old again. I wanted to jump into my TV screen and punch Owens in the face.

I'm very much looking forward to their WrestleMania match. I wish it was for the Universal Title as they certainly deserve... IT! Seriously though, I wish Lesnar vs Goldberg wasn't going to be for the title, but if Jericho costs Owens at Fastlane I can live with it.

EDIT - One thing I forgot to mention. The expression on Jericho's face after he said "Wait why is my name on this list?" He looked distraught and felt betrayed. I felt so bad for him. Also the look on Owens face. That cold stare and the I don't care mentality. Again, great segment and probably one of the best ever.

Damn!

This is the Kevin Owens I wanted. The one that powerbombed that MGK guy. The one that powerbombed John Cena on his debut. The one that defeated John Cena clean in his debut match. The one that powerbombed John Cena on the apron after winning the match.

Not a chicken s*it heel like Rollins. It barely suited Rollins. On Owens, nope. Just like Samoa Joe.

The Universal Champion as well as Championship just got interesting. :rolleyes:

The first step as finally be taken and the break up inally happened. Now we have to wait for jericho to get his revenge which I hope will be at fastlane by costing owens the universal title because this feud really doesn't need the universal title and it will help the title be persive as a world title if it's defended in the main event of mania.

So have jericho cost owens the title at mania and then have owens show up on the following raw and cut a promo basicly saying that jericho cost him his universal title and if it wasn't for him, jericho wouldn't be us champion so if jericho wants to cost him his universal title, he will fight him at mania and take his us title.

The thing is you pretty much knows out this will end because jericho is leaving soon after mania to go back to his band and works on some new music for fozzy and start a concert tour so he will put over owens before leaving which means that they need somebody to take the title away from him so since owens has been booked to look like a mid card champion anyway, why not just give him the us title.

This Festival of Friendship was hands down one of the best things that RAW has ever put out there. All the credit goes to the two guys who pulled it off, Jericho and Owens.

Jericho is outstanding as the smary carny type guy and Owens is the perfect as the straight guy who is offended at almost everything presented to him. Jericho's comedic timing is impeccable and I don't know how Owens didn't burst out laughing many time during the whole thing.

The magician who came from Craigslit and then got put on Jericho's list almost made me wet myself. Then the painting, I was in stitches, and if they don't put that on a t-shirt they are idiots (stupid idiots at that).

What made it so special though is the fact that you can almost feel the chemistry and real friendship between the two. I can't think of any other two wrestler's it would have worked with without coming off as being overly scripted and badly acted. Jericho and Owens made it look natural and you wanted to see more. We all knew Owens was going to snap at some point, he did it at the perfect time.

Too bad we won't see much more like that little segment because Jericho is rumoured to be going on tour with his band. I will surely miss him, he's had one hell of a year.

This Festival of Friendship was hands down one of the best things that RAW has ever put out there. All the credit goes to the two guys who pulled it off, Jericho and Owens.

Jericho is outstanding as the smary carny type guy and Owens is the perfect as the straight guy who is offended at almost everything presented to him. Jericho's comedic timing is impeccable and I don't know how Owens didn't burst out laughing many time during the whole thing.

The magician who came from Craigslit and then got put on Jericho's list almost made me wet myself. Then the painting, I was in stitches, and if they don't put that on a t-shirt they are idiots (stupid idiots at that).

What made it so special though is the fact that you can almost feel the chemistry and real friendship between the two. I can't think of any other two wrestler's it would have worked with without coming off as being overly scripted and badly acted. Jericho and Owens made it look natural and you wanted to see more. We all knew Owens was going to snap at some point, he did it at the perfect time.

Too bad we won't see much more like that little segment because Jericho is rumoured to be going on tour with his band. I will surely miss him, he's had one hell of a year.

Agree with all that. In addition, Jericho's delivery of "you beat him!" after Owens beat up Gilberg was perfect. I laughed hard. "It's art, you don't need pants!" was one of the better lines ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back